Ok, I must be weird.

klmno

My downstairs stays much cooler than the upstairs. It's so hot upstairs that even with a ceiling fan, it would take hours to get it tolerable if I turned the thermostat any higher downstairs (it's on 72) but I am cold a lot of times downstairs.

Therefore, I am seriously in the mood for a hot dog with-chips, a fire in the fireplace, cake/ice cream, a movie in the living room and popcorn!

What is everyone else doing this weekend?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
LOL klmno

That's why I don't like air conditioning.

Right now it's not that hot here really, but the humidity has me pouring sweat.

Tonight I'm watching baby Brandon. In other words I'm watching him sleep as I've already worn him out for the night. lol While his parents and big brother Darrin catch the movie Transformers.

So while the baby is sleeping I'll be playing FarmTown on FaceBook and playing Sims 3.....while attempting not to swim in my own sweat and remind myself why it is I don't care much for air conditioning. lol (other than the cost)

everywoman

husband and I went out on a double date with Jana and her new friend. M even paid for him and Jana!!! Then they went to walk on the beach and the old folks came home to watch tv.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am marshalling my troops to de-piticize this place. I can't do much, but I can direct them!!!

We are working on lists for the upcoming trip to my in=laws place in New Mexico. It is the first time Jess and thank you have been there, and Wiz only went once when he was almost three. I can't go, but I want them to have a ball.

I will work on lists of what clothes the kids need, and stuff like contact solution, and tehn the kids can do their laundry and pack. So when they leave on thurs they will be all ready!!!

I am also going to my parents with my Dad's favorite coconut dessert on Sat or Sun.

Fran

Former desparate mom
klmno, depending on where the sun is hitting the house decides whether that room is comfortable or chilly. Sometimes I have to turn it up to 75 but then as the sun inches down, it gets too warm. I have a blanket on my feet although the rest of me is warm.
Sorry, I am an a/c devotee. I couldn't do without it any more than I could do without heat. In the evenings, I try to enjoy the outside but it's impossible in the middle of the day.

Andy

So, you have winter downstairs and summer up! Is it fall and spring in the stair wells? Move the t.v. to the bottom of the stairs and sit on the stairs watching it. I may even feel like a movie theator?

We are going on a family trip! I am so excited. I have the van cleaned out and ready for luggage. Now I am in that icky, "wife, where is this? wife, where is that? What time do we need to leave? We need to go by XX time to get there in time. Gosh, you do not have to stop for juice and donuts (breakfast). What route we taking? Good thing I know how to get there." and Diva expects ME to fix the wedding gift bag because between cleaning the van, packing for difficult child and myself, making a list of what needs to be checked before leaving, ect. ect., I still apparently have more time to do so than her packing for herself! And kids wonder why moms get to the point that they don't like to go anywhere! All I can say is thank heavens for LARGE gift bags and tissue wrap.

Oh Well! I am still in happy land and going with the flow! Dreams of this trip keep me going. Those dreams better hold true!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Too funny you mentioned that. I moved my bedroom into my downstairs office because it's so COOOOL down there. Winter? I'll move back upstairs.

Daisy...FarmTown? I have so many friends that are daily begging me to play the game. I guess I just haven't had enough time to figure it out. All I know is I have a lot of 'gifts' that I need to use somehow. ;)

This weekend I'm taking some down time. No H, not going to apply for jobs...just hang out. Now if I had a pool to jump into every now and then, I might do some yard work.

Finished one book (THAT was a marathon session yesterday) and want to think about the other before I delve back into the other.

It's weird...I woke up at 2am just anticipating the alone time, hence me being on the net at 4am.

Abbey

Lothlorien

Well, the sun is finally out here! We've been dealing with an unprecedented amount of rain and cloudy days. Last night, much of the state had hail and we had the most wicked lightening I've seen in years. I went to get out of my car and lightening struck EXTREMELY close to where we live and I jumped right back in the car and wouldn't let the kids out either.

We have a BBQ to go to this afternoon and we have family coming over tomorrow afternoon for a BBQ. Hopefully, we won't get anymore rain or thunderstorms. I'm gonna need some waders and a canoe soon!

klmno

It sounds like everyone is having a pretty good weekend! Lisa, I hope I can enjoy holding an innocent baby again someday- knowing I can return him/her back to the parents at some point!

I ended up doing the eating part of my wishes last night, but not the fire or the movie. I'm using the movie as a means to motivate myself today!