OK, Update- I got the job and now I need opinions

klmno

He seems on board with it today. I told him I'd leave it up to him whether to live in a more rural environment so he could be in a sd where he could still get the advanced diploma but wouldn't be close enough to any place to walk to; or to live in a more typical area where he'd be able to walk somewhere but wouldn't be able to get the advanced diploma. It will take me a longer drive to/from work in the rural area but I'd be willing to make that sacrafice if he is in order to get the advanced diploma. And, I'd be able to give him this old car next winter (Feb.) when he gets his driver's license, assuming he's still showing the same level of responsibility he is now, so he wouldn't have to worry about walking to get somewhere. By the time we get moved this summer, there will only be 6 mos left until that happens. He has chosen the rural area so he can get the advanced diploma.

Also, apparently when he saw me looking at houses on the computer he assumed it was to buy a place and that made a difference to him- it was to rent a place and I could only find single family homes for rent in that county- no townhomes.

It's only for 1 year then I don't have to worry about the sd and can move to a place more convenient to work and will be better familiar with good places to look for a long term place by then. Once he's out of high school and has his license and a car, he won't care if I move 20 miles away from where we used to because he'll still be able to see any friends or girlfriend.

DammitJanet

You are going to be moving way up from where you used to K. Even F or S county is further north. And that traffic on I north is a female dog. Probably take number one. I have spent over half an hour moving 5 miles during rush hours. I say hours for a reason.

klmno

I know, DJ so I'm hoping this job is a high enough level that they'll let me be flexible on the time I come in and leave for work- earlier or later or whatever- to avoid the worst of it. Although I'm sure in that area, the worst of it probably covers a 2-3 hour span each morning and afternoon/evening.

We have to stay in F county or KG county to get the schedule that would give him the opportunity of the advanced diploma- unless I find out otherwise when I call about specialty schools and F (city) schools next week. There is a cute small house for rent on the river in KG county that we found on cra***st. I think I can get to work without getting on the interstate from there- ??? It's 3 BR, 1 1/2 bath, DJ so you'd have a place to stay if you come to the area!

If they'll let me have a work space on the west side of the gov property, I could live in F county and be happier than 'you know what'!!! The main office that hired me is on the east side. E loves horses and wouldn't mind learning how to help out with them for a job. F county is horse country. We have talked about E listing the college in F (city) as one SAT scores are to be sent to- as a back up plan in case he doesn't get into the college he wants to and he could live at home and commute.