OK who forgot to tell me Puppies are SO much work?

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Good one.... I have this little brown cub looking thing sleeping in the kids tunnel right... he has pooped and peed about a thousand times already.... I have gotten no sleep... Which one of you declined to tell me how much work puppies are ????

But he is SO worth it!!!! he is the sweetest thing in the world.... he slept in his crate last night for 5 hours straight... I have walked him a bunch and he follows us around, even walks eagerly on the leash!!! is fetching somewhat... he looks like a little brown bear!!! The breeders were so kind, the whole family hung out with us. the daughters were cute.
the funny thing is the one daighter has curly hair, kind of CRAVY like mine (curly/wavy) and mine was really frizzy from the rain, and it is brown with a dash of grey... well the pups are frizzy, cravy, brown with a dash of white, she said wow, your hair looks just like the pups!!! IT does!!!
The best was while we were signing the papers, N peed on husband's lap!!! HA HA. I had to take her sweater and make sweater pants!!! She thought that was cool... Poor husband, I couldn't do that for him...
Anyhoo, Indy is home and we have all fallen in love. He was the biggest one. The breeders kept one of the males for themselves...

Oh yeah and the puppy breath he he... love it.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Dear Indy,

Welcome to the family. Please take care of your mommy, don't pee or poop except where you're supposed to, slippers and shoes are a big no no. Cats can be your friend, it's your choice. A good back itching roll in the grass beats a nap any day. Expect lots of love, hugs and sighs of awwww as you grow to doghood because you are so adorable.

Many treats and happy puppyhood,
Love
Aunti Star

ps - tell your Mom we ALL knew you would be a super pooper, but you were just too cute to remind her because then we may have been cheated out of our AWWWWWW for the day.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
My sweet Chloe just turned 1 so you have my sympathies. Having a puppy is EXHAUSTING. You need to find another puppy so Indy can have play dates. There are few things on earth cuter than watching 2 clumsy puppies playing (well, except maybe watching them sleep!).

Enjoy! :cool-dog:

Suz

witzend

With us it was trips outside to go potty every hour or so for the first month to potty train. The neighbors must have loved us!

"Let's go potty! Yay! Potty, potty, potty, potty! Yay! Good potty!" "Good poo poo! YAY!"

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Since our Betsy is only a year old, I haven't forgotten the puppyhood. Actually, she's yet to shed her puppyhood. lol But while Betsy was housetrained from the getgo....she was born here and was crate/housetrained before she was weaned.... I still had to take her out every hour just because her bladder was so tiny. But hey, after having to take out an entire litter of 9 pups every hour..... just one was a breeze. :rofl:

Puppies are like babies....TONS of work, exhausting, but more than worth it. Seems like it just makes you love them more.

Welcome to the family Indy!! :pet:

Steely

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: witzend</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> "Let's go potty! Yay! Potty, potty, potty, potty! Yay! Good potty!" "Good poo poo! YAY!" </div></div>

Yep, that's it! More praise for poo than one can imagine.........and a million sleepless nights......but they are worth every second! I think!

Just wait until he sleeps through the night ~~~~
That one sleep-filled night almost makes up for the time he vomited all over the couch; had diarreah in places you can only smell, but not find; ate the weather stripping off the door, chewed up a 100.00 pair of shoes; rolled in sewage; inhaled the end of off the coffee table; and peed all over your father when he came to visit.
:cool-dog:
I love my pups, I love my pups, I love my pups! :shocked:

TerryJ2

Ohhh, I love puppy breath! And puppy tummies!

I've never heard of a dog, puppy or not, peeing on someone's lap b4. Usually they squirm to get off, or yip or something.

Small bladder, that.