Ok this is just getting annoying

flutterby

Fly away!
My left eye has been twitching for over a week now. It's my upper eyelid and eyebrow area. It doesn't hurt, it's just annoying as hell. It started with my right eye, but very quickly switched to my left.

It goes about every 10 seconds, give or take.

And now, my left cheekbone area is twitching. That one hasn't happened for a while.

Ok. Whine over.

flutterby

Fly away!
No, it started before. I started the lamictal increase Tuesday and the twitching started the previous Thursday or Friday or Saturday - somewhere in there.

That was one thing I did think about and my memory is not reliable, so I asked the kids when I started complaining about it.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Maybe it's time for fam doctor to check your vitamin, mineral levels. Make sure you're not running low in that dept.

My right eyelid has been swollen for days.......not pink eye either. No drainage, no itching......just swollen and red. For a while I looked like someone punched me. lol Only today has it started to go down. Thank goodness as it was driving me nuts. A twitch would really grate on my nerves.

flutterby

Fly away!
I wonder if you could have gotten something in your eye that really irritated it, Lisa.

easy child had what I thought was pink eye, but turned out to be an ulcer on his eye. I'm not sure what an ulcer on the eye is, but it doesn't sound pleasant and was blamed on his contacts. It didn't hurt or itch - his eye was just red and puffy. He's still using antibiotic eye drops - every hour the first day, every 2 hours the next couple of days and now 4 times a day.

Keep an eye on it in any case.

smallworld

You probably already know this, but tics or twitches can be brought on by anxiety.

You should probably have it checked by a doctor, just in case.

jbrain

Okay, Flutterby, I just responded to your other post about being depressed and now I want to tell you my left eyelid is twitching too--not as much as yours but it is doing it each day for awhile!
Jane

flutterby

Fly away!
Yeah, SW, I'm pretty sure it's stress/depression/anxiety related. It seems to have calmed down some, only happening here and there.

Jane - you and I are twins! hehehe

Star*

call 911........call 911
:hellosoldier:Best advice? Stay away from the Fort with your winky eye.
Unless you're looking for a date.
I know - corner.

I've had that happen and the doctor told me it's an involuntary spasm. They just go away on their own. VERY annoying.

Maybe try a warm compress. If it continues much longer you could seek medical attention, but more than likely they'll tell you it will go away on it's own. Sorry.

M

ML

gentle hugs. I wonder if some chamomile tea might help? Or would that be like putting a bandaid on a gushing wound? :)

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I get twitchy from my medications, but I've found over the years that the sort of twitchiness you are dealing with is my body trying to tell me it isn't getting enough magnesium.

Check with you doctor and pharmacy for medication conflicts, but if that's OK, try taking an OTC magnesium supplement. I found it to be really helpful