Okay I can share one thing now.

susiestar

Roll With It
The whole name thing makes me think of a song called Lisa Lee Elizabeth by a local artist (guy I went to school with) who writes and sings kids songs that are great, intelligent and funny.

Here are the lyrics: http://montysongs.freeforums.org/02-lisa-lee-elizabeth-t76.html

And here you can here a sample of the song: http://www.pandora.com/?_sl=1&searc...ken=monty+harper+childrens/lisa+lee+elizabeth

He does sell his music on CDs and they are awesome. You can search for his name and find ways to buy his cds. One is on amazon too.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Genvieve is beautiful. I love that... If I didn't already have a name picked (since high school, scary enough)... I really like.

donna723

I was so indecisive about names ... when my son was born I had a boys first name picked out but was still trying to decide on the middle name when I was headed for the hospital. And sometimes you have a name all picked out and then the baby just doesn't look like that name! My sister in law was already a teenager when his only brother was born. His mother had always loved the name Zachary so when the new baby was born she promptly named him Zachary. But in the next few days, the more she looked at him the less he looked like a Zachary to her! It just wasn't right, didn't fit. So, as much as she loved the name Zachary, she decided he looked more like a Joshua so she changed his name to Joshua and he's been Josh ever since. sister in law's mom had always wanted a grandchild so badly but unfortunately she was killed in an accident right before they discovered that a grandchild was on the way. So when Ethan was born, they picked Zachary as his middle name because sister in law's mom would have loved it and it was, in a way, letting her have the honor of selecting his middle name. He's too young to understand all that now but some day they'll explain it to him.

Last edited:

Star*

call 911........call 911
Addison Grace.

I didn't tell her Casper's middle name is Grace. I don't care for Addison, neither does Dude, but she and I have already had this conversation, and my opinion and reasoning meant zip. Dude picked Raelynn, and her Father made such a stink about it - you would have thought they were re-naming HIM. He even made the comment that Raelynn sounding like the fixtures you put on a single wide down South to support you as you went down stairs if you were drunk. Railin' - what a patoot. Giving the jackass the benefit of the doubt as we're sure it wasn't a slam against us ? We're still fairly certain he thinks we live in West Carolina.

H

HaoZi

Now me? I was smart. Baby was going to be pushed out of my body, which meant I did the naming. Period. (good thing too or Travis would be Erving or George Newton for godsake!) I wasn't having a child with a name that would scar them for life. lol

I took the same line. I'm carrying it, I'm shovin' it out, by all that's holy (and all that's not) I'm namin' it. Or at least the first one. One more reason Kiddo is my only child.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
LOL I don't mind sharing, esp since the name husband picked if it's a boy was one close to my heart. And I kinda picked the entire girl name. Hee hee!

Wow, we certainly hijacked Starbie's good news thread!!!

Star, honey, you HAVE TO KEEP US UPDATED on your lil granddau!!!!!!

susiestar

Roll With It
i had to go the whole "you give birth to it, you name it. I give birth to it, I name it." route because otherwise my child would have had initials that spelled underwear or else NAD or something equally horrific that would get him teased and bullied throughout jr hi and high school. Oh, husband also suggested "Binary" as a name. He actually fought for that. He wanted Binary Conan. So he had NO naming rights to my children. He also had to flush after he named anything.

I DID make sure he liked the names. There were several that I liked and he didn't and we looked for another one. I picked out a boy name and a girl name for Wiz. When we were preg with Jess, I kept the same girl name we picked even though husband insisted it was Jennifer and not Jessica. he is flat wrong because I had a gma named Jessica and I knew several Jennifers that were really mean to me. NOT that I hate the name Jennifer, just it would not be one I chose. We also chose a boy name when we had Jess, and when thank you came along he got that one. I will admit that we DID think thank you's initials (TAD) were cute. Luckily he doesn't mind them either.

I like Addison Grace, it is nice and classy and leaves room for some pretty nicknames.

Did any of you listen to the song clip? FYI, if you want fun, interesting kids music, you can't go wrong wtih that artist. I went to school with him and there is NO WAY that there will be any ugly rumors about him. He is just a really nice guy who writes and sings great kids songs. Songs that you WON"T be ashamed to hear your kids singing in public. (NOT like the Easter morning when Wiz was about 2 and started singing part of AC/Difficult Child's "For Those About to Rock" at the store and some church ladies got SOOO upset with me.)

DammitJanet

I like Addison actually. One of the little girls in Keyana's dance class was an Addison. Of course it was shortened to Addie.

DDD

This post is going to sound like a Starbie post. I swear I'm not being funny...we almost croaked. Our hippie son hooked up with a hippie woman. They were both a little "out there", into organic gardening back in the 70's, really into nature and the universe. Are you ready??? They had a baby boy and DS called to share his overwhelming joy. We asked "what is the baby's name?" After a pause he said seriously "Well we're down to two and haven't decided yet." What are the two, husband asked. Reply "I want his name to be Phoenix but she thinks it ought to be Uranus."

I won't tell you which they chose. I will tell you that was a big Cutty evening at our house. DDD

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Well... Onyxx is determined if she ever has a child its name will be River.

No kidding.

Thank HEAVENS she doesn't want kids for a long time yet.

H

HaoZi

I know several of you know Kiddo's real name by now (it's unique and it suits her), and if you want to know how that name came about, here's the short version:
It came to me in a dream. Her middle name was my grandma's middle name. The end.

DammitJanet

River is a nice name...but please tell me they didnt name the child Uranus!

I worked for DSS for a long time and I saw many very strange names over the years. One little boy named Fukan A. XXXXX. The twins Gonorrhea (Jen oh ree ah) and Chlamydia (Clam edea).

DDD

:holymoly: I can't tell any real names, Janet. I promised the family twelve years ago or so when I joined that "identifers" would never be used. The story is totally true and the only other thing I can say is that husband and I refer to that grandson by his first/middle name initials. His middle name is "normal", by the way. DDD

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Little girls are so much fun to shop for. I wish the young people much love and success and a healthy baby girl. Congratulations, Star!

Suz

tiredmommy

We used family names: Duckie's first name is after my late second cousin, her middle name is the same middle name of her great-great-grandmother (my first name is a variation of the same).

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Speaking of names...........

Demetri Octavian

Nithilsin Octavian

I have not the slightest hint how one would pronounce Nithilsin??? I'm not even sure it's a real name? These are two sons from the same Hillbilly family, they're not the only two saddled with such names. Octavian is the middle, not the last name by the way. (not that that one is all that bad) These are kids Nichole went to school with and is friends with. In fact the 2nd one is her bff's husband. And no, neither boy is referred to by their given names, they go by nicknames that have nothing to do with the names on their birth certificates.

Makes you wonder if someone let the man name the boys. :rofl: omg! And of course both the boys absolutely hate their names.

At least the mommy to be isn't saddling your granddaughter with Stormy Sea Meret. Is it any wonder the child is a difficult child????

svengandhi

Addison sounds like a disease. Oh, WAIT! It IS a disease! JFK had it.

If you pick Michele, may I recommend one L. Less common, more sophisticated. Except of course for my HS friend, who we referred to as "Mishtip." We were all tipsy back then - after Captain Video, don't ask because I don't even remember. When she misbehaved, we called her Mish-chif.

Congrats on the baby. You are better than me. I have told my 21 year old son and his 19 year girlfriend of 3 years that if they have kids before he is 26, there will be no health insurance coverage for him and I won't pay for college. She is not baby oriented - she showed me a photo of a friend's baby and when I asked what his name was, she said "Birth control!"

Anyway, I know you will be a wonderful grandma and I hope that Stardude becomes the dad you have raised him to be.