Okay who was talking impetigo &

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
why is this board such a jinx????? Hmmmm????:highvoltage:

I had an follow up appointment with GP on Wednesday & had her check out a couple of sores that popped up on my scalp. Wanted to make sure it wasn't shingles as the sores started in the same area as last time.

Thank goodness, it's not shingles! :whew:

Nope, it's impetigo & it's spreading pretty rapidly. :rolleyes::nonono::ill: GP said she isn't surprised at any infection that pops up as my immune system is pretty compromised. If it continues to spread at the rate it's been going I will have to shave my hair off to treat this.

I'm beginning to take life pretty personally, ladies. :capitulate::2dissapointed: See that, I'm pouting.

Thank goodness kt is off to respite this weekend ~ if I could only get husband out of the house this weekend life would be good. I need time to myself & soon. :please:

4sumrzn

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that. I'll pray for no more spreading! I sure hope you find a way to get that time to yourself too!!!!

Penta

I hear you....I have had the good fortune of 5 weeks alone while my girl is studying (and playing) abroad.At first, I was at loose ends with her gone, but I adjusted pretty quickly and now I really like it!

Having time alone allows us to restore our soul and recapture our sense of self. Just time to play your favorite music, read a book, sit and observe nature or contemplate life is a very good thing.

I hope you get some time for yourself this weekend. You deserve it...and also some relief from your impetigo.

Marguerite

Whack on a hat and take antibiotics.

I hope it clears up quickly for you and hasn't spread from your scalp.

As you said, you're run down and a prime target with a compromised immune system.

I hope it clears up soon for you.

Marg

susiestar

Roll With It
Oh, Linda, I am so sorry. I hope the medications stop the spread. I am glad you asked her to check them out though!

Be very careful about germs wherever you go. I have a spray bottle of hand sanitizer that the doctor recommended I use on toilet seats. Spray it on and use tp to wipe. You can get 2 of these spray bottles for $2 at the WalMart check outs.

I don't want any other nasty germs to grab you!

Susie

Lothlorien

Linda, are you still having trouble with your eyesight? Shingles anywhere in the head area means that the virus lays in the upper part of the spine and can cause blindness, if not treated right away or at all. Possibly, that might be the reason for the problems with your eyesight? Did you begin to have problems with your eyesight after the bout of Shingles?

How's the impetigo today? Jeesh, you just can't seem to get a break!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Thank you ladies ~ the antibiotic should be kicking in today or tomorrow (or so I'm told). There was a great deal of spreading on Thursday & Friday, yesterday not so much. I woke this morning to no add'l breakouts (thank goodness).

Loth, the shingles was on the left side of my head & did hit the left eye. I see a opthymologist every 3 months & have my left eye examined. There was some damage & it's being watched very closely. There is some thought that the continued vision issues may be due to Susac's syndrome but that is just a "working" diagnosis - not set in stone.

This past year has been one of my most challenging. Through all of it, I've seen growth in my husband & kt. in my humble opinion, it's a devastating trade off.