Ok. Seriously???

flutterby

Fly away!
So, I'm back on steroids and you know how they mess with your immune system, right? I'm also over one month into a fever - it's really getting old.

I've noticed this thing on my back for the last several days - felt it, rather than saw it. I get cystic acne and figured that's what it was. Today, I scratched that area and it was very tender. So, I go look - it's in such a place that I really have to twist around to look at it.

And it is a raised rash, about the size of my hand, in the shape of a square. Almost a perfect square.

GP thinks that it started out as an infected hair follicle and went haywire.

Seriously? I get the stupidest stuff. So, now I'm antibiotics, too. I'm really annoyed.

AND...the secretary at my GP's office left. :(

tiredmommy

Ugh!!! That's exactly the sort of thing that would happen to me or Duckie. I call us "ten percent-ers" because we get the weird stuff that doesn't happen to anyone else.

Welcome to our little club. :hammer:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Reminds me of what mother in law used to get. She always called them a wren? Something like that. doctor used to have to surgically lance hers and drain it, very painful. I know about them cuz she got them on her back right between the shoulder blades and I'd have to dress the wound for her.

flutterby

Fly away!
She said it didn't look like an abscess or a boil...just something that went haywire. More than likely because of the steroids.

It is possible that it's an allergic reaction to something, but it doesn't really itch. So, if the antibiotics don't work, I guess we'll go that route.

TM - my mom said her parents called her the "ten percent" baby. As a young child, she'd get all of the things that the parenting books tell you about, but only happen in 10% of babies. LOL

Unfortunately, I've been a member of this club a long time (although not as a child!). I wonder how I can revoke my membership.....