Oh, you're not going to believe this

klmno

I got a generic "Do Not Reply" email from the gov agency this morning saying a candidate had been chosen for the position. Given that the man told me he was working his way thru 40 resumes, and this email came 24 hours after he called from a different agency than he's at, it sppears to me that the candidate was already picked out and he was just going thru the fed gov's requirements. They do that sometimes when they want to hire from within and unless they get an applicant higher qualified, that person gets the job. Oh well.... it really wasn't good timing for me anyway.

klmno

No- each position is keyed with a unique number so that isn't it. Half of it's down until next week right now so after I move and get settled, I'll update and search for more openings. A lot of people are tranistioning within those agencies right now so while there will be a lot of openings, they do try to hire people "displaced" from all that transitioning first. That will be a good thing if I'm ever one of those people! But it sure is hard getting inside that door!

H

HaoZi

Hoping the best for you and that you enjoy your new place, even if you end up moving for a job sooner than you thought.