OK--Time for a Group Vent. Add Yours....and feel better!

My turn!
Tomorrow the stuff is gonna hit the fan for sure. I thought I had been doing well with my eating situatiion, but still felt the need to put tools in my bra, a tile in my pocket, and every heavy bling bracelet I own, on at the same time. Well, I still lost weight, and they are telling husband tomorrow I'm not safe around the kids. One is 16, the other is 18- these kids need me, husband is totally useless when it comes to them-they don't eat dinner unless they get it themselves, nobody will make sure their work is done, today I took 16 yr old to get his glases fixed- husband would never, ever. BUT tomorrow husband is going to be told I need residential treatment. BS!!!!!! I am not commitable at this weight first of all, second of all I DON'T EVEN WANT TO GO BACK THERE. I am scared they can commit me. Or they can tell husband what he needs to do to commit me somewhere. I am totally freaking out. They know I manipulate my weight, they think I just drink a ton before I get there, and after I use the bathroom I lose 2 pounds- if they only knew the truth!!!!!! Why won't I just eat? They want me to eat wayyyyyyy too much. I know I'm missing some nuggets out of my Happy Meal, I know it. Still..................there, I feel better.

everywoman

Okay===the pity party is ongoing. difficult child just called, and apparently husband went to the dr. today---and has to have brain scan because he may have blood clots in his brain. And I am on the front porch listening to music.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Hearts and Roses, you're going to a vacation with the girls in Maine and you didn't tell me??? Where will you be?

I haven't had sex in five years and am about to "celebrate" our 38th wedding anniversary. Does that count as a vent?

witzend

Okay===the pity party is ongoing. difficult child just called, and apparently husband went to the dr. today---and has to have brain scan because he may have blood clots in his brain. And I am on the front porch listening to music.

I know, it's only rock and roll, but I like it...

Marguerite

I've had a gutfull of passive-aggressive behaviour. I was venting to my best friend this afternoon about mother in law's recent behaviour (posted separately in General about how grateful I am for the positive qualities in autism) and she reminded me that husband is also passive-aggressive. As we both said - I don't accept it form him, and we both know how he learned it. husband is constantly trying to improve how he communicates with difficult child 3. But he's had a rough start and it takes a very long time to unlearn bad habits.

And his sister is about to visit. Love her to pieces, but she's raised passive-aggressive to an art form. I need to find a way to stand my ground more firmly this time, but without offending people. Because I don't undermine other people's parenting; so people shouldn't interfere with mine!

Grrr... [that's a mama bear growling]

Marg

nvts

I've had it with:

1. a difficult child constantly escalating and trying to terrorize everyone in his path
2. a bonehead of an AH with a martyr complex who hasn't contacted us since Saturday (he only talked to his mother and Evie)
3. promises of services and nothing coming of it
4. meltdowns that result in me "re-cleaning" the same places and never getting to the other things in the house
5. high blood sugar
6. low self-esteem
7. my friend's friend hitting on me to no end (helloooo - still married, wedding ring, chastity belt - LEAVE ME ALONE!)
8. insurance co-pays
9. everyone knowing what's "best for me"
10. everyone knowing how I should be "handling my kids" (I sound like a big-game trainer!)
11. constant bickering and arguing
12. people telling me how to decorate my house
13. people "buying stuff" for the kids and then making me feel obligated to do what they want (I know that sounds ungrateful - it's just telling them not to buy something, they go ahead and do it and then start bossing me around)
14. cursing and the words "shut up"
15. wanting to go on a white water trip and I can't because of difficult child 1's mental state
16. difficult child 1's mental state
17. hormonal 8 year olds (can you whine a LITTLE more?)
18. DiGrassi commercials
19. the kids wanting me to marry Mr. S because he's a nice guy and Dad's a jerk
20. Not winning the lottery even though "'m not in it to win it"
21. and last but not least: Having medical doctor's and psychiatrists asking me "what do you want me to prescribe?"

And this is only the 1st week of summer...

Beth

Mom2oddson

I'm somewhere between needing to vent and needing a good cry.

husband made a comment last night that I am the LAST person he would talk to about his Mom or his kids (the difficult children) because I have to have an opinion about everything.

In the last 12 months every single bill I have has gone up, some way, way up~! We used to have enough for food and gas after we paid the bills. Now we have about $2 left before food and gas. And of course, there is no O/T during the summer.

So, it's July, it's easy child's 20th b-day, and once again, he will get nothing from us for his B-day. He's totally cool about it. His words, "What can you get someone, who doesn't want anything. Just give me a hug and I'm happy"... and this is the kid that mother in law say "Gets everything he wants, while She (me) refuses to get or do anything for the difficult children".... And husband's world would end if we didn't get the difficult child's something for their B-days! His excuse, easy child understands where the difficult child's won't understand. That is such BS!

Because of the tight budget, I work a second job on Sat nights/ Sun Mornings. So, I work 7 days a week. My house is gross. husband thinks it's fine because the dishes are done and it's picked up (I do those as soon as I get home everyday).... husband doesn't see the carpet that needs to be vacuumed. With 3 big hairy dogs....it's bad. It's a light off-white carpet, 2 of the 3 dogs are black-haired dogs. You can run your hand across the carpet and pick up a hand full of dog hair. There are dog-hair dust bunnies running through the kitchen, bathrooms and entry way.

I do get to take a couple of days off, so that we can take a 10 hour drive to see an Uncle of husband's that he hasn't seen in 20 years, we stay one day, then drive the 10 hours back, and then off to work I go.

And add to that, 3 1/2 weeks of bronchitis that just will not let up even a little.

Bean

I'm tired of making up rules as a team, but ending up being the enforcer of them. I'm just so worn out from that.

I'm tired of feeling resentful. I can't seem to wipe it away lately.

I'm tired of having to put so much thinking into EVERYTHING. I love my husband dearly, but he could happily float through each day if it weren't for me, Mrs. Reality Check.

I have so many gripes, but you all covered them so nicely. :)