Old age kicks in at my house tonight....husband is embarrassed!

DDD

I know you guys are younger than I am but this is real life sick humor that I'm going to share. Maybe it will help you understand your parents, lol.

Today husband offered to pick up a pizza from our favorite Italian restaurant which is out of town. I haven't eaten bread in six weeks or so trying to do low carb but it sounded good and I looked forward to getting home to pig out. Ate nothing at work today.

I get home and husband is taking a nap. There is no pizza in the kitchen. Rats! I was SO ready for pizza. So...I break out English Muffins, slice tomatoes, get the cheese out of the refrigerator and "make my own". It wasn't pizza but it did the trick.

husband wakes up and says "well did you eat without me?" "Yes, I was really hungry."
"How was it?" husband asked. "It was ok." Laughingly, husband says "did you leave any for me?" INSERT "light bulb moment" smiley.

husband has picked up the pizza. When I said "where is it?" He replied in the kitchen
and went to get it. NOT. Then he looked in the bedroom. NOT. The dear man found the gourmet pizza in the backseat of his car where it had been for three hours. :sigh: He's out of sorts tonight due to embarrassment. Life after 70 is not
predictable, lol. DDD

H

HaoZi

Don't feel too bad, I've always been forgetful like that. If I can't find my keys, I check my truck... and my fridge.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
He shouldn't feel too bad - have been stressed out to the max and my senior moment today - fixed myself a cup of coffee, put in the sugar, walked over to my desk, opened the drawer and picked up a pencil and stired my coffee. :( Never mind I had a spoon right NEXT to the coffee maker, and when I put the cup on the counter to put milk in, the silverware drawer was right there.

Felt like a right idiot - especially since SO was standing there with his eyes buggin out saying I don't believe you just did that.

Marcie

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Marcie, your story reminded me of the time I got up to use my single-serving coffee filter cup one morning. I got the filter out, put it in the holder, put the coffee in, put it on the mug, started to pour the hot water, then was suddenly startled to find hot water running down the mug all over the counter, into the drawers and onto the floor!

I'd forgotten to turn the mug right-side-up. :rofl:

flutterby

Fly away!
I was talking to my mom once on the phone and put it down to blow my nose. Got done and said, "Ok. I'm back." No response. "Hello? Are you still there?" Then I realized that I hadn't picked the phone back up.

susiestar

Roll With It
LOL - for both Marcie and DDD's husband.

Tell your husband not to feel too bad. When I was in high school I remember helping my mom look EVERYWHERE for one of her high-heel shoes. I finally gave up and went to fix a glass of ice water. When I opened the freezer her shoe fell out. She then went and looked in her shoe rach - and there was a pint of ice cream there from the night before! She was only 40 at the time!!

I have done similar bonehead things - esp when bringing home leftovers. Heck, once husband's car developed a really NASTY smell in the trunk - which he NEVER EVER cleaned. It was a real pigsty because he just tossed his and the kids stuff in there. He had picked up groceries and "lost" a bag of potatoes in there from at least a month before! HE was only about 40 at the time!! NOW we laugh but at the time it was just GROSS. He has NEVER been allowed to let a vehicle get that bad again. Not with-o me having a fit, lol!

H

HaoZi

I recall a friend of mine that used to misplace his glasses constantly. One night, me, my then husband (1st ex), and friend's wife watched him wander around for 20 minutes looking for his glasses. I have no idea how we managed to not laugh the whole time. He finally got really panicked and asked for help, and I said "E, do this," and patted my head. His glasses had been on top of his head the whole time.

muttmeister

I'm older than a lot of you but I've always been a bit of a flake so I don't know which is the cause but I do a lot of things like that. Opening the microwave is always and adventure because I never know what I will find. I put something in and then wander off and forget about it until I'm ready to put in the next thing.

The worst is when I watch the weather. If they'd just tell me what tomorrow is going to be I'd be OK because that's all I really want to know but they go on and on about what it was like a year ago and what the average is and what is the weather in Iraq and Afghanistan, etc., etc., etc. so most nights I watch the whole thing but my mind has wandered and the sports comes on and I still don't have a clue what they said, even though I was sitting there looking at the TV.

flutterby

Fly away!
Yes, Donna. I have. I've also gotten in with my clothes still on.

I took the dutch oven out of the oven where it had been for 4 hours at 350. I put the potholders down and grabbed the lid. Held it for a few seconds thinking "this is really hot" because I couldn't figure out where to put it. I finally dropped it on the stove. Ran my fingers under cold water for a minute. Went right back to the lid and picked it up again. :bag:

DammitJanet

DDD...pizza was probably just fine. Just go heat it up...lol.

I went to Walmart yesterday to pick up some of their heat and eat pizza's and they are too big for my fridge so I either have to freeze them in the deep freezer or I have to cook them right away. Well...I got them mid-afternoon. I just left them in my car till it was time to eat. I didnt know what else to do with them?

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Please, please, don't anyone feel bad! husband never ever can find his keys. We have a row of key hooks in our bedroom. He keeps forgetting it's there.

Jett's Nintendo DS went missing in July. He swore up and down that Onyxx took it. She and I went all over her room - and then husband did, later, without her. Everywhere. I mean, we were frantically searching.

I started cleaning in September for a "fun" party (husband's cousin does this, I figured what the heck). The DS was on the bookcase, at Jett's eye level, plugged in (and fully charged by now!)

Mind, I'd gone to this bookcase - and that shelf - several times in that 2 months.

But my absolute favorite was not seeing a very expensive pair of sapphire and diamond earrings my Mom gave me my senior year - for probably 3 years. I figured Onyxx had taken them to BM and gave them up for lost. Cleaning out my old purses one day (they were in the Goodwill pile), I opened the front flap and - there they were! I never ever ever put jewelry in my purse!

Now if I can just figure out what happened to Onyxx's SIM card and memory card from her phone (from last December), my old phone, and my two favorite navel rings (those are probably long gone, and also Onyxx)...

trinityroyal

I'm so glad to know that I'm not the only one. I can't tell you how many times I find the milk in the microwave and my cup of hot (well, not anymore) tea in the fridge because I got confused about what goes where in mid-task. Almost every morning when I leave the house, I press the remote control to unlock my car, and then turn around and press it again to lock the house.

My family and I have even developed systems so that they can figure out what I was thinking when I left whatever-it-is wheverer-I-put-it-down. For example: If it's on your right it goes in the direction you're going. If a laundry basket has been abandoned somewhere in the hallway, if it's on your right when facing down the stairs it's aiming for the laundry room, but if it's on the right facing up the stairs, then it's clean laundry heading upstairs to be put away. I have a terrible habit of folding the dirty laundry (one of my best fidgets), so it's hard to tell based on whether the basket contains folded items or not...

Mom2oddson

husband lost his car keys for 3 months. Finally found them inside a box of frozen food in the freezer.

My eyes are starting to go but I leave my good glasses at work so I'm always sure to have them there. I use cheaters at home. I've gotten in the habit of putting them on top of my head. I had THREE different pairs on top my my head once.

witzend

My friend B and I were discussing an incident that happened at dinner at her house a couple of weeks ago with our mutual friend K. B's husband is diagnosed with Alzheimer's and is definitely going downhill quickly. K has some sort of issue that she masks with alcohol but everyone knows there's something wrong there. So B is talking about how K was unable to track what was going on while we were playing dice at her house. We played dice at her house? I'm totally clueless. 10 days and it's gone. Then she goes on with her story and I realize that she is talking about Yahtzee, the 3 couples played, and K had trouble (as usual) keeping track of her score. I didn't have a clue until she detailed what she was talking about. B's husband and K have cognitive issues. Guess who else?

I hate getting old.

svengandhi

It happens to the young as well. Last night, I had my 11 year old clear the table after dinner. This morning, my daughter went to the cabinet to get a baggie to pack her carrots, etc. for lunch. She found a head of lettuce and a banana in there. My son said "oops" and then retrieved the tin foil from the fridge!