OK VENT TIME!!!!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Yes that was me with my fingers in the raspberry pie... eating right outta the container... that is where I am at. And I just poured myself a glass of wine! SO there... hmpf... It is the only way I will be able to wrap K's presents right now, N is lucky I wrapped hers last night!!!

OK, a few days ago I was walking the little man, who I now affectionately call "Moose" 12 weeks old and 23lbs! Well we were walking it was 6 am, the snow was deep, I stepped on some hard sharp ice rocks... I felt something pop... intense pain. Hobbles the rest of the way home. The pain was incredible, between my 3rd and 4th toe joints... I blew it off... didn't even look... with all of my PT classes and A&P stuff I prett much know the outcome of this stuff... they can't do much. But I thought I maybe just strained it at first. Couple hours later I looked at it!!! From forefoot down to my first toe joint it is purple!!! It just keeps getting worse... I either broke them or did some major damage... husband is grossed out everytime he looks at my foot!!! The funny thing is it happened from the bottom upward ... and it hurts!!! So of course, have I been able to be off of my foot??? Of course not... This is the first time I have sat down today...

So then, of course poor K is a wreck also... with the Holidays... we did start the Topamax. We didn't know what else to do while waiting to get into Arizona.
I don't really think it is the Topamax. I think it is everything.
Her anxiety is over the top. She is a bit more tired, but can't stop. She is afraid of everything. She will not watch anything new, we could not get her to watch, Frosty, (Too scary, Old RUdolph, Shreck the Halls, any of the Holiday Shows) The Wizard Of Oz started while I was in the Kitchen and she started screaming... The witch is gonna kill her... she was crying by the time I got in the other room!!!
She is irrational, wont keep her hands to herself, is lying to us... will not listen. Says one thing and the next minute acts like we are crazy and wants something different. We are all so tired of it.
I told husband that if I was a single Mom I would not be able to do this right now. I would have to place her somewhere... It makes me so sad. husband is barely working, we are both trying to help her full time and it is doing nothing... She starts moving forward... and then this. Did I mention sometimes I dislike Mental Illness a lot!?!?!!?

Then we have N... She can't stay off of husband or me. She climbs us like monkey bars... Constantly. Is always self stimming. Tonight she stepped on a tiny piece of glass and we had to hold her down. This was after trying to reassure her for awhile that it would be OK. We ended up forcing her to be held, grabbed her foot, she screamed like we were killing her, which caused K to get anxious and start throwing things... N had snot flowing all over... sobbing... shaking. Took SO long to calm her down after we got it out. When we did get it out she sat there and said it hurt SO bad Mommy.
I kept telling her I know honey, you were such a big girl.

Oh and then the Vet tells us Indy needs Obedience classes ASAP, because he is aggressive... he is a freaking difficult child!!! We listed everything we are doing and she said you are doing more than most owners... you need to get him in a class or private now!!! EEGADS!!! He bit K in the bottom and she has a huge bruise!!!

We would never give up on him I have had Rotties and Mastiffs and realize how hard they are. But this little bugger ... he may need more.

I don't know. It just seems like it is always something, you know?

Early I was whining to husband about how my foot hurt, my face has broken out... he said you know i don't envy you women... I said Oh thanks!!! Are you trying to make me feel better? He said No, I am just agreeing with you that women have it hard, you have jerks always bugging you, you get your periods, breakouts, give birth... I wouldn't want it!!! I said Thanks I feel better!!!
I then said Oh and I get the BiPolar (BP) thing also!!!
He said yeah... I don't envy you... I hit him then. But I felt better and he made me laugh!!!
Any way. I just had a rough couple of days.
I was thinking about locking myself in the closet... but the kids keep finding me.
Anyway, enough excuses, I must go and finish wrapping those ungrateful things I call my children and whom I love dearly presents...

I am sure there is more... but I wont bore the few of you who are here.

meowbunny

I hate to say this but husband or no, it sounds like K may need more help than you guys can give her right now. Can you imagine how hellish her life has to be with all that anxiety?

As to your dog, I don't know what to say. I know the first time a dog in my home tried to bite my daughter, that dog would be in a new home with no children. Some things just aren't worth the risk.

Hope your foot is okay. That sounds incredibly painful.

Given what all has been happening lately, I think I'd be doing a lot more than just venting. I'd run away. The closet actually sounds like a good idea all considered.

Hope things get better soon.

HUGS

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Your husband deserved a BIG poke for those cracks!

Hope you put some ice on that foot and maybe wrap it tomorrow... Sounds like you broke something for sure. I did that to my baby toe last year by gracefully slamming into the vacuum cleaner... that'll teach me to <s>go barefoot</s> do housework!

:xgift:I was wrapping stuff ALL day yesterday, and husband had the nerve to ask me what took so long! Oh gee, let's see, I have to shop for <u>17</u> people and honey, you have to shop for (let's count them now) one, TWO PEOPLE!!! And this year, he flaked and bought one of them (his brother in law) a GIFT CARD because 10 minutes into the store and he couldn't THINK of anything to get that person! Oh, and the other person he had to shop for was ME. And he wanted me to tell him exactly what to get me! I REFUSE to play that game. He's known me 20 years and he STILL can't figure out something I might enjoy???!!! Sheesh.

See, I can vent with the best of you! :soapbox:

Pass the whine! :smile:

P.S. REALLY sorry about what your daughter is going through. It was a lot that way for us from about mid-June until August when the Depakote finally started to work for difficult child 2. I couldn't really go anywhere with him -- didn't know what kind of crazy stunt he would pull, and couldn't leave him alone with others for the same reason. It actually felt un-safe.

Hope she gets some relief soon -- and you, too!

F

flutterbee

T -

Get that foot looked at. You could have done some damage to tendons or ligaments or whatever the heck it is that's in there.

I think your husband did very well. He could have made some crack about having to live with a woman who is pms'ing, breaking out, broken-footed.... :wink: You have a good man.

I'm sorry to hear about K and N. Life just needs to give them and you a break.

Here are some (((((((((BIG HUGS))))))))) for you.

I think husband was playing. You have a real good man.

I am SO sorry about those poor babies. Praying it calms down after the holidays. DO get that foot looked at, sweetie!

Oh, and revel in the fact that while Green Bay and Brett Fav-ruh are division champs, they still lost to our Bears. Twice. And one was while Orton was QB.

Ahhh.

Sweetie, merry merry Christmas to you and your family.

SRL

It sounds like one of those days you want to push the fast forward button on. If you find it, I recommend FF past New Year's. :)

I have to wonder if the puppy isn't picking up on the chaos of having two young difficult child's in the house.