OK, this REALLY should be against the law.

I'm making alfredo sauce again, based on allstressedout's recipe from a couple months ago. I added cream cheese (just a few Tbsp) and put shrimp in it. Lots of garlic. Tink is swimming at Grandpas, so she is not here to complain about the smell, which is heavenly, by the way.

OH. MY. GOD. Over some al dente linguine? To die for. I'm torn. Part of me wishes that there was someone here to share this with me. And then part of me is glad to have it ALLLLLLLL to myself.

DDD

husband and I went out to dinner tonight. We only go out a few times
a year nowadays compared to weekly when our kids were teens, lol.
I had shrimp alfredo. It was love at first sight. Enjoy! DDD

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
BBK,

Anything with garlic, prawns (pretty much your entire recipe) should be outlawed. I love this stuff.

Hope you enjoyed your dinner.

scent of cedar

With wine, I hope?

:smile:

Sounds delicious! Especially when you realize that I am reading this in the morning, before breakfast....

Barbara

:rofl:

AllStressedOut

I'm making that too this week! I just love that recipe. It originally had cream cheese in it, but husband didn't like it so I took it out. My oldest easy child recently told me its his favorite and the other boys agreed. I use to think all my kids hated it, so now I can make it for dinner sometimes. Before easy child said he liked it, I use to only eat it once a month or longer. Now I get to eat it once every 2 weeks. Now wonder my but is so big! Yummy!

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Okay, send me your address and I'm getting in the car right now...should I use GPS or just my sense of smell!!!!!!

WAIT FOR ME.......oooops, too late it's all gone????

Ahhhhhhh

Why-me-mom, there are leftovers. If you can get here before lunch, you may have some. Follow your nose!

Barbara, there is nothing wrong with having this for breakfast either. You have it hot for dinner, and the leftovers are cold the next morning for breakfast.

That's how we dagos roll.

I wish I had enough to share with everyone.

AllStressedOut

Cold for breakfast? lol ewwww....it is definately better hot, but I'd say at breakfast you could use an English Muffin to sop up all the sauce...yummy. Or pour the sauce into a coffee cup and drink it...hehe. I still prefer it with chicken or shrimp and a nice glass of wine. :smile:

BBK,
This sounds good. Awhile back you mentioned another recipe with pasta, tomatoes, garlic I think, olives, ... I'm the worst cook, but love Italian food. Do you have any easy ideas? Maybe that other recipe again....Coming up with dinner ideas is my worst chore, thank you for any ideas you may have. All are welcome.-Alyssa

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
BBK, when I make alfredo sauce from a package it's not unusual for me to add cream cheese and sour cream (I add them to mac and cheese recipes, too) so I know how sinfully delicious what you had is. YUMMY!

I'm allergic to shellfish so please leave some sauce and linguini plain for me. What time is dinner?

Suz

nvts

AAAAGGGGGGHHHHH! Someone tell me where this recipe is! I've been trying to find something different to do for dinner in this joint and this sounds great!!! Short of inventing a new animal, we're pretty much sick of the same old stuff around here! If I hear "what, chicken again?" one more time I'll...I'll...I'll...
:grrr:

Beth

Beth,

I used:

1 pt half and half
1 stick butter
a couple Tbsp cream cheese

put in saucepan, medication heat (WATCH! if it boils over, prepare to redo your kitchen). When it just starts to boil, lower to a simmer. Add

3/4 C grated parmesan
2 tsp pepper
2 tsp cayenne
2 Tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp fresh grated nutmeg

Simmer at least 20 minutes. Don't rush it, it will be worth it.
I added cooked shrimp at the end, and served it over linguine instead of fettuccini (just my preference).

Upallnight, the one that I made the last time was kinda off the top of my head. I sauteed chopped garlic in butter and olive oil, then added chopped portobellos (about 2). After they sauteed, I added 1/2 can of sliced black olives and 1/2 can of chopped artichokes, and got a nice sautee on them. next I added a can of chopped tomatoes, a small can of tomato sauce, and the spices: salt, pepper, onion powder, a little cayenne. Simmer till it got a little thick, and just as the pasta was ready (I used mostaccioli with lines or rigatoni, something big to hold up to it) I added a ladleful of the pasta water to the sauce, and drained the pasta. As the pasta drained, I put in a pint of heavy cream and 1/2 c of parmesan cheese to the sauce. Just eat through, don't boil, and then add the pasta to the sauce.

Better if you make the sauce in a real large fry pan if you have one, or a dutch oven. Here is the ingredient breakdown:

2 cloves garlic
2 portabello caps
1/2 cab black olices, sliced
1/2 can artichoke hearts, chopped
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 small can tomato sauce
salt, pepper, onion powder, and cayenne pepper to taste
1 pt heavy cream
1/2 c parmesan cheese

1 lb pasta

Suz, I had my leftovers for lunch. Next time I make it, I will use chicken, and send you the invite with time to spare.

AllStressedOut

BBK, your recipe for sauce with portabellas, tomatoes and artichokes sounds yummy. I can't find artichoke hearts that aren't marinated though and I don't like the marinade. Too salty. Can you soak them in water and pull out some of that salt taste? Does anyone know?

I did it once with the marinated ones, I just rinsed them off. I actually prefer them this way, they seem to be better tasting artichokes. Anyways, it worked just fine.

scent of cedar

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Big Bad Kitty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ahhhhhhh

That's how we dagos roll.

</div></div>

Too cool, BBK!

husband is Italian, too. :smile:

Barbara

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> send you the invite with time to spare</div></div>

Thanks, BBK. Your recipes sound like heaven on earth. I've saved them. I will make an appointment with my cardiologist and vascular surgeon for after lunch. :rofl: :thumb: :smile:

Suz

Suz,

Garlic is good for the heart. Put garlic in the recipe, and it does not matter if you add olive oil, butter, or 10W40, the garlic outweighs the bad from the fat.

If you are worried that you don't have enough garlic, serve each person two or three cloves on the side. They can munch on it between courses.

Like a palate cleanser.