Ohhhhh the travesty! The unmittigated gall! THE PUPPY!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Oh my STARS!!!!! In my own house, right under my OWN nose......:groan:

Olivia is.......(insert tragic theme dut duh duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)

A SOCK THIEF....

I've been keeping my closet door locked, the basket up off the floor, and yet just like a difficult child the few seconds I have left the door open? She has been sneaking INTO the room, standing on tip toe, reaching into the basket and nabbing herself.....A sock. One at a time....This is of course, not acceptable for a SOCK SNOB foster Mother who upon walking the back yard today before mowing noticed (((((shredded socks))))) one of each. Not mated pairs, not two at a time....

It's okay - tomorrow she gets SPAYED!! We'll see who wants to stand on tippy toe and snatch her foster Moms socks after THAT....

on a lighter and more Glorious note.....except for the sock sneaking incidents....she's stopped teething and otherwise doing well on her training. Hates to come, hates a leash, hates me during school, would rather lay down in the grass and scream and kick like a banshee on fire than do anything asked of her, but I'm winning her over. Today I drug out secret weapon #1 - chicken livers. Heck I should have saved the money and put SOCKS in my trainers pocket. Who knew! (slaps head)

She really did well today - Prrrrrrrobably eyeing my socks. Errr sock.

witzend

Oscar likes wash cloths. Bubba only liked husband's white sweat socks. They get the weirdest things into their heads!

KTMom91

Bud prefers stuffed animals WITHOUT faces...guess he doesn't like them looking back at him. And they must have tails, or long ears, or a rope attached, to make it easier to smack Mommy and Daddy with so we know it's time to play.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Aw....only Olivia could make sock snatching cute.

Mary, our JRT MUST REMOVE THE EYEBALLS of ALL THINGS STUFFED. Devil dog, he is.

donna723

Mine love to get hold of socks and washcloths too. Back when Ragan and Katy could actually get along and I didn't have to separate them, they'd sneak in and get socks to play tug with. My crew hasn't had stuffed animals for several years. Bostons are instant death to stuffies! They can rip the seams open and have the stuffings out of them in under a minute! I don't waste my money on them any more. They can't even have the regular rubber or plastic chew toys because they bite chunks off of all of them except for the really heavy duty Kong toys.

H

HaoZi

My cat has a thing for shoelaces. I have one of those over the door hangers for shoes, and even though I tuck the laces in, he will get up there and pull them out so he can chew on them. Oh, and they must be black laces. From shoes that I wear - new shoes and white laces just don't get it for him. He also likes those plastic zip ties after they've been cut off something. Weirdo cat.

Jody

My Broady loves washcloths. He will take those and run with them and then he will lay on top of it with his face and hold it for dear life.
He loves to get an occasional stuffed animal, and he also goes for the eyes. I do not buy them new but I find them cheap at Goodwill.
He can even chew some of the Kong toys, but he has learned if he does and tries to eat it, he loses the toy, now he gets off a piece and just leaves it right there for me. I guess the fun is in breaking it off the toy for him.
Olivia has a great fostermom. Do you think you will end up just keeping her Star?

My sister had a Basset Hound who used to store socks in his cheeks and he would spit them out on the sidewalk when walking in NYC. He was the funniest dog! He used to do the same thing with her underwear. Funny,

This dog used to jog with her, and sometimes when someone would run by coming from the other way, he would suddenly roll over onto his back and start panting heavily like he was dying or something. (He was faking) Then when the person would stop and say, "OMG Is your dog alright?" My sister would say he's faking, and she wouldn't be able to move him. Then when the person jogged away, the dog would just get right up, and happily keep going. He put on a little show for stangers. This dog was the funniest dog.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Star will NOT keep Olive, Star will NOT keep Olive, Star will NOT keep a socksnatcher. No she deserves to go to a home with a Mummy that will loan her socks. ALL by her onesises. Cause right now? I'm going to the store to buy socks and I"m NOT happy about it. FORTUNATELY for her our Walgreens is remodeling and had a closeout on LOADS of stuff, and one of them happened to be Hanes socks for women - $3.49 from $7.99 so I got 2 bags, and am currently wearing flip flops until she's placed. Poor thing she looks SO pitiful tonight. Like "I'm having a hysterectomy tomorrow Lady (thats what she calls me - THE LADY) and I just want a snack, a drink, the potty lid is down, a note is on the door - the cookie jar, ----she figured she could shmooze "THE MAN" (that's what she calls DF) NOPE. But her looks are so pathetic. I feel so badly for her and the ASPCA?

Let me tell you something about the GOOD OLD ASPCA - go there and they have you fill out the forms right. SO they give FREE spay, and I've been collecting cans to pay for her shots. Okay alls good there. People are pigs made it easy. But then the ASPCA who PROMOTES all those tear jerker, "am I going to eat tonight", WILL I BE IN THIS CAGE FOREVER? commercials - comes out and tells me the cost of the shots rabies, and the like then says (and this is what got me) "WOULD YOU LIKE OLIVA TO HAVE PAIN MEDICATION AFTER SURGERY if so CHECK THAT BOX?"

"Um.....WHAT DO YOU MEAN DO I WANT her to have pain medication..you're the freaking ASPCA - don't you GIVE them free pain medications?" and the girl behind the counter who looks like she'd rather be anywhere and I mean ANYWHERE other than there says to me with a Lady GAGA look "Well yah, but you have to buy it, we don't just GIVE it free. It's TEN dollars. You want it or not."

Well talk about poopy......of course I don't want her to feel pain....but what a racket. And just out of curiosity how much pain are the dogs in that DO NOT get the TEN DOLLAR treatment?

You could have heard a cricket chirp......and belch. BEcause .....and you know me.......MY NEXT QUESTION?

ISNt THAT ANIMAL CRUELTY????? And Ya'll ARE the ASPCA right? How does that figure?

No one answered me.....so yeah ----I want a complete hysterectomy without pain medications at the ASPCA. I'll be sure to continue to support them now. WOW.

Up all night - THe panty spitting Bassett was a scream! ONe of a kind.

Mattsmom277

Olivia would love Pepper, our bratty minx kitty. I'll trade you one sock thiefing dog for one UNDERPANTS stealing kitty! ugh! It was only inevitable that she'd drag some undies out in mixed company. And it would be in front of a non animal loving friend who instead of roaring laughing was appalled at my kitties lack of manners and poor choice in toys and who instead spoke of how quick she's skin the cat if it happened to her. (But true to form, this kitty lover was roaring inside behind the shame of my gitch on display!)

DammitJanet

Star...Im giggling at Olivia stealing your socks but I have no doubt about the ASPCA. Jamie hates them with a pure passion. He has never actually completely explained it to me in a complete sentence why he hates them so much but if an animal control officer who works for the sheriffs department has a reason to hate them with such passion I figure he has a pretty good reason to so I will take his word on it.

Star*

call 911........call 911
After I bring in my socks.....Well.........truth be told.....Olivia has no taste what.so.ever. DF just told me why HIS laundry basket is up high. He had to keep going out in the yard retrieving HIS underpants. I just stood there looking at DF and I said "Well maybe you should get a new pair, and stop wearing the same pair day after day. I'm sure she's tired of dragging the same old shorts out the dog door as much as you are of going out in the yard and fetching your britches."

I don't think he's cooking dinner tomorrow night. And I thought he had a sense of humor. :flirtysmile3:

H

HaoZi

I'm seriously considering mailing Star all the "orphan socks" that we have to put in a basket just for 'livia.

Star*

call 911........call 911
antie hazoi.....dibs libia.....

i no stealllllllls socks or nassy unnerpanz. borrows to maked my fort. das all. to widdle to gets bwanket out o a door. Lady iz no funz at awel.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Actually she's not a bad typist. (checks to see that the keyboard and mouse are still in place)

H

HaoZi

OMW I'm so glad I wasn't drinking when I read that and watched the internal movie.

Star*

call 911........call 911
:flirtysmile3:You'd just need to live here to know we laugh more than we do anything else. Three very educated talking dogs and one puppy that's quickly becoming too smart for her own good. Pootie will hunt down my phone and finds it every time the text goes boodely boop. She also texts Mstang all the time. I've seen some pretty interesting pictures when she's angry at me too. Casper would get on the computer and type, but he has no thumbs and longs for a pair. Bull is like his Dad and wants nothing to do with technology. Olivia? Well considering she's had absolutely NO formal training, had been left to run wild, never been talked to, has had NO language interaction, no word skills, no vocabulary whatsoever he verbage set thus far consists of : Olivia, cookie, sit, what do we do FOR a cookie? Snuggle? Good Girl! Off, NOT YOURS, OMG MY SOCK? SCHOOLS~~ Lets DO SCHOOLS! COME OUT FROM UNDER THE COUCH SCHOOL IS FUN. THIS IS YOURS, BABY, BALL, PLAY, OUTSIDE, PP, HURRY, WALK, WITH ME, and that's about it. Not bad for a month or so time. WIsh it were more, but she's coming along nicely for someone that has NEVER had human language spoken to her.

As far as COME? that's a tough one for her. Come means RUN AWAY and dart around, and make a fool out of myself to and fro. AND lets see how long the lady will SIT THERE waiting for me. Oh she's a pistol. I have her on video tape and it's almost funny..almost.
AND other odd things like - she was beaten. DF walks with a cane. She was in the den, he went to go past her and she nearly left a present on the floor trying to get under the wood stove away from him. This tells us she's been hit with sticks or something.
She also has had someone play a mean game of come in the door and slam it on her face. Because it's taken us ALL the time she's been here to get her to WALK through a door, come IN a door, come IN the house from being outside. It broke our hearts to see everyone run in the house after being outside and her stop right at the door on skids.....and just back up. She could nearly go backwards as fast as she could forwards. Cool to see, but indicates to us someone either hit her, slammed a door on her or kicked her out, yelled at her to the point it scared her to be in the house. ANd the jerks that had her said they kept them in the house. Well that's not true or we wouldn't have had her and her sister so much now would we.
She's coming along nicely - she finally walked on lead today!! Which is huge.....HUGE. And she LOVES to snuggle with me in bed. She's a sneak about it - because Pootie isn't likely to share....but she's doing her best too and knows Olivia will get a new Mom soon. Then she can have her's back all to herself.

She's going to be a lovely little girl for someone. Our news JUST reported someonethey found a starved, beaten, bloody, holes all over him, teeth filed down baby 1 yr. Pitbull a BAIT dog so fighting is picking up again. The poor thing was disgusting. Makes me scared to try and place her locally. Idiots. And they said HELP US - yeah right - animal control said "MUST HAVE VIDEO TAPE" - I went with skulls - must have video tape. PHOOEY.

donna723

Star, when ever one of mine has had surgery, they always ask me if I want pain medications for them! Well, duh! They do give them pain medications right after the surgery but if you get some to take home to give them for a day or two, it's an extra charge. But you'd be surprised how many people don't bother to get it! Sheeeesh! How would they like to have surgery and then just be on their own to suffer through it with no pain medications! Do they really think that their dog doesn't feel the same pain that they would after surgery?

Star*

call 911........call 911
Donna -

EXACTLY!!!!! Please give me a hysterectomy and oh don't bother with any pain medications after _ just give me a stick to bite on. I'm tough like THAT. Eeeesch.