Oh! What a morning!

TerryJ2

difficult child waaaay overslept. When he finally got up, 5 min. b4 we were supposed to leave (I had carpool) he said none of his clothes fit him. He tried on 4 pr of khaki pants (dress code) and none fit. I placed an order last night for larger pants (in 15 mo's, he's gone from a 10 reg to an 18 slim*) but they won't arrive until next wk. I told him to put on jeans and a Spirit Shirt (they're allowed that on Fridays). He couldn't find the Spirit Shirt and just sat on his bed.
I had to call the other mom and have her get dressed and take her son. Luckily, she has another son who is autistic so she knows how hectic and unpredictable it can be.
difficult child was getting really angry and stubborn and I was getting angry, too.
If one little thing is out of place, he goes ballistic. d*D forbid, his pants don't fit. You know how that goes with-Aspies. :whiteflag:
I called husband and Ta-da!!! He came home!!!! Kudos to him !!!! :D:D:D
I prepared 1/2 tablet of Clonidine because difficult child was a mess (I was ready for a glass of wine, myself :anxious:) and husband came home and difficult child took the Clonidine with-no problem. (I thought it would help--I was running out of ideas.)
And then I found another pr of khakis in the dryer!!! And they fit!!! (Barely.)
husband and difficult child left 1/2 hr ago, and I had a bowl of cereal and read the paper. I am exhausted. I feel like I've put in a full day, ya know?

So, I have no idea if difficult child was up last night but I doubt it. I think all the late nights he had just hit him all at once.

I'm going for a walk.

*No, he wasn't trying to squeeze into a 10, LOL! I've been buying larger sizes all along.

Last edited:
M

ML

I hope you have a great walk and that your day gets better from here. TGIF!

Josie

When my kids went to the neighborhood school, we carpooled. I remember all that pressure to leave on time so I didn't make the other kid late. My girls are very slow in the morning and it was always stressful.

When we moved them to private school, we couldn't carpool any more. Now it is only difficult child 1 that goes to school and I figure if she is late, it is her problem. (husband doesn't quite agree since he is the one taking her to school.) She waits until the last minute to get up, spends a lot of time getting ready, and leaves at the last second. I think she is late sometimes but it is a very relaxed school and I don't even think they say much. I can't wait until next year when she is going back to the public school and they will give her detention if she is late!

Enjoy the rest of the day!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Oh yeeeaaaaah! been there done that! :D

Meet me for lunch today for another of those famous salads and a glass of wine? ;)

TGIF!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Terry--

I'm glad you added the PS about the size ten pants...the first thing I thought was "Yikes! Trying to squeeze a size 18 butt into size 10 pants would make ANYBODY cranky!"

Hope things get better when the new clothes arrive...

--DaisyF

Andy

Oh Boy! What a morning. I can picture it now! Are you having a calmer day now that has been settled?

Jena

you are so funny sometimes, you realy are. i just read that and i'm picturing him melting down you ready for a glass of wine and husband to the rescue. good man he is truly!!

How was your walk??? you always know exactly what to do for you, that's great!!!

i'm sorry your morning was rough. a.m.s can be so hard for us parents. it svcks.

TerryJ2

Daisyface, LOL!

Yeah, a size 18 kid in size 10 pants would be like me in a thong, getting a wedgie, too!!! Arrgh!

Yes, the day settled down. I had emailed his teacher but she was out sick. :(
But he did fine for the rest of the day.

It was just that he overslept, and he couldn't find pants to fit. If his voice didn't get so loud and mean and he didn't get so aggressive it would be easier to feel sorry for him. We are trying to get him to realize that instead of making us feel sorry for him, like a crying person would, he makes us angry and scared.
We're working on that in therapy.
Maybe I should video tape him.

Tomorrow we're shopping for jeans, and baseball cleats.

The khakis should arrive by Tue, but I am having them delivered to the mall because there's no charge. (I found that out by accident one day. I love the clothes by L---'- E--- and they ship to P----'s.:) )