Old-fashioned things you've done in your day...

Pink Elephant

Lol. Course I do. They're still around. Aren't they those very high wasted white panties made of cotton???

You can tease me anytime. I like it ;)
These are the style I wear. Big momma pants! LOL!

PantiesPanties.jpg

AppleCori

Most of those in the picture are Antron Nylon, Apple, and you're right, they do look silky. I wear both nylon and cotton, but the nylon are superior under slacks, because they're sort of slippery.

I usually prefer cotton, too, because of the breathability, but sometimes the others are just too cute!

Edited to add: not the ones in th picture, though. Maybe comfortable, but Not cute!

Pink Elephant

I usually prefer cotton, too, because of the breathability, but sometimes the others are just too cute!
I love the natural fabric factor and breathability aspect of cotton, too, but you are so right, Apple, the nylon silky ones are nice for dress. I wear the nylon regularly, too, probably more so than the cotton, because of how light and comfortable they are.

AppleCori

I love the natural fabric factor and breathability aspect of cotton, too, but you are so right, Apple, the nylon silky ones are nice for dress. I wear the nylon regularly, too, probably more so than the cotton, because of how light and comfortable they are.

(I meant to quote the “are you dissing my choices” quote)

You caught that....I mean, no, not at all....

My hubby would be quite disappointed if I were to undress and reveal a big pair of grannies.....

Pink Elephant

You caught that....I mean, no, not at all....

My hubby would be quite disappointed if I were to undress and reveal a big pair of grannies.....
You're a little stinker! LOL! Oh, yes, I caught it. :)

Dear husband actually likes the old over the new or slinky. I wonder if (for guys) favouring elements of women's wear such as unmentionables, if it stems from their childhood, possibly related to memory as to what they remember their own mothers wearing. Seems like that's sort of how it goes with things.

AppleCori

You're a little stinker! LOL! Oh, yes, I caught it. :)

Dear husband actually likes the old over the new or slinky. I wonder if (for guys) favouring elements of women's wear such as unmentionables, if it stems from their childhood, possibly related to memory as to what they remember their own mothers wearing. Seems like that's sort of how it goes with things.

Funny, I read this memoir written by Danny Bonaduce (from the Partridge Family show) and he talked at one point about this older (teen) girl who gave him his first “experience”. He wrote that she wore the grannies (and no one shaved “there” at that time) and he said that look still turns him on!

So, yes, your theory is correct at least for some guys!

BusynMember

I doubt most guys know what their mothers wore lol. I asked my husband before posting and after the shocked look on his face he said, "How would I know?"

My husband doesn't care what I wear. I don't care what he wears. I wear what I want to wear. Him too.

Pink Elephant

Funny, I read this memoir written by Danny Bonaduce (from the Partridge Family show) and he talked at one point about this older (teen) girl who gave him his first “experience”. He wrote that she wore the grannies (and no one shaved “there” at that time) and he said that look still turns him on!

So, yes, your theory is correct at least for some guys!
Makes perfect sense to me. I sort of relate the same to young and growing children due to how impressionable they are. Maybe it's the young girl watching her mom smoke, and in turn, the girl takes up smoking in her later years, or wearing a certain style of clothing, or whatever have you. I believe the same holds true for adults, too, even if it's restricted to fever things. Interesting to ponder.

AppleCori

Makes perfect sense to me. I sort of relate the same to young and growing children due to how impressionable they are. Maybe it's the young girl watching her mom smoke, and in turn, the girl takes up smoking in her later years, or wearing a certain style of clothing, or whatever have you. I believe the same holds true for adults, too, even if it's restricted to fever things. Interesting to ponder.

It definitely explains my preference for hairy chests (on men)....

Pink Elephant

I doubt most guys know what their mothers wore lol. I asked my husband before posting and after the shocked look on his face he said, "How would I know?"

My husband doesn't care what I wear. I don't care what he wears. I wear what I want to wear. Him too.
I doubt it, too, but it was something that came to mind and I thought I'd toss it out there. Brainstorming the unknown has always interested me. Being able to formulate possible answers for such things keeps ones mind thinking.