ok song lyric question

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
easy child just asked me what a certain song lyric meant. Of course it was to a song I hadn't heard. So the lovely child played it for me. And though I can usually decypher meanings this one illudes me. So I am calling on your wisdom and possibly your childrens wisdom.

What does the song Sex, drugs and House mean? Can't quite figure what house stands for. So if you could let me know if any of you know I would be grateful. So that it will seem that my knowledge is still supreme in our house. Or at least that I paid attention and am willing to seek out the answer.

Beth

meowbunny

It may mean nothing. The group singing is from Belgium, so who knows if they even have the slightest clue of what the words mean -- it could be one of those things where the words just fit the beat. It's more of a dance song than anything.

trinityroyal

I've never heard the song in question, so this is just a guess.

House is a type of dance music with lots of repetitive beats and not very many words.

Back in my misspent youth as a punk rock hair-monster, there was a song called Sex and Drugs and Rock 'n' Roll. So...Sex and Drugs and House might be the modern update?

Trinity

Abbey

Spork Queen
I asked husband, who is the ultimate music guru. He said it was much the same as Rock and Roll, except it's House music.

Quite honestly, House music is quite harmless. Little or no lyrics, just lots of repetitive beats. It's actually my favorite genre. I just appreciate the technology that goes into it. No rap for me.

Abbey