Old Lincoln Logs ??

DDD

You all who are shoppers probably know. Where do you find a good
old fashioned can of wood Lincoln Logs? I want to get some for
the boys little sister for Christmas. I saw some on Ebay but I
hesitate to buy used toys from a stranger. :frown: She really likes the can of Tinker Toys I got her last year. They stay in the toy closet at my house for her to play with when she visits.

Last year I also "thought" I bought an old fashioned Lego set. Turned out that the pieces were teeney and not what I wanted for
my other hyper grandchild. Two years ago I had the dickens of a time finding a "baby" doll. The type you cart around by a leg one minute and "Mother" the next. Playing with Barbie just doesn't teach maternal instincts! :smile: DDD

DDD

I probably should have checked before posting. Last year I looked at Walmart and Kmart and they didn't have the "plain"
type. Thanks. DDD

I have had pretty good luck on Ebay for those harder to find items. Otherwise, do a google search for "Original" Lincoln logs.

We find the best baby dolls at Toys R Us. My kids are into baby dolls and not Barbies, thank goodness!! We have so many babies it is ridiculous, but when all my nieces and nephews are here, there ALL play house/babies, it is so cute seeing even the boys get involved!

Good luck with the Lincoln Logs. If I find any good ones, I will PM you are link.

Hugs,
Vickie

Sheila

I'm presently very reluctant to buy any toys for very young children with all the recalls involving lead.....sigh.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I was smart. I saved all of Travis' old Lincoln Logs. lol

We had such a tough time finding them for him, I wasn't letting go of the things for nothing!

I know kmart and wallie world have them, but I don't know if they're the old fashioned kind. You might try Toys R Us.

SRL

I've had great results with ebay--no problems as long as you buy from a seller with good feedback and make sure that the item is thoroughly described.

We have the wooden ones but I think the plastic ones would clean up a lot easier.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
I just saw them last week at Sams, or maybe it was Costco - I bought Natie some for Xmas there last year.

Marcie

DDD

Hmmm....my post triggered me to action. Decided I shouldn't be
a lazy thing although the idea is darn appealing. Anyway, Kmart
has the "originals" but only online. Maybe that is where my problem was last year with Kmart and Walmart..I checked at the
stores. She's not a baby so I'm not worried about objects in the
mouth but she enjoys playing with ONE type of toy in an area
that isn't cluttered...like all other ADHD kids her impulses overwhelm her when there are too many choices.

The Kmart sale ends 11/17 or so. I'm going to see if I can beat
the price somewhere before the deadline so..if you all see a
special let me know. Thanks. DDD

PS: Our sons are both terrific Dads and I think playing "house"
with real looking babies as youngsters helped teach the skills to
nurture...even if the babies were dragged upside down through the
dirt and upside down in the red wagons! LOL

busywend

Toys R Us has them. Big $$, in my humble opinion.

boyfriend is starting an 'old toy' collection.

So far:
Magic 8 ball
Etch A Sketch
This year: Rock em Sock em Robots.

DDD

Pam, I just visited that site for the first time and ended up doing a bit of shopping. They have the Christmas crackers (or
poppers) that I send to the other family members to have on their
Christmas Day tables. Yeah! That's done. They have some cool
retro candy selections which took care of some grandchildren too,
so my list is dwindlying. I hate to shop so it feels great when
I get some of it done. I did go with their Lincoln Logs as I
was convinced it was really really the Original..maybe ten bucks
more but it's behind me. Thanks for aiming me there. DDD