OK- sophisticated Ladies

DammitJanet

K, if you want to see great bedding but dont want to spend Ritz Carlton money, go spend one night at a Hampton Inn in one of their King sized Jacuzzi rooms. You wont regret your decision to treat yourself to that night of luxury and you will get an idea of what you want. Then you can come home and order the bedding online! My biggest regret with my actual bed is that I didnt just order my bed...forget the sheets and comforters...but the actual bed from the Hampton series. It was the most comfortable thing I have ever slept on in my life. They have to be extremely durable too in order to stand up to hotel use. I wish we had a Hampton Inn here because I would be stalking that place to get one when they change one out. They do that every so often. I am not above getting a mattress out of the trash...lol.

Lothlorien

The Hilton in Chicago had a down duvet that was covered with their really soft sheets....I think. I love nice hotel bedding. I only go for the high thread count sateen sheets now.

klmno

I like a lot of these ideas for a "true" guest bedroom. E and I both hated to deal with bed-skirts though- we had tried them on both our beds and found them to be a PITA. LOL! I have several ideas about how I want to decorate his room, keeping what he picked out and the auro of a teen boy's bedroom- just making it a tad nicer and more comfortable since a guest or me would need to use it for at least a few months if I have an overnight guest. The colors he picked out for bedding (although bedding was minimal) arre white, black, gray, and an accent of dark red. I know that sounds bland and dull but he thought that was masculine. I can do something with that- his school color was dark red with a little blue and white. His favorite color was royal blue. I'm going to get a couple of things that are these shades of red and blue and they'll be in his room. I think it can stay masculine and still be "perked up" in color. I don't think I can make scalloped edged bedding work in there- although it definitely would look nice once I have another bedroom ready to be a true guest room.

InsaneCdn

You could get a nice full-length bedspread in that dark red... the kind that go down to the floor, or close to it. That hides the boxspring, too.

klmno

I might just do that- I'm sure there must be bedsreads out there these days that are a little nice than the last time I looked- years ago. And I now have a beautiful afghan that would go lovely with that!

BusynMember

I am the least sophisticated person on the board and don't know a thing about this stuff, but I wanted to give you a gentle hug and tell you that I still think about you every single day and hope you are doing as well as could be expected. OK, I'll send the thread back to the topic again.

Tiapet

Old Hand
This is the newest thing they are doing instead of bedskirts. Just another idea for you. It's very masculine instead of "girly" too.

klmno

Wow- I like that a lot! It works better in a room used for guests too because if E was still here, that would have to be removed and washed at least every couple of months. But that definitely has an appropriate look for the room I'm hoping to maintain and embellish.

thank you, MWM!