Ok I know I am posting a lot about trivial things but argh

DammitJanet

Now I am getting hit with lots of stupid things that are just making me nuts.

I paid my cable bill the other day. Billy is supposed to pay me so much a month and normally he just pays it all towards the electric bill but because the power bill was less than what we charge him a month, I made him pay the rest towards to the cable bill. (Yes we let him get away with way less than what we should be charging him but that is another post for another day)

Well the night I went in to make my payment online it was acting funny and it wouldnt go through when I hit continue and came up with a bar that said contact Time Warner. So I figured maybe the sight was down. I did go into my bank account to make sure it hadnt hit me and take the money out anyway and it hadnt. So during the day the next day I tried it again because Billy was home and I could get it paid with both of us here in case we both had to talk to them on the phone. Well we tried it on the internet and it went through both times. But even so, I checked my email and bank just to make sure. It showed up there just fine.

Well I called time warner anyway to tell them what had happened just to make sure they knew what had happened and how their page had acted. They said if it came out twice they would refund the money back to me immediately. Okay.

Well...I just checked my bank and I see that I have two denied debit transactions and one that says that it went through but in my bank it has one that is being held in some strange place but hasnt been taken out of my available balance which looks to me like they are holding it to charge me overdraft fees. I am ticked. I had the money in my account the entire time this whole thing was going on. Nothing else was being held against it. I run a very tight ship on my money and make sure I have the money in my account to pay certain bills at certain times. This junk throws me off.

So I guess in addition to calling all over heck and high water about the donkey's rearend, I have to settle my stupid financial fiasco caused by time warner. Who knows how long that will take. And I have no idea if it was caused by them or my bank. Ugh.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Janet - :hugs: - that's not trivial!!!

Banks like to do things like that, but especially when Time Warner is part of it!

I'd call the bank and ask why/what the two denied debit tx's are and if they are all to TWC, they need to fix them. GAH! I hate koi like this.

DDD

I understand your frustration. With more important things on our mind it is really discombobulating to have problems with just necessary survival actions. Hope you can get answers and resolution. Hugs DDD

buddy

Hang in there Janet....You have pushed through way bigger problems... (though I still say these little things can be more stressful than one big issue to deal with....sigh)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
This stuff irks me no end. And by the way I hate TWC to the nth degree, period.

I have a site online that easy child set up so I can pay all my bills that way. It's to make it easier and help me remember to pay them. I have two sitting there right now. I forgot how to get into it. lol I'll have her help me with it tonight. But it won't do the water bill or gas bill because that is local, not that it's a big deal. I'm within walking distance of both. Although I'm gonna have a long talk with the gas co. I've paid it every month since sept without fail. Yet every month they tell me there is a past due amt, wth? Uh, no. Something is screwy, can't be a past due amt if I'm paying it in full each month. ugh

Hope you get it settled quickly.

Hugs

trinityroyal

I agree that it's not trivial, and you have every right to be royally cheesed off.
When you work so hard to keep your finances under control exactly so that you don't run into this sort of situation, it's maddening when they find a way to do it for you.
I would raise all sorts of ruckus.

Sending many hugs to you, and a pointy stick for you to menace TimeWarner and the bank.

susiestar

Roll With It
Raise a ruckus and keep asking for a supervisor until they take away any fees. YOU didn't cause this and YOU shouldn't pay for it. If the bank mgr tells you that you should, find the CEO's number and call his secretary and CRY. It works for me - by that time I am usually so angry that I start crying (I HATE that but can't seem to stop it). I ahve yet to be told that they couldn't fix it for me.

DammitJanet

It appears all is well and it was only double emails. No fees or anything on my bank and it has now been released as it should be. I still have to call Time Warner though because they arent living up to what they said my monthly payment was supposed to be. Why you cannot get ever get the price they quote you as the monthly payment I will never know.

H

HaoZi

Arrrrg is right, not getting quoted price and and constantly raising the price is why I finally dumped cable for my Roku. Except for Shark Week I don't miss cable much, either.