Ok, here's the doubt....

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Lisa's right. I have a really good male friend. I've known him longer than husband. In fact he and husband get along really well. Years ago when I first met him it was waaaaaayyyy more than friendship. But we both got our heads back on straight and it's the only time I've ever been able to be "just friends" with an ex. Except he's not an ex. Well, I won't go into that.

The point I am trying to make is - he and I talk about everything. And I do mean that. I can rant about husband and he'll give me a guy's perspective, or he can complain about something his wife is doing and I can help there. We don't talk that often - every few months, we'll text for a few days then drop the conversation for a while.

So I agree. Get to know him as friends. If there is more there, it will develop naturally - and then you will always have a rock-solid base of friendship (which let me tell you, helps with me and husband - a lot!) - and if nothing develops, well then - you have another friend!

DDD

In my six single years I had a number of get togethers with men I didn't know well. I just pretended they were female or gay and focused on making a new friend. Only a very few ended up being intimate friends and when the vibes began to change then our mutual interest led to deeper questions. Friendships take alot of time to develop. Chill and enjoy. DDD

klmno

I've had many male friends in the past too. But, I see where I should have started this off differently now. Thanks!