Ok, so its almost Halloween. What are the little ones going as?

DammitJanet

I was allowed to help pick Keyana's costume this year so I showed her a couple online and asked her would she like to be a Princess deer hunter and look like Papa or would she like to be a race car driver for grandma? She chose race car driver when we found the Barbie race car driver costume...lol. I was surprised she didnt pick the pink camo outfit to be honest. Tony was gonna get her a toy gun and paint it pink...lol and wear his antlers on his head.

Cameron is going to be a Transformer.

I have no idea what Hailie and Mikey are going to be. I asked when they were down here but they didnt know. If they kept it, Hailie had an adorable little dog costume she wore her first halloween. Mikey could wear that.

I think Keyana is gonna be a cute race car driver. Its got a little hat and its a pink and black jump suit with the Barbie logo and little sequins and rhinestones. I got it at Costume Craze. Lots of costumes are reduced.

muttmeister

Now that my granddaughter is living with me, we will have to come up with something. She mentioned going as a kitty cat. That sounds do-able.

Every Halloween I remember when one of my difficult children was middle school age. He put a cooking pot on his head and was going trick-or -treating. I asked him what he was supposed to be. How could I be so stupid...he said he was going as a POT-HEAD.:tongue:

tiredmommy

Duckie is going as Jane, the Volturian vampire from the Twilight series. I pointed out to her that Jane is a pretty evil vampire who enjoys inflicting pain with her "gift". Duckie said "I know! Jane is soooo cool!".

Should I be worried yet?

KTMom91

This is the first year (so far) that Miss KT and I have not gone to Goodwill to find assorted bits and pieces for her costume. I have never bought a pre-made costume. Last year, I think, she was Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas. We bought a black dress ($5) and with scraps of fabric, I sewed huge patches on like she was put together, drew details on the patches with Sharpie, she wore black nylons and black heels, we whited her face, drew on stuff with black eyeliner, and there you have it.

I love Goodwill.

DammitJanet

When my kids were little I made all their costumes from scratch and I couldnt sew a lick. I was just very good with iron on tape and fabric glue...lol. I would love to do the same things now but who knows if that would be cool...lol. I made some great costumes. Bag of jelly beans. Hersey's Kiss. Cory was a king one year. Jamie was that kid from Little Rascal's whose hair stood up. Oh the obvious Mickey Mouse. A computer. Cool stuff.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Actually Janet.......those are still fabulous costumes.......and the ones that win costume contests. lol

Darrin is going to be some superhero and I dunno the name.

Aubrey was going to be a tiger, Nichole found the costume at a yard sale for like a dollar, but has changed her mind and wants to be a cat in general. lol

Brandon is going to be a monkey. Perfect costume for him.

Conner will be a pumpkin......easy child bought the costume ages ago and just saved it.

Have no clue what we'll do for Kayla, Alex, and Evan since it looks like they'll be here for trick or treat. I have a bee and a Clifford costume in my laundry room.....Evan could use one of those. He is older than Aubrey by a couple of months but she's like 2 clothing sizes ahead of him. One of the kids could be a medical person........both easy child and I have scrubs they could use and equipment. lol But husband and I have no extra cash right now.....and neither does anyone else in the family. So K and her husband will have to address that issue.

And for once Nana is NOT going trick or treating with the grands. I will be visited by them but I will not go along. I put my foot down. I did it forever with my own kids.......I feel no compulsion to go with the grandkids. They can visit me and I can spoil them with candy and ohhhh and ahhhhh over them......and be just fine with it. lol

Fran

Former desparate mom
rofl. Our only girl(niece) who is 3 yrs old is very petite. We all get her girly things because we can. LOL. She is going as superman and doesn't even want to hear of any other alternative. Frankly her spirit appeals to me.

witzend

Apparently L is dateless and going to a party as She Ra. Did I mention that she is 27 years old? And she can't figure out why she's not married yet...

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Janet, I fell to a new low and wee bought Wee's costume this year...the only costume I have ever bought was one for Wee when he was a tiny baby...I have made all the rest.

But Wee is a ninja this year, and fairly excited. And frankly, I'm ok with having the year off.

donna723

I used to go all out on the Halloween costumes when my kids were little - I worked on them for weeks! There was a little gray mouse outfit I made out of a pattern that was actually for a devil outfit but I made it in light gray with a pink tummy - it had a long tail and little hat-thing that I made by covering a pair of Mickey Mouse ears with matching fabric. I made it for my daughter and my son wore it a few years later. My daughter had a great homemade angel outfit one year with sparkly wings and a halo, and there was a clown outfit made out of multi-colored striped fabric with a big ruffle around the neck and a black derby hat. When they outgrew the costumes they were passed down to cousins and then on to other kids as they grew into them. I wouldn't be surprised if those same little costumes were still circulating and making the rounds of the kids in our old neighborhood!

DammitJanet

Fran, my therapists dtr refuses the girly girl stuff and wants to do boy things. Frustrates my therapist to no end especially when she sees all my Keyana pics...lol. I told her we could take the kids out together this year as race car drivers. That would actually probably appeal to her granddaughter. Or her granddaughter might love to go as a football player. Last year the mom made her go as a cheerleader and boy was she ticked off! LOL. I say let her get a jersey and a small pair of football pants and go for it!

All too soon these girls are gonna be living for make up and boys. Especially mine!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Janet, isn't that the truth. Although, she wanted a pink birthday cake so she does like some girly things. She is really into Halloween this year. Made me want to get home and decorate for Halloween even though I won't be here.
I love seeing kids get excited about holidays and the customs. It's really so fun.
Witz, she-ra? It's a super hero or an egyptian princess? It sounds familiar but I haven't dressed up for Halloween in a long time.