Ok...Who Did It??

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Who sent their snow our way?? We weren't even supposed to get snow......didn't have any less than an hour ago.....Now there is almost 2 inches on the ground! And it's snowing so hard you can almost see.:ashamed:

And cold!!! It's 16 whole degrees out there, and I don't know what the windchill is, but brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! :frostbite:

At the rate it's coming down I won't be able to go get Travis from work in 1 1/2 hours. Our alley is on a hill. I can back out of it if I'm very careful.....while holding my breath praying I don't hit telephone poles I can't see in the dark. But once I get out of our alley.......uh, no. Uphills both ways. Yes, such a thing does exist if you live in a place call Hillsboro. :faint: If I had a running start, maybe. But there is no running start. And Nichole was slipping and sliding all over coming back from boyfriend's house. So I know it's slick and no trucks have hit the roads yet. They probably have to call the crew in since we weren't expecting snow......and the highways will be first.....then the main streets.......then us.

When Travis calls I'll have to tell him to catch a ride with someone if he can. Unless it stops as suddenly as it started. But I looked at the radar map.....it doesn't look like that's gonna happen.

crazymama30

Could have been Oregon. We had about a foot of snow right before Christmas. Then it all melted and it has been raining since. The mud finally dried so I can wear my nice shoes to get to the car.

Sorry, and hope it leaves quickly.

4sumrzn

Be careful if you go out!!!!!! I had a terrible time getting home from work. 4 wheel drive was useless as usual when there is a layer of ice too! Sliding down the hill backwards scared me to death. I almost took out a mailbox too trying to creep up the hill. Finally made it home safely. Hopefully you don't have the ice portion like we do!!!!!!

Andy

:dont_know: I looked out our window and we still have our snow.

Hmmmmmm, it is true that we did not get the snow predicted last week so maybe ........ hmmmmmm....... could be - you got that snow. For once, I was not the one to send it though. I was so looking forward to a snow day that next morning. What a let down. :(

We are suppose to get more again tonight into tomorrow. I so need the roads to be good on Tuesday. Any idea where I can try to send this round of snow since you don't need any more?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
ACK!

We have the layer of ice. :faint: On the main roads too, no less. I just got back from picking up Travis. Had to go get him because there was no one he worked with headed in this direction.

It was an adventure, to say the least. I don't mind driving in the snow, I'm good at it. I learned to drive in snow. But I don't like it snowing heavily, snow on the ground with a layer of ice under it all in the dark.

Thank goodness it's after 11pm. Hardly any traffic. Because I only stopped at one light from one side of town to the other. Yes, I was a bad girl and went straight thru red lights if there was a hill to go up ahead of me. (our hills are not little bumps in the road)

I skated right up to Kroger's front door for Travis. Their lot is one huge ice rink. I didn't even have my foot on the gas once.

Snow plows have finally made it out. But main roads aren't clear. They're just dumping salt, period and not much except on those hills. Can't see where it's making a difference either.

Wonder if we'll have a snow day tomorrow. I'm not exactly anxious to go back out in it.

4sumrzn glad you got home safe and sound. If the town streets are this bad, I'd hate to have to drive out in the rural areas outside of town.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Andy......this snow is coming from the northwest according to the map. And the storm is crawling on the radar. Maybe dreamer up Chicago way decided to share her snow with us. lol

I'm still trying to figure out where the darn ice came from. ugh It's a good inch thick. None on my car......all on the roads though.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
I really don't know how you guys can deal with all of that snow. We had icy hail once here, and I didn't stick my nose out of the house for two days.

The city here has a once a year snow day, where they truck in a ton of now, or maybe they make it, have no idea how it gets here, at the local park while a crafts fair is going on. Its fun to see the kids slide down the hill on big saucers (at a dollar a slide) and they have an area for the little ones so they can toss snowballs at each other or try and make a snowman.

Its nice watching from the sidelines in 80 degree weather

Marcie

Andy

Oh, so it is not the snow. It is that awful ice. Glad to say we don't have any of that. That truly is dangerous.:anxious:

I hope the sand/salt starts working soon. I heard the new sand/salt they are using here works right away and then itself turns slippery.

Where my parents live, my dad complains that the trucks will go out and sand just to be followed immediately by a plow to plow the sand off the road. :tongue:

We have a Blizzard Warning NE of us. I think school may be closed early. I hope my supervisor is at work this morning. It also looks like I may have to reschedule difficult child's physical tomorrow morning. Don't know if I can make it to Fargo by 8:30. I will keep his therapist appointment and make that decision later - he only goes there once per month and is so looking forward to it. When I told him I may have to postpone or cancel it, he said, "No, we are not canceling. I will walk." Guess he is determined to get there.

This will be my younger sister's 5th attempt to visit my parents. I will tell her no more attempts until July - It snows every day she plans.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Okay, I apologize, but Michigan sent theirs here, so what was I supposed to do? I did at least scrape off a couple of inches before I forwarded the storm....... sorry....... hope you can find a warm place to hold up until it melts?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
So much for the snow day. :( It went phhhhtttt sometimd during the night.

Abbey, WhyMeMom, you guys didn't blow hard enough. Put some spirit into it! I'd like some snow..........just no ice please. :)

mstang67chic

Going Green
Next time, we need to coordinate our schedules better. When I left here Friday evening, we were getting it. When I came home Sunday night....Ohio was getting it. Made for a very interesting (and LONG) drive home.

(Oh...I took a weekend trip to Ohio....pictures and stories to come later)