Okay I can share one thing now.

Star*

call 911........call 911
We got news this morning -

That Dude and our future Daughter in law to be - are going to add to our family by one -

A healthy baby girl.....in July! :flirtysmile3:

Names up for consideration are : Trinity Michelle (no nick name) , Addison Lee (Addy), Railynn Marie,

They're still looking.....But so far I like my contribution of Trinity Michelle. I did not know your cheeks could hurt this much from smiling so big.

Thank you God for such a wonderful blessing in our lives!!!!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
OH WOW!!!!

I kept waiting for the joke...............you know, the punch line.........only there wasn't one.

AWESOME! HUGE CONGRATS!! Any hints of him moving closer??

donna723

WOW! Huge congratulations Starbie! You're going to be an awesome grandma! And congratulations to Dude and the future Mrs. Dude. I am so happy for you all!

:people_crybaby:

DDD

:yes:I am thrilled that you have such awesome news to share! Totally thrilled! Hugs DDD

Just a teeney, weeney little added thought...don't they know that nicknames come from peers more often than they do from parents? Make sure they check out what the initials spell out to be so there's no surprise and also check rhyming sounds. Amazing where nicknames originate.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
WOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!

All RIGHT!!! How sweet!!!

...FWIW... My biggest nickname has NOTHING to do with my real name and everything to do with a crazy Grandma. First time she saw me - "AWWW what a cute little Pookamus" - and... Pooky. Before Garfield ever had a stuffed bear.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the choices of names!!!!! Especially Trinity Michelle.

Star*

call 911........call 911
D3 -

They're still open for girls names. I need a good name book or site. Any suggestions? I'm not crazy about Addison.......I think you can rhyme too many things with Addy....but NO ONE better come up with something cutsie for Michelle. Cause she's mean. :kickedoutsmile:

slsh

member since 1999
Wow!!! Congrats, Grandma. And especially to Dude and his fiance. What wonderful news (though it just doesn't seem *possible* that Dude is going to be a DAD!!!). Again, congrats!!!

Estherfromjerusalem

Oh Star, that is so exciting! Congratulations. I wish you much joy. And congratulations to Dude and to your daughter-in-law to be. Becoming a grandparent for the first time is one of the most exciting things in the whole world, and I am thrilled for you.

Love, Esther

H

HaoZi

but NO ONE better come up with something cutsie for Michelle. Cause she's mean.

There's always Shelly. :flirtysmile3:
I had this wonderful cat named Shelly. She was the sweetest cat EVER. Never scratched anyone, even at bath time (though she sounded so pitiful then). But I did witness her break up a fight between two dogs (red-nose pitbulls) without a sound or claw, and after that those dogs didn't even look cross-ways at each other if she was in the room.

Congrats!

DDD

Scratch Michele....she's mean as a snake. Scratch Shelly...it rhymes with Belly. Sigh! DDD

trinityroyal

Scratch Michele....she's mean as a snake. Scratch Shelly...it rhymes with Belly. Sigh! DDD
:rofl:

Children will ALWAYS come up with some way to mess with your name. ALWAYS. My given name doesn't rhyme with anything. Truly, there isn't a single word in English that rhymes with it. Still, the other children in my class found ways to play with it, resulting in (fortunately, not mean-spirited) silly nicknames.

Oh, and I just remembered... I once knew a guy whose parents tried really hard to come up with a name for him that couldn't be mocked.
So, what did they come up with you ask? Bart! :kickme:

Congratulations again Grammy Star!

InsaneCdn

The best book we had for names... I wasn't allowed to keep. It belonged to a gal I worked with, and had been on various rounds in her family for a couple generations. I don't even know the name of it anymore...

But.. name advice?
Keep in mind...
- initials have meaning.... Please don't name your kid Isabelle Elizabeth Parsons... do YOU want to be an IEP?

- stick to gender-obvious names with gender-obvious nick names... any idea how hard it is to work on interstate/interprovincial/international billeting arrangements, and the names you have to work with are Kim and Dale and Pat so on? is that a male or a female? Because... some of the billets are shared accommodation, and... some jurisdictions they aren't allowed to "share" the student's gender (privacy issue?)

- Make at least ONE of the names, short... kids get really tired, really fast, of writing Kimberley Elizabeth Longestname. And they get tired of running out of paper to write their names on.

- Pick names that are generally spelled "one way"... and use THAT spelling. It gets really tiresome to have to spell your name to people, all day every day. (I live it. It stinks. And if I tried using my middle name instead of my first name? it would be just as bad). Nobody has to ask how to spell David or Ruth (or even Elizabeth or Trinity)

- do NOT pick a name that is in the current top 25. It's no fun to be one-of-5 in the class with the same first name.

And yes, you have lots of time to find the right name.
But they had better have more than one in mind... because that baby may not "look like" the name that is picked.

Enjoy. I expect I'll be in a nursing home before I ever get to be a grandma... and that's if I live that long.