Ok, what is your very favorite kind of movie?

BusynMember

Thought Id give this a try because its so slow.:)

My actual favorie movies are scary ones, and to me the scariesto ones are psychological thrillers. I am very hard to scare so it has to be a movie that you really cant guess what is happening next.

I like some horror movies like Psycho, but gory movies make me turn off the TV. There has to be a good story.

I like some comedies but not a big chick flick fan.

You?

AppleCori

My favorite things to watch on TV are in descending order:

1) Football
2) History documentaries
3) Science documentaries (earth and space being my favorites)
4) Horror/comedy movies like: Tucker & Dale Fight Evil, Zombeavers, and Attack of the Killer Donuts, to name a few.
5) Horror movies—but I won’t watch them if they have vampires or exorcism, Or if they are so bad that I fall asleep within the first five minutes or so.
6) Zombie movies (most of them)

Dislikes:
1) Old movies
2) anything in a hospital setting or medical-related
3) lawyer or law enforcement dramas
4) chick flicks
5) musicals
6) anything where the end is obvious from the start
7) “based on a true event” movies that change the actual event to suit the writer’s ideas of what he wishes occurred
8) murder mysteries
9) most sit-coms
10) soap operas
11) game shows
12) super hero movies
13) talk shows
14) late-night comedy shows
15) “reality” shows
16) most movies and most things on TV
17) news

Last edited:

AppleCori

Apple. I love Documentaries, too, and Science Shows. Also enjoy HGTV Shows as well (Gardening/Homes). Classics, too, but nothing before the 60's.

I do like HGTV but haven’t watched it in a long time, except at the gym when I am on the treadmill.

I had to go back and add “news” onto my dislike list, because I hate what it has become—propaganda.

Pink Elephant

Apple. The only part of HGTV I don't like related to homes and remodeling, is the waste. Those shows are a reminder as to how wasteful society is.

Lil

Movies:

Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Monsters, Super Heroes (which kind of go with all three of the prior catagories. :) ) :geek: I can't remember the last time I went to a movie that wasn't one of those. Helps that that is what Jabber likes too. I also like most animated things, like Minions and Monster's Inc., and the Lion King, etc.

TV:

We have some we always watch, as in we've seen every single episode: The Walking Dead (the original, not the spin-off), Criminal Minds, Supernatural, Lucifer (which I understand has been cancelled the rat-bastards :mad:) on Netflix we just started watching Once Upon A Time and are working our way thru it. Frontier (a very rough and gory historical drama, but it stars Jason Momoa...:inlove:) I saw all of Upstairs Downstairs and Downton Abbey and the Father Cadfael Mysteries. I have seen every episode of Star Trek, Star Trek TNG, Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis - yep, supergeek. I saw all the Dr. Who's with Doctor's 10, 11, and 12 (Eccleston, Tennet and Smith) and a couple seasons of Capaldi. Twilight Zone, Outer Limits, Night Gallery...

You get the idea. Geeky or British or both. I suppose the only one that sticks out from the usual genres is Criminal Minds, but it's the only police procedural drama I watch.

Only sitcom in years has been The Big Bang Theory. How many times can you say NERD?:x3:

Last edited:

KTMom91

Tennant and Smith were my favorite Doctors. Not a huge fan of Capaldi, and waiting to see what the new Doctor holds.

BusynMember

One of my favorite and only series of movies I truly loved and can see repeatedly without getting bored is the first Star Wars three movies. Loved them and Harrison Ford was so good in them and so handsome then.

But that was honestly the only sci fi, otherwordly movies I ever even liked, let alone loved. I didnt even like Star Wars 1, 2 and 3.

My husband will watch the zombie movies, Star Trek and others. Next to military movies which are okay to me and westerns which I dont like, the otherworldly are probably his favorites.

We try to compromise when we take in a movie... it usually turns out to be a silly movie with Jim Carey or Bill Murray or other funny actors. We can both handle good comedy.

AppleCori

He is, of course, speaking of that wonder of the Cinema - Zombeavers. A true work of genius.

You would think it would be a classic that everyone had seen, right? Just the title alone screams quality!

I don’t know what’s wrong with people nowadays....

AppleCori

When hubby and I first moved in together, he liked to watch movies. I had never been a movie watcher and never dated/married anyone that was into movies or TV, so it was a new experience for me. I would usually get about five minutes into the movie and fall asleep.

I have slept through more popular movies than I have actually seen.

The horror/comedy and horror genre are the only kinds of fictional movies that keep me interested through the whole thing.