Okay - why aren't you people sleeping?????

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Hmmmmm - I've noticed the number of you that are lingering around here instead of sleeping. Shame on you! :nonono:

I bet your mothers taught you about the importance of sleep; to function you need 8 hours of sleep.

So.....what's your excuse tonight? :crazy: Let's hear it. None of them better be lame or I'm calling your mother. :nonono: :smile:

I'm wide awake because instead of Difficult Child'ing my prednisone - the dose has been tripled to treat some dumb disorder that I'm not discussing at this time. You'll be seeing me hanging out a great deal at night just like the last 3 or 4 months. (by the way, if you don't know me long - I'll fill you in on my favorite hobby. Napping - I love to nap. I love to sleep. It's respite. :wink: )

Tell me your story of sleep :bloodshot: or lack thereof.

SRL

I woke up first and formost because the ol' bladder ain't what she used to be.

Secondly I am remaining awake because the eggs were frozen. I'm making dinner for someone tonight and when I went to get the eggs to finish the overnight refrigerator roll dough the eggs were harder than hard boiled. I'll be off to Walmart here in a few minutes and then I'll make all day refrigerator roll dough.

Next?

susiequte

23 weeks pregnant and baby is bouncing on my bladder!!! Not to mention doing cartwheels, backflips, sommersaults, etc. Oh yeah....and hiccups!!!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I'm more of a night owl. I stay up REAL late and can't seem to settle down for the night...does that count? I average about 5 hours a night most nights.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I do need to be told on... although you can't call my Mommy... you can call my doctor. I am always up late because I need my medications checked!!! I usually clock in about 5 hours of sleep but that is with waking up while I am "sleeping"... I admit I am guilty!!! your post reminded me that therapist yelled at me last session and said you look pale... I said well thanks... as K was destroying her office (yesterday) and screaming "I hate you Mommy" I said it is probably the fact that I don't sleep, have the school meeting coming up and looked at K and said "Oh and this"... LOL as well as husband being gone 2 weeks... this time. Usually kicks in my mania big time, who needs sleep???
I laugh at sleep...

susiestar

Roll With It
Sleep?? I have heard of this. Not very well acquainted with the concept though.

I have a wonderful inherited case of insomnia. My dad does not sleep. His mom did not sleep. Her dad did not sleep. Anyone see a pattern here??

Add my medications, neuro problems, and other things, if I do get to sleep I wake up in pain EVERY time I move. And I don't do REM sleep. Never have as far as previous sleep studies have discerned. Even with medication to sleep, I jsut don't do it well.

I had a class in it, but I jsut couldn't do the homework sleeping!!

I look forward to seeing you all tonight! Maybe we need a hello tonight thread??

SRL

Inherited insomnia, that would be a bummer.

Well, tonight (actually this morning) I can report that my eggs are no longer frozen, although it took Walmart 25 minutes to get me through the checkout at 5:30 am since their computer locked up on me. Egg problem solved, however, the cat did just wake me up by walking on my chest to get to my other side and I'm sorry to say I appear to have a cold.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
SRL,

Some days (nights) you can't get a break. Take care of that cold & throw the cat out of your bedroom.

In all actuality I slept 3 hours straight & the cat jumped on my chest & woke me.

Before that, I was shredding old financial papers (probably driving husband up a wall) & composing/creating a thank you note to my sister in law.

I tend to get tasks that are mindless (shredding papers) or enjoyable (painting/drawing) done during the night hours.

I hope you get rest today - take care of that cold.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Linda

You can't tell on me to my mother cuz she started it.

Nanner nanner nanner. :rofl:

She never had a bedtime for us, then worked 2nd shift when I was a teen and I had to stay up to make sure she got into the house safe. (her idea not mine) That was the last time I went to bed before 11:30 pm.

Then husband worked 2nd shift for yrs. It stretched to midnight to about 1am.

Menopause seems to have pushed it to 3-3:30 am, and even til 4.

Although I'm almost always up by 9am. Lately it's been about 8:30 am.

Lately I've been averaging maybe 4 hrs a night. :bloodshot: