ok this is weird......

KTMom91

I'll chime in with my protective angels stories.

Here in Central CA, we get tule fog every winter. If you haven't had the pleasure, it's fog that is so freakin' thick that you literally can't see the nose of your car, the dividing lines on the road, and sometimes, not even the brake lights/headlights of the other vehicles on the road. It's very easy to get completely disoriented and run stop signs and stoplights on roads you drive every day, just because you don't think you've reached that street yet.

About 16 years ago, I was managing a store in a small town about an hour south, and I usually took side roads because the freeway was on the other side of town, unless it was foggy. Then I would take the freeway, because I was afraid of hitting a cow. As I started to go onto the freeway onramp, millions of tiny flashing white lights blocked my way, so I changed my mind, and went my usual way past the dairies and fields. When I got to the store, other managers were rushing over to see if I was OK, because there had been three separate accidents in a five mile stretch of road, involving something like thirty cars and killing several people. I would have been right in the middle of that had I ignored the tiny flashing lights and entered the freeway.

About 12 years ago, I was heading to a sub job about an hour west, country roads all the way. I HATED HATED HATED the drive, but the district paid very well, so...I was going maybe 25 mph, when the tiny white lights jumped in front of me again. I slowed down, and a man leaped out of the fog, waving his bandana and yelling. I pulled off to the right, just missing an accident where a woman had hit the man's farm truck, and had broken both legs and was trapped in the car. No sooner had I pulled over, a Vons grocery truck came barreling down the road, swerved to the left, going into the wrong lane, barely missing the car in the middle of the road.

When the sparkly lights appear, I pay attention.

DammitJanet

It hasnt happened to me that I remember but Jamie had to have an endoscopy when he was around 9 or 10 years old. He was of course sedated for this procedure. After he came out he told us that his grandfather was with him in the procedure room while he was asleep. Not my father but Tony's dead father and Jamie described him to a T including his wheelchair and the blanket that he always kept over his lap.

Now Jamie is named for both Tony (Anthony) and his grandfather ( James) but he only met his grandfather twice when he was less than 2 years old because the man was paralyzed before Jamie was born and didnt live close to us. Jamie couldnt have remembered seeing him and we had no pictures. When Jamie was about 16 Tony's sister gave Jamie the quilt that his grandfather kept over his lap. It was homemade and had his initials in it...JLM. James Laylon M. Now Mikey has the middle name Laylon for the grandfather.

Mattsmom277

I don't think these stories are strange at all.

About 5 years ago, I posted here about my aunt passing away (my mothers sister). She and I had grown very close over the years and since my mother is .... well not really a mother .... my aunt and I had a bond that to me felt more nurturing than anything I'd known from family. She was a fantastic woman. I was called to the hospital by my cousin (her only child) when she coded, by the time I arrived I was greeted by a priest who informed me that I hadn't arrived in time. He brought me to my aunts bedside and we all said prayers etc. It was so weird because I felt my aunt was NOT there. I just sensed this saying goodbye to her body was fruitless as she wasn't in that body and she wasn't even lurking around the room or us (weird also in that I"m not one to think about spirits or souls etc).

Anyhow, we left the hospital, it was middle of the night. Went to a family friends house, she lived across street from my cousin and my aunts building (they lived in the same building). Anyhow, at one point I was in the living room with my cousin, brother and brothers g/f. One lamp was on, directly beside me. Not a lot of talking happening, and then my cousin told us something about her mom that made us laugh. The light went off and then on three times. Nothing else in the house flickered, just that lamp. We turned on another lamp. Twice more when we said something about my aunt that made us smile and chuckle, the lamp did the same thing, but not the second lamp that was turned on, so odds of it being a power surge felt slim. Additionally, it FELT to me emotionally like my aunt was laughing with us and was saying to keep it up, not be sad, remember the good stuff. This really hit home as a feeling/impression I had due to the lamp, because my aunt and I had talked not long before her passing about how she was ready to go and was only hanging on until after her daughters birthday. Sadly, she passed right on her daughters birthday.

An hour or so later I headed home. Everyone was asleep. I made tea, sat in my recliner and bawled like a baby. I had nobody to talk to, I called my good friend who had said call anytime if I needed to, let her know my aunt had passed etc. I talked for ages to my friend, and we laughed as I told her good memories. Suddenly I just broke down weeping and kid you not, call me crazy (its okay, sounds crazy!! But i know what I felt, crazy or not) but I FELT my aunts hands on my shoulders. As if she was standing behind my recliner and rubbing my shoulders to console me. I literally stopped speaking, frozen and felt this incredible soothing warmth and love pour through me. It was terrifying at the same time as wonderful. I finally told my friend, and the feeling left immediately. I don't know how I knew it was my aunt, but honestly, something in me just knew.

Many family members have dreams of my aunt, but strangely I never have. I'm the one in the family who always joked that if you all go before I do, do not visit me in my dreams or otherwise as it would freak me out! And to this day, I don't dream of those who have passed away. Never.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I would've joined in way earlier but I was asleep!

I have a few... my maternal Grandpa was a Marine in the Pacific in WWII. He passed on his 81st birthday in 2003. December 2004 - on my Grandma's 81st birthday - I was at the Marine Reserve place to give a briefing. I had the Powerpoint show up and going, and was about halfway through when I turned to point something out and Grandpa was standing there - in full camo - saluting me. I stuttered and went on. I didn't realize till later that one, the camo was the stuff the guys in front of me were wearing - not his uniform from the 40's - and two, he was young, had a crew cut. But I knew him anyway.

On the way home, I was singing to Trans-Siberian Orchestra - planning to sing one of their songs for Grandma. And I knew something was up. When I got home, I called her to wish her a happy birthday. Mom was with her, as she'd been pretty sick.

10 days later, on my birthday, I called her again from Mom's. We were planning to go see her for Christmas... We live in the Midwest, she lived in the Southwest. So she asked if I would still be there... I told her... "With bells on!" She told me she hoped they would be quiet bells, she really didn't like the jingly kind.

I'm glad I spoke with her that night, because she passed away on December 21. Mom was with her. husband (then just almost-fiance) drove me and Dad to the airport on the evening of the 22nd, since our flight left on the 23rd, and we got a really really heavy snowstorm on the 22nd. Sure enough, flight was cancelled, as was the next one. We finally got to the airport in El Paso at 11:58 PM on Christmas Eve. When I spoke at Grandma's memorial, I was wearing two huge jingle bells on a safety pin - with the clappers removed. I still have them.

July of the next year, when husband and I got married, just as the minister pronounced us man and wife, husband got a funny look on his face and looked up. At the exact same time I did - we both heard the jingling of Christmas bells.

I don't dream about them... And no one can tell me I'm seeing or hearing things!!!

Jena

wow we could make a book up of these. some crazy stories. shari as far as your dad goes, maybe just maybe there was no unfinished business in his mind, knows your tough and well and travels silently beside you?? just a thought.

well at least i know this is not a symptom of well loosing it! by the way nothing last night but peaceful sleep for me once i argued difficult child down to bed which took 4 hours. time to raise the seroquel again i guess.

my other one was my grandmother. prior to her death we had a bad argument and we never argued. she had taken a fall in her house, wound up in e.r. and well let's just say she went from there. she suddenly slipped into a coma, was put on life support for several mos. and than they removed it as i sat with-her holding her hand as she took her last breaths. her and i def. had some unfinished business. that's why i think all the odd things after she left. it was her way of saying it's ok, we're ok i know you loved me. i had terrible guilt after she passed.

she helped guide me i'm telling you from the grave. my exh and i were in our kitchen, where i had a huge potted plant hanging from the ceiling for years. ex h was acting like a jerk as usual, i was so fed up with him the marriage etc. a pot that was connected to a ceiling for literally years all of a sudden as he was giving me a hard time came crashing to the floor, i was in shock than it was followed by her recipe box that i had taken from her house that played music (i bought her) began to play.

i kicked him out a week later. my dad though it's bugging me a bit. it's probably him feeilng guilty for all he had done to me thru my childhood and teen years he never made a mense with-me, his wife didnt' call to tell me he suddenly died of an anuresym i can't spell. weird thing is when i found out his actual date of death from the social security index which is how i found out he passed, i remember that exact day feeling uneasy like something wasnt' right, something was wrong, a amiss. husband remembered it too. he'l probably haunt me now till he clears his conscious. selfish in the spirtual world too, yup that's my dad. :)

M

Mamaof5

Lords and ladies the stories I can tell you....

Many a dream where I've had relatives visit, "demon" like visits in dreams and dreams of how people I don't even know their names have died (haunted house I lived in for all of 7 months).

I've had my mother in law visit in a dream, sit next to me on the bed and tell me to quit smoking and not to go the way she did and ignore my health (re the smoking). She died of lung cancer\heart attack related Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD). We were there when they took her off life support.

I've been haunted by a little girl who would run my bathroom sink water at 3 am every morning for 4 years in the same apartment. Same time every morning, little girl couldn't have been more than 7 years old at most. Blond haired, blue eyed and the water wouldn't actually run but you could here the tap turn and the sound of running water. I've had pennies and dimes lined up on my floor in the corner of a room, on my dressers, counters, in cupboards. Always lined up in threes. I've heard the tell tale sign of metal falling on metal during paranormal activity of a haunting, the sound of a raging fire in a building that was destroyed by fire and then rebuilt.

I've had my hair pulled, been punched, bitten, pinched all while being completely alone. I've chased up stairs by unseen pounding fists on the walls around me. I've had a dream where I was in a cave where all the rocks were blood red, I could here (at the time) my baby crying in my dream, he was all of 5 months old (middle child) and this statue in front of me, all blood red spoke saying it would eat my baby and I said just try it bleeper (replace with appropo curse word of choice) and then being attacked from behind by this thing and bitten on the neck. Next morning, and you can verify with my husband, hubby asks me what happened to my neck, that I had a red mark where I'd been bitten in my dream.

I've seen apparitions, they've pointed at me. I've heard them whispering in my ear, seen dark streaks float by out of the corner of my eye. Even dreamed about the lady who used to own the haunted house I lived in for 7 months and how she died there (was murdered, verified by town hall documents I looked up) by murder-suicide committed by her husband. She was the same entity that pointed at me, he was the one who was the chaser up the stairs with pounding fists. He killed her in the cold cellar of the house apparently and then committed suicide in the basement.

Yup, my life is in paranormal. I am one of the haunted ones.

H

HaoZi

I've seen a number of ghosts or whatever while driving. Old wrecks, roadkill, you name it. There was a dirt road back near where I grew up that on several occasions I saw a cranky old man. Plaid shirt half-tucked, scuffed work boots and jeans, bottle in a paper bag in one hand, crowbar in the other, just off side the road by his truck. Being new to that part of the area (a different town than I grew up but close by) I asked a few locals who he was. Yep, you guessed it, the mean old guy had been dead for years.

Another rural highway out that way has RR tracks running parallel to it for quite a stretch, and I've seen a lot of things on that road (clear nights, not foggy ones). Wreck of an over-turned semi was one. Another was over near the RR tracks (where I found out later the old dirt road used to be), a horse and carriage unit like a traveling salesman, with pots or something hanging from the roof of the carriage. The woods out that way seem quite haunted, too. Even accounting for the heebie jeebies they can give you as it is, I was driving through there one night with two friends and saw a tree that looked a bit "different". Looked up and up... there was a head at the top, and it looked like a dinosaur to me. And yes, I was perfectly sober and not over tired any of these times.

When I first found my bio-dad, I went to visit him and my half-sister. My then boyfriend (now 2nd XH) and I stayed in a travel trailer parked in front of his place. During the night I was woken up by someone's presence. It wasn't menacing or anything, but knowing this place was on land the family had lived on since their escape from the Trail of Tears (yes, verified) I rather suspected I had a "visitor" rather than a visitor. I rechecked both doors in the morning, everything was still locked up tight. Described this guy to bio-dad in the morning down to his aftershave, and bio-dad said it was his father, who had died long ago and due to a housefire years before I met him there were no photos of him. One of the few encounters I've had since I visited Westminster Abbey, which seemed to "blow my circuits" on those things, so to speak.

shellyd67

OMG JENA ... I have to tell you about my dream. It is so coincidental that you posted.... A few weeks ago I had a dream about my BFF's neighbor dying in a horrible car accident. It freaked me out and I told BFF about it and we shivered and shrugged it off.

I found out today that neighbors daughter was diagnosed with cancer. She is only 13 years old ....

It just freaked me out because I barely know these people and my dream was so vivid ....

As far as yours go I may be the stress you have been under. Dreams are so hard to figure out.