Ok what will help

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
my immune system. I can't do this being sick for days well one or two sick for days well for one or two...........

I try and get my juice (vitamin C) and I am taking a multivitamin. It seems when I started to eat healthier I started getting sicker. That should not happen.

Help please with ideas for this.

Beth

trinityroyal

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hello Beth,
Sorry you're still feeling so rotten, and continuing to get sick. I've been doing some research on Adrenal Fatigue (see other post in Watercooler). Apparently, when your body undergoes long-term stress, it wears you down and has systemic effects.

Here is an excerpt from the Homeopathic Times Newsletter for January 2008, that describes Adrenal Fatigue.

Hope this helps, and feel better.

Trinity

Adrenal Fatigue
The adrenal glands are small glands which sit on top of our kidneys. They excrete hormones that help with stress, sleep, sex hormones, blood pressure, cholesterol and menstrual cycles. They are small glands with a mighty job. Certain diets, lifestyle and situations may leave the adrenal glands sluggish.
What causes adrenal fatigue?
  • Drugs such as cortisone, prednisone, steroids and inhalers
  • Foods such as coffee and tea
  • Overwork
  • Poor sleeping habits
  • Stress that is prolonged and even self induced
What are signs of adrenal fatigue?
  • Cravings for salt, sugar, coffee, tea and/or carbohydrates
  • Low energy especially in the morning or right after lunch
  • Vertigo or light headedness
  • Excessive sweating
  • Recurrent infections
  • Heart palpitations
  • Night sweats
  • Low blood sugar
  • A desire for snacking needed around 11:00 a.m. or 2:00 p.m.
  • Increased irritability or emotions that is not typical
  • Significant event that you have never felt well since
How do I fix my adrenal fatigue?
  • Skip the caffeinated beverages. They **** the energy out of the adrenal glands and deplete the body of minerals such as calcium and magnesium. They also can keep people awake.
  • Diet: Eat foods that are low glycemic. Have a healthy snack between meals to keep your blood sugar stable. These foods are whole grains, lean protein and fish, fruits and vegetables.
  • Reduce emotional stress by working on your lifestyle. Reduce your workload. Work on your family and relationships in a positive and loving way. Find ways to reduce your financial worries by taking steps for debt repayment.
  • Get a good night's sleep. The most restorative sleep happens when you fall asleep around 10:00 p.m. If you have sleep troubles try some relaxing supplements such as passionflower, hops, valerian, magnesium, GABA or melatonin.
  • Get some exercise and have some fun! Many of us forget that we are meant to move our bodies. If you are stuck in the office for an extra long day, you can feel very cooped up. Exercise is a very good way to keep healthy both psychologically and emotionally.
  • Take a good quality multi vitamin and extra vitamin C. Take an adrenal gland extract, this helps to support your adrenal. It is not suited to those with Addison's disease or high blood pressure. The B vitamin, pantothenic acid or B5 is very good for adrenal gland stress. Typical dosage is 50 to 250mgs per day. It works well when taking a regular B Complex 50mgs per day as well. If you take the B Vitamins, take them in the morning. Licorice extract is said to be nourishing for the adrenal glands, however it is not suitable for those with high blood pressure.
[/FONT]

Star*

call 911........call 911
REST WOMAN!!!!! Your body is trying to get rid of toxins and you keep jumping up and trying to work it girl -

GO BACK TO BED - this too shall pass, and let your body heal.

Baby yourself just a tad. Chicken soup with sea salt - Drink Plenty of water - (I'm peeing myself thin) you can (pee yourself well)

Rest - and let your body recoup - You've lost a tremendous amount of weight in a short period of time - While I envy the loss, I know it's not a healthy way to loose (barfing et al) so take it easy.

Eat right, drink plenty of water, take your vitamins ....and rest with that ULTRA cute weiner dog.

Hugs
Star

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Sending healing and positive thoughts your way, Beth!

Drink lots of water and get plenty of rest. Your WHOLE body is healing itself so you're going to have to let some things go in the meantime and just chill.

Eat lightly, get enough sleep, stay comfortably warm in loose fitting clothing, put your feet up when you're sitting down (helps the water flush your system), do NOT overdo it with the multi vitamins, but do take at least 1000mg of Vitamin C (if you're able to). When you shower, take a very HOT shower to help your body release toxins through your skin.

Feel better~

F

flutterbee

*assumes doctor's hat*

Well, you have to eliminate as much stress as you can.

*snort* :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: *snort*

Don't you just *love* it when they say that?!! The last time one said that to me, I said, 'Fine. I'll have her packed and at your house at 6.' He thought I was kidding, but he wouldn't give me the address anyway.

Really, I think it's stress, Beth. You've been under an extraordinary amount of it lately and it takes one helluva toll on the body. We can't eliminate the stressors, but we can try to find outlets for them. I think you're doing that with the flute. Maybe trying some basic yoga exercises or some relaxing stretching.

It's not going to cure you, but you have to start somewhere. There's a good chance you're going to go through this getting sick thing for a while. Your immune system is down and you need to rebuild. Antioxidants, lots of water and plenty of rest. It's time you treated yourself to some TLC.

LittleDudesMom

I would have to agree that rest is a big factor. You need to have a well rested body so that it is not so suseptable to every little thing that comes around. Drinking plenty of water and getting good natural vitamins through a healthy diet are also really important.

Prehaps your body really in need of a break. Try and pamper yourself with rest whenever you can.

Sharon

Fran

Former desparate mom
You may need to see your doctor for some blood work. You don't want to ignore the signals your body is sending.

smallworld

I agree with Fran -- you should check in with your GP or internist to make sure there's nothing going on besides winter crud.

Hope you're on the mend soon.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Going to the dr would be lovely except I can't. With no insurance I have no dr I can go to without paying up front. I just have to figure something else out.

Beth

tdtt

tdtt
I agree with Fran. I went to my doctor to find out what I was experiencing & why!

He did some simple blood tests ( checked out thyroid too & other things) yes, he said stress. I said "DUH" I had 2 adopted boys -16 mos apart in age & VERY MUCH difficult child's. I had 2 boys who killed animals- tried to kill each other & me. Had major troubles with school ( all mom's fault Ya know) & community in believingv "the innocent kids." I needed more rest, vitamins, B- 12 shot, B Complex vitamin & Celexa. I did buyt a treadmill , went out & had fun ( in another town) & now I am fine buit boys are gone. It does get better!!! There "is light at the end of the tunnel"

M

ML

Everyone has given excellent suggestions. I think the adrenal burn out is what I have. Rest, vitamins, mild exercise like walking. I like the idea of yoga. And most of all, don't beat up on yourself. I'm sorry to hear you're struggling financially. Are there any free clinics in your area? At least you might get an idae of what bloodwork you might need and it might not be as expensive and you might think (crossing fingers here).

Thinking of you and wishing you better days ahead. Hugs, ML

F

flutterbee

I just saw a commercial for DanActive Immunity that has supposedly been shown in 25 studies to boost the immune system...or something like that. In any case, I figure it couldn't hurt to try it since it's something you can pick up at the grocery store.

Beth,

Everyone has already given you everything I can think of to help. Aside from all the great advice for things you can do on your own, I agree with those that said you should see a doctor because you might need some lab work. I like MicheleL's idea of finding out if there are any free clinics in your area.

I'm thinking of you and hope you're feeling a bit better today. WFEN