Oh, POOR baby!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
husband just sent me this text:

Nothing makes me feel more poor than eating my lunch at my desk :(

I replied telling him to take his lunch down to the marina and enjoy the sunshine. And I'm thinking, "Are you KIDDING ME?!" He seriously needs to pull his head out and put on his big-boy pants and grow up.

Steely

No doubt.....gimme a break!!!! Tell him it is the "in" thing to do now (which it is) and get over it.

Jody

Seriously,

I always eat my brought from home lunch at my desk. It's healthier and cheaper. I don't get it. One of my friends from work brings the same thing everyday for lunch and eats it at her desk, pbj, with a granola bar and a water.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
There have been times in my life that I spent lunch break at my desk to hide the fact that I did not HAVE a lunch.

Tell him to count his blessings!

keista

Seriously! Back on the other thread I was thinking that just because he brings his lunch, doesn't mean he HAS to eat it at his desk. Sheesh! Go for a walk, go for a drive. :sigh: MEN.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Why are men so utterly stupid? Is it just in the genes or what?

Seriously? The man ought to be glad he has a lunch to eat at his desk. Four years of school and I rarely at lunch, couldn't afford it. Any time I worked, again no lunch. If I was working, we definitely couldn't afford it because that would've been the reason I was working.

Once, I worked in a sporting goods warehouse filling orders for stores. 12 hr shifts, no AC, climbing these monstrous ladders, lifting endless 100 lb boxes of ammunition........and husband and were so bad off that I only had a jug of water I brought with me for the entire day. by the way.....I will never do that job again, I lost 30 lbs in 3 days.......something I thought was utterly impossible. But once I did make it home I was too exhausted to chew food......so I also didn't eat for days.

Why are men such babies??

husband is having a private cow because he can no longer have soda. Iced tea, lemonaide, or WATER is too far beneath him. Not being able to have milk at his meals is killing him. Aw man, grow up! We're all doing the same thing here.

Now I'm watching how many packs of cigarettes a day are smoked. husband thought he had me there. He buys us both 3 packs a day, generic. (thank god) BOTH because he smokes way more than I do and I've been busy quietly making a point. So when I told him smoking will be done outside to help cut back.......he says but YOU can't cut back, I'm buying you so many packs a day.

Wait for it........

Until I opened my desk drawer. I had a carton of cigarettes in there from this week alone. I had him by the you know whats and he knew it. Priceless. :rofl:

I repeat. Men are babies. ugh

tiredmommy

So.... let's do some math. Let's assume that the average he spends on a lunch is $10 a day. That's $50 a week. That's $2500 a year (assuming 2 weeks vacation). Bringing your lunch probably costs $15 a week. That's $750 a year. With a whopping difference of $1700. And that doesn't count the extra gas and automotive wear & tear by going out. Plus it takes about 5 minutes to pack your lunch, maybe a minute or two to retrieve and reheat it if necessary. That's seven minutes "prep" time. The best he'll do is 15 to 20 minutes wait time if he drives and orders something out.

And, by the way, he has put your family in the precarious position of being "poor".

Steely

I was always under the impression that people who brought their lunch to work were really on top of things - and that I was the slacker for not having made time to make my own lunch. Seriously! Just like as a mom, if you make their lunch they are better off than buying it from the cafeteria??? Somehow that has always been my mentality. Call me weird, but I was envious of all those people with their fancy carrot sticks, and yummy sandwiches with tomatoes and little things of pudding...........Usually I was sitting there eating cold fries or something else gross. I just don't get it.

Mattsmom277

My S/O takes whatever we have in the fridge. Some days its a nice homemade sub sandwich with his favorite stuff on it. Other times it is bologna sandwiches. He brings bottled water and pepsi from home, and I keep him stocked with tubs of trail mix and nuts for when he's munchie. He is fortunate that work sometimes picks up something for the guys, I mean how cool is that? Just one more reason to not have to "splurge" to eat out on Fridays (his old thing in his last job). Now he gets a treat at work when the boss is paying, the rest of the time, he takes it with him. He is direct across from the lake so he can sit by the water to eat if he wants. I think he just stays indoors though and scarfs it down and gets back to work.

I know its hard to readjust for better budgeting. For my S/O he hates giving up all his store bought coffees. We now have 1 early mornings together before he goes to work. That's it for the day. He cracked a poor joke one day, but he really was joking. We save tons of much needed money this way and no regrets. Nothing tastes as good as bills being paid!

keista

What I used to do way back in the day when husband brought his lunch to work was make three plates for dinner. Two plates we ate, and the third was leftover for his lunch. Apparently he was the envy of all his coworkers because he always had something "interesting". When I overcooked by a lot, I packed all that with him for his buddies. We did this whenever he worked too far away to come home for lunch. When he came home it was "leftovers" or sandwiches. Leftovers almost always won.