OK - I Can Share My Big News Now...

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
As you know, we've been looking for a rental house...and we've been here and there to see a few.

Well, we got to talking with a person who said he was willing to sell us his house through a "Rent-to -Own" arrangement. We were so excited! (And that's when I asked you all to shake those chicken livers and rattle those beads!) We went to a few meetings and spoke with real estate lawyers to see how best to set up the deal to protect everyone's interests...

In the end, the homeowner changed his mind. We were so disappointed!

:(

So, no luck there.

Then, we found a rental house posted online. This house was newer, bigger and in a better neighborhood. So we went to take a look at it....thinking we'd have to go through a "rental application" process....and would probably have a lot of competition for such a nice property.

Instead, we were offered the house on the spot!

Talk a bout a whirlwind! Here we thought we were just going to look at the place and instead we were signing papers and writing checks! We've got a two year lease!

:D

So all that nekked dancing worked better than we had even hoped!

Thank you friends!

Now, who's available to help us move?

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Woo-hooo!

Hey, I'll help you move if it means I get a break from the difficult children at my house! :rofl:

nvts

I'll help if I can bring the difficult children and forget them there in that box that everyone always forgets to unpack....:bigsmile::rolleyes:

Beth

Star*

call 911........call 911
I have an 18' car trailer.......just nothing to tow it with.......I NEED A NEW VEHICLE! Want a Ford Explorer SUV V-8....tow package....leather interior...low miles.....around $4k. you help me get that? I'll be there. Other wise it's a LONG walk....and then I'll need shoes, and a bag, and jewelry.....and a hat. And a matching water container....a new shirt....or two. Capris.....underwear. A donkey....then a saddle. Matching riding leathers. My list just goes on.

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEW DIGGS!!!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I'll bring deviled eggs. Figure the "devil" part can be contributed by all of our difficult children.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

DDD

I'm so happy for you and your family. Don't forget to purchase "renters insurance". It's dirt cheap and well worth the bucks....it's usually under $200 a year and gives loads of protection.No.....I don't sell insurance, lol. Just know from my real estate days that it is a darn good ideato get coverage. Enjoy. DDD

DammitJanet

I cant help with the moving myself but I can bring a broken down difficult child to help a little bit. He is better than nothing! Works cheap and stays away from jailbait...lol.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
I remember your post when the first deal fell through and your frustration.......... just goes to show that good things can happen to those who wait....... glad you will have a "nice" roof over your head and my best wishes for a smooth transition. I hate moving, so will wait to throw a cyber party to help you unpack! My only advice would be to throw out stuff you haven't used in a while.......... maybe garage sale time?

katya02

Solace
Awww, I miss everything .... congratulations on your new place! Next time I'll arrive in time for the
dancing and the beer! :biggrin:

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Thanks for the well wishes everyone!!

Yes, Janet--anyone you bring will need to be resistant to "jail bait"--especially if difficult child is planning on wearing those short-shorts of hers...Yikes!

Beer, cake and deviled eggs all sound good...Is clothing optional? I'd like to leave mine ON, if it's all the same to everyone...that would be my option. Other than that--dancing is OK at my new house...any time!