Okay, who woke up to snow????

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Yup, I woke up to snow on the ground this morning. OMG, it's only the 10th of October.

LDM, I know you love this but it's way too soon for me.:snowangel: :thumbsdown:

muttmeister

Well, there's not snow on the ground but there is snow in the air and there are a few ice pellets on the ground. My computer weather thingy is saying right now (1:12 P.M.) it is 28 degrees. I think normal for here right now is about 70. They said that for here this will be the earliest snow on record EVER.
I HATE WINTER - WHY IS IT STARTING SO :censored2: SOON?!!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Temp here last I looked was in the 40's. ugh Last week husband was watching the weather and they said snow for next week! What???

I'm sitting her freezing my fanny off cuz i refuse to turn on the furnace so darned early. lol

Only thing good about it is that it has killed off most of the fleas. Molly is grateful. :)

slsh

member since 1999
I would just like to point out that snow is a 4-letter word - where's the censor when you need him/her??? Guess I'll just self-censor. ;)

I believe we may be seeing some **** tomorrow. At least, that's the impression I get from husband. Personally, I refuse to watch the weather forcast right now because I simply do *not* want to see ****flakes on the map. It's just wrong wrong wrong, especially since we never really had a summer.

It's going to be a very long winter for husband if it really does start ****ing tomorrow. I usually remind him several times a winter that I moved to Hawaii for a reason and that coming back to the Midwest was his brilliant idea. If we start out with- **** in October?? Well, the poor man is going to suffer more than usual. :rofl:

KTMom91

Please don't hurt me...it's 77 degrees right now in sunny California. We have the house open for the breeze, and I'm wearing shorts and going barefoot.

It's supposed to rain next week...

Abbey

Spork Queen
haha, SLSH. Snow here today for the first time this year. Not much, but IT'S ****.

(I appreciate your attempts at being a board censor.)

Abbey

donna723

It's down in the fifties here, cloudy and overcast. Hopefully it will be a long time before we see any snow, but it was the first day when I felt like I really should have worn a jacket when I went out!

BusynMember

I don't like hot weather. I'm weird. It was 29 this morning with some frost and now it's in the 40's, but I'd prefer the temp be 30-75 all year long.

Hate humidity and heat.

This IS a bit early for frost :tongue: even in Wisconsin.

tiredmommy

I'm happy I got Duckie's boots last week and her winter coat was delivered today. Now all I have to do is dig out hats/gloves/scarves. :rolleyes:

Mattsmom277

We had our first snow here a few weeks back. Then today it is back to shorts and tshirts!
I'll be cooking Thanksgiving Turkey tomorrow and the entire house is going to be the oven. Wishing I had my AC's installed still lol.
By Tuesday, the way it works around here, it'll probably be a snow day ;)

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I woke up early this AM to about an inch of snow. It was flurrying so hard it was hard to see.

It's still gone UP to 32 degrees and the snow has melted off.

Early snow is kind of the norm up here in Northern WI, but this is early even for us.

CATS

cats
Hi all, i'm new here and just getting my bearings - by the way Im downunder in NZ and its a lovely sunny day - we're heading into our summer at last! Its been a long wet winter!
Cheers
;)

Abbey

Spork Queen
Hi all, i'm new here and just getting my bearings - by the way Im downunder in NZ and its a lovely sunny day - we're heading into our summer at last! Its been a long wet winter!
Cheers
;)

NZ? My...that is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. Did a bike tour through there in the early 80's. Can you send some of that lovely weather to the states?

Abbey

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thankfully none of the white stuff on the lawn but we did see light flurries. It's way too early for this. We've been tricked the last few Octobers with warm weather. this reminds me of Octobers when I was a kid.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
70 degrees right now at 10:30! It is still in the upper 80's during the days. We are looking at mid 90's by end of the week.
It dropped down to the 70's the other day and I had a sweater on... LOL

It is still bizarre getting out the Halloween stuff when it blazing down heat on you!
We do live close to the mountains though for when we need to cool down.

TerryJ2

I heard it was 29 in Denver.

So far, in VA, we're still celebrating a beautiful fall ... 60s and 70s ... I'm happy. Well, at least, with-the weather. ;)