Ok, so who else has tons of snow on the ground?

BusynMember

We rarely get snow at all this early, but we got hit hard before Christmas and here I am sitting home because it snowed a little more today and I don't like to drive in slush. I made hub drive my daughter to the roller rink where she goes every Saturday night. I like winter and think snow is really pretty, but I don't go on the roads with my car until they've plowed a few times. So tonight I have cabin fever because I only went out once today.

mum2JK&TH

We have had a ton of it! Some snowbanks are so high that your playing with your life just trying to make a turn. Right now we are having some mild weather but even that isn't making a huge difference with melting, there is just so much of it.
I am hoping we are done with the worst as my car is still in the shop for the repairs from the last bad weather when I hit some black ice and slid into a curb....$1600.00 and carless for almost 2 weeks now :frown:

Kathy813

Staff member
It has finally rained in Atlanta! We are in the midst of a severe drought. It has been so long since it rained that our newspaper today had an article titled:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look! Up in the sky, it's . . . . whatchamacallit!</div></div>

The article went on to explain that what was falling from the sky was a substance known in the olden days as "rain" and that there was nothing to be afraid of. The article ended with rain survival tips.

:rofl: :rofl:

~Kathy

klmno

No, No snow, but since you're there with nothing better to do- there is another post you could help on........

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
It has not stopped snowing here since before thanksgiving... we have over 3 feet on the ground!!! I think we have broken records here for early snowfall... I love it... But am getting sick of shoveling!

We have less than an inch. Our snow from earlier in the month all melted right before Christmas, then we got a couple inches on Friday. I love it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kathy813</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look! Up in the sky, it's . . . . whatchamacallit!</div></div>

The article went on to explain that what was falling from the sky was a substance known in the olden days as "rain" and that there was nothing to be afraid of. The article ended with rain survival tips.

:rofl: :rofl:

~Kathy </div></div>

:smile:

Barbara

Wiped Out

Staff member
Oh yeah-we have tons of it! Yesterday morning it looked so pretty like someone had dipped all the trees in powdered sugar. I know I will be sick of it soon but right now I am enjoying it. :sled:I would love to go sledding but haven't been able to convince difficult child yet.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
We had over a foot all over the place a week ago, but it's warmed up and some of it melted. We're down to about 6" around our house with giant heaps of the stuff where the plow rammed it. Our walkway is muddy and I hate that. I wish Mother Nature would make up her mind too!

BusynMember

On the way to the curb of our house, we have shoveled. There is at leasta five year on both sides...lol. The roads are clear though so I can get out and maybe do some shopping and lunch with the kids...lol.

Star*

call 911........call 911
MWM -

I love snow - unfortunately we get very little if ever here in SC.

As far as the whatchamacallit? I have a small story from when I was younger.

When I was 6 years old I was burned severely. I survived 1st, 2nd and 3rd degree burns over 65% of my body. In some places you could just see muscle, no skin.

I was rushed to the hospital after my Mother had quickly thrown me in a tub of cold water - Father had left for work and Mother had called the neighbor to drive us to the hospital.

When we got there, they cut off my polyester shirt and tried to pull my wool pants off but the skin had melted to parts of my clothes. I was in so much pain, I fell asleep. I awoke in the children's ward naked by lying in a hammock fashioned from gauze and tied to the headboard and makeshift foot board. I hurt, I cried, I had blisters wider than my body.

I spent a year in the children's ward - the blisters had subsided, and I was left with horribly scarred skin. I wasn't to be in direct sunlight for 10 years after leaving or I would have marks for life on my the right side of my body.

I had tried to be a big girl - and help myself to a bowl of cereal while Mother was vacuuming. My socks slid on the porcelain top of the stove and I brought a restaurant style coffee pot and it's boiling hot contents on top of me and we all fell to a heap on the floor.

When I was allowed to leave the hospital - it was raining. Overcast blue grey skies, so lovely and as Mother rushed to cover my head with an umbrella I asked "Please, just let the rain hit my face, I've missed it so much." and she did. Ever since that day - I've rarely used umbrellas, and love overcast, rainy days.

So the next time it rains - look at it. Look up at it and let it hit your face because you never know when your face will feel rain again.

Who would have ever thought in my lifetime we would have to wonder how long it will be between rains? So when it rains - I enjoy it.

Star?

That was a beautiful story.

When I was a little girl, my grandmother would always tell me to appreciate my legs and fingers and eyes and sense of joy ~ because we never know when we will lose any of the things we so take for granted.

I will think of you Star, next time it rains.

And lift my face to the rain.

Barbara