Oh the fun....

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
We are having a fundraiser today. A run that is several miles long. I am not running it but working it. It is all of 25 degrees out right now. This bites a lot. This is really not the time of year i want to be outside standing for a few hours. The only good thing about it is that at least it isn't snowing. Although I probably shouldn't say that as it will probably start while we are out there.

beth

Andy

Does it seem winter has come quicker and stronger this year? I really think if the wind is any indication of what this winter will bring then we will have lots of blizzards?

Oh, I wish I could bring you a hot cup of cocoa (then I will run back to my warm vehicle - hehehe).

Actually, they should have warming houses for you to work in. (even if you are stopping traffic - tiny warming house in the middle of the intersection)

I am sending my warmest thoughts to you. I will even give up my warmth for the few minutes I plan on being out doors today to and from warm buildings.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm a freak for swaps and stuff -

How do you get to this soire in Whoville? - OMG I snorted coffee out of my nose when I saw that Beth - OMG - thanks for that.

(SHOULD have had a warning) lol :tongue:

maril

I felt a chill go through me when I thought of you being out there today. Be sure to wear a hat and layer your clothing ("Yes, mother" lol). :frostbite:

It is very cold here, too. We have been getting snow, off and on. Not my favorite time of the year.

Try to stay warm, and hopefully, the time will go by fast!

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I am still thawing. It went really well. husband and I liked where we stood. Not warm but we could know exactly when the race would end and look for our ride back to the main area.

easy child ran it. She came in 3rd in her age division. Pretty impressive I thought. Couldn't make me run in weather like this.

Yes mom I did layer. Although since this is going to be an annual thing I do plan on buying some actual long underwear before next year. After I eat a bit of lunch I think it is nap time so I can finish warming up.

beth

F

flutterbee

Snuggle under the covers to get warm. I'm glad you had a good time and WOOHOO easy child!

I think we're in for a fierce winter, too. According to the farmer's almanac we are, and it's sure hitting us early.

Andy

Congratulations to easy child! Also to you for getting through the cold.

difficult child called me at noon to say that he left his brand new warmest of warm hat and mittens at home. husband gave him some but they were not very warm. difficult child fell into a moment of anxiety, "Mom, I am afraid I am going to get frost bite and we have a fire and I breathed in some smoke so I am afraid something bad will happen." I assured him that his hands will be cold but he will not get frostbite and breathing in the smoke is not going to harm him. I told him dad would not let anything bad happen to him. He snapped out of the anxiety immediately and didn't want me to talk about it any more.