OK Smart Family, Do You Know??

DDD

Who, What, When, Where or How one gets old LP record albums
converted over to CD's???? I know it must be available as the
Walgreens now takes old 8mm movies and cheaply puts them on CDs.

I have some musical performances of the "kids" that I would like
to give them for Christmas. :thumb: My mailman told me that
he "saw" a "thing" that you could buy to transfer your records to
an MP3 player. Close..but no cigar.

I'm sure "the family" will know which way to lead me! DDD

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Big Bad Kitty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe if you just take the LP and trim about 6" off the edges...</div></div> :rofl:

DDD,

We bought a turntable that inputs the LP signal into the computer. It wasn't terribly expensive. Once you have the info in the computer you can burn a CD, DVD, or go the MP3 route. I have a huge record collection that I planned to convert... but... it does take time :-(

DDD

We are a family of Einsteins...with a couple of silly gooses
mixed in! :smile: Thanks, as always. DDD

Star*

call 911........call 911
I saw a brand new one of these in the box at the Goodwill last month. I didn't know what it was at first - and then realized I could have been killed by a man with an arm full of records - trying to get in front of me to claim it as his. OKAY dude- your manners went out with the Yard Birds!?

I would ask you though-Are you just looking for that music

OR

Are you looking for that LP playing scratchy sound?

If you are looking for the music there are a ton of music share sites out there to make your own compilations.

I love the BeeGees - but a few of their songs are not my fav. I downloaded all the songs I liked and made my OWN record/cd to speak.

Let us know D3 -

Marguerite

I have a neighbour who does this. Plus we have had the software to do it for some time. Apple computers now come with Sound Studio, the same file I used to record a meeting secretly while typing minutes. difficult child 3 just used Sound Studio to do his music homework.

You would need to find a way to get the record player output directly onto the computer. Once there and uploaded to the computer, you can use Sound Studio to reduce/remove clicks and pops manually, looking at the wave form.

We have another software package (an old one) called Music Time. We've used that to turn a MIDI file into manuscript. it will also play back. For a performance a few years ago, we took a pop singer's performance of a particular carol, fed it through the computer into a MIDI file, processed it through Music Time, removed the vocal track, transposed it into the key we wanted, copied and pasted in an extra verse and modified the ending into a proper ending, not the singer's fade-out. Then we played it back onto a CD so it could be played as a backing tape for the small group that were performing it. A masterful feat of technology, the end result sounded good.
Then the performance got rained out and we never got to sing it!

Marg

DDD

I am NOT a techie!!!!!!! :smile: Maybe it will be "clearer" in
the morning! :rofl: easy child/difficult child just told me on the phone from the
jail "Mama, that's not a real bright idea. I'll just download and burn what you want!"

BUT.......what about the individual event recordings where my
daughters sank like larks????? Alas, I know not. Goodnight! DDD

PS: LOL! I think you guys have talked me out of the idea even
if it can be done for under a hundred.

Geez! What a family this is!!!!!!!!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
D3 -

Take the Lark Songs to ANY recording studio. They'll do it for you for pretty reasonable.