Ok, weird.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
We are armed to the hilt. husband thinks he's protecting our lives and our stuff. I think he's flippin' crazy.

Let's be honest, here. He cant even make his own doctors appointment, and when I was lying on the ground with my no-longer-attached foot lying beside me, he asked me if I was ok so he could go check the horses...

And he thinks he's gonna A) get to those guns in time to do anything, and B) actually think fast enough on his feet while possibly looking down the barrel of someone else's gun to actually use it?

I doubt it.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Shari, I dunno. Men can surprise you when you least expect it.

My husband would've probably fainted to see me like that, regardless I know he'd have been helpless and useless. If I wasn't conscious to tell him what to do he'd have run around in circles. lol

BUT the time someone did think they were coming in, and Molly did her intruder alert bark and went after them........and all I did was touch the man's arm (he was literally dead asleep normally a bomb wouldn't wake him) I watched in utter amazement as my overweight totally out of shape husband grabbed his war club from under the bed, fly over the top of the bed (and me!) and zoom to the front door it what seemed like one fluid motion. I swear it didn't take him ten seconds. I never, before or since, saw the man move like that! Fortunately for whomever was on the other side of the door, Molly stopped them by slamming her body into the door feet first. If I hadn't seen it with my very own eyes, I'd never have believed it.

I forgot husband spent 6 yrs in Vietnam.

Because husband is no longer here? I am armed and capable, nor will I hesitate. I have the sort of brain that does what needs to be done in an emergency without any real thought. That part comes later.....when I have time to fall apart. lol

Break ins are rare here for that reason. More people are armed, than aren't. And they know how to use them.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
All the guns are kept locked. Always. I dont think an intruder is going to wait for him to locate the key (that he just found in his piles on top of his dresser after 2 months of it being missing). If we have 5 minutes advanced warning? Sure. An incident like yours? uh...no. lol

And for the record, when he got to me on the ground like that. He called his parents. :groan:lol

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Locked up guns are useless, in my opinion. So I see your point. lol

I'd arm the man with a good solid Louisville slugger then. Make sure it's known this one is NOT to be played with, keep it in the same spot always :)