Old-timers...Blondie (Pico's sis) is back!!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Below is an email that I received from Blondie. She said it was ok to post. She's having posting problems. For those of you who don't know Blondie, she is the loving sis of Pico, who was a very prominent person on this board years ago. We all as a board family watched as Pico became ill and her venture to find a home for her two boys. She, unfortunately died of cancer.

Us oldies remember decorating her Christmas tree right before she passed...lots of cards, and a star in the sky.

Abbey!

Sweetheart, it is so great to hear that someone out there still remembers /even thinks about me from time to time, you just can't know. Means more than you'd ever believe. *snif*

We've had a series of, erm..."Stuff". For what seems centuries.

I have tried multiple times to log onto the CD Board in recent months but the last time I was able to manage it (and still not sure quite how I did????!!) was shortly after the Board had changed administration. To, I believe, a member named Cherie? (If I recall accurately, which may be dubious....).

So I can read but not post which is most frustrating, and none of the "fixes" I have tried have "Fixed" anything yet. SO I don't know what's best to do -- Re-register (auggh, the idea! lol; remebber all the different times over the years that we' ve all had to re-Reg because the Board crashed, or was re-vamped, or some techie-type stuff happened? lmbo ! :D )
Oh lordie that suddenly made me feel a thousand years old.

Pico's boys. Aahhh, there's a story. :(. ~sigh~ And a longish one.

They are both alive. For which thank God, Allah, and all the saints. And they are both/each goofballs (of two entirely different sorts, with a mutable area of overlap) which is having some fairly destructive fallout. Some of it on me (i.e.: Phone calls from creditors at all hrs and from bewildering places of "business", bc Tobe (elder, now 22 (!!!!) has put my name as a reference and my UNLISTED ph # on some dodgy financial transaction/credit app.... Yup. had lotsa those. The boy does not "get" financial management any more than his beloved mother, God bless her, did; but he's goofy with it, and she never was.

Jess (aka Fuzz, the younger) has pretty much disappeared and only surfaces when he's feeling like Mr Big Stuff or, more infrequently, when he has well and truly f88ked up and cannot keep it under wraps any more. To wit, he has moved about 50 miles away & last I heard (Tobe & I went out to lunch one day in Oct) he was in deep financial doodoo his own bad self.
Course, he thinks he's a cross between James Dean, Johnny Depp, and The Rock (or maybe a much younger Steven Seagal??) so admitting that he has screwed up is still a hard one for him because very little is EVER his fault, y'unnerstand. lol difficult child General Principle #1 pretty much, eh?

My own tribe are a whole 'nother thang. Or several. As is husband.

Am not doing well health-wise so that is problem one reason I've not exercised as much effort as I should-- and wanted - to, in trying to re-join Our community. I have been out of hospital this time for a bit less than 2 wks and have some v painful broken ribs etc, blah, yadda yadda.

I love you, Deb. Thank you for thinking of me. I am so lonesome sometimes I think I'll just pretty much die.

But ya know what Sis & I used say: "Life *****!....and then you DON'T die!!"
Heh. (You had to know Pico's humor with that statement.)

I have been following the tribulations, progresses, & setbacks of the "Old Guard" from time to time on the Board and feeling so badly that I am not being a proper supportive help and friend and listening ear to them, especially; let alone of course the hordes of 'newbies" who have joined us since I've last frequented the Boards as a valid contributing community member.

I Miss My Home. :*(

Love,

Blondie

P. S. Yes. Of course you may post this, or fwd it to the old-timers, or just as you like.

Gratefully,

The Blonde One

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Thanks for posting - I was just thinking of her and Pico the other day when SO and I were driving somewhere on the freeway, can't even remember where, but I remembering the day of Pico's funeral, I was on my way to see Danny who was incarcerated hours away,out in Podunk somewhere, and I jammed on my breaks, pulled over on the side of the freeway, jumped out of the car, pulled out a bottle of bubbles and started blowing bubbles with traffice wizzing by at 90 miles an hour because we had all agreed on this tribute to her at a particular time during the day and I almost missed it. I had forgotten to mention it to SO who was in the vehicle screaming at me asking me what in the H*** I was doing and have I had lost my freaking mind..

Both Pico and Blondie - they had/have a gift of words that would lift your spirits - Hope Blondie can find a way to navagate back to the board, and give us an update on her difficult child (2).

I am feeling REALLY old now knowing Tobe is 22....jeeze..

Blondie, if you are reading this - hugs to you

Marcie

Abbey

Spork Queen
I can't drive the freeway in CA without thinking of Pico when I pass Pico Drive. It's a good memory.:D

Abbey

Star*

call 911........call 911
Dear Blondie,

Since you have seemingly and unwillingly been reduced from posting/helping/humoring/aargh-ing to now being a lurrrrrrker - I shall post here my thoughts and well wishes.

I too have thought about you and husband from time to time. Pico usually crosses my path every year around Christmas. I'm convinced since we never met in life she wants to check on my tree in spirit. I decorate and some dang ornament always ends up in the oddest and most peculiar position. No bells ever ring - but it makes me wonder.

Sorry to hear about the boys - I had hoped the new parents would have been just the thing - sometimes wounds remain deep no matter what medicine we put on them. I am sure without a doubt - they did their best.

Your description of Fuzz - was just hilarious. I had images of a cross dressing pirate who knows karate, but speaks with a fake Native American accent. The body may be gone, but the brain dreams in technicolor.

It was good to see you lurk again - That could be your new name should you have to register again - The Blond Lurker

Hugs
Star
(author does NOT admit to being an OLD timer - author does not deny she may frequent a shoe full of Early Times - but that's for another story)

DammitJanet

Hey Blondie...I for one miss you greatly. We have to get Cheryl to get you back on here! The new folks need your good advice.

This really reminds me to move all my files from my old computer over to this one because I have all my old Pico posts saved.

Nancy

Oh wow Deb, thanks so much for posting this.

Blondie, you are not going to believe this but I have been thinking about you lately. My mom always had this thing where she would think about people right before she would learn something about them or cross paths with them....after years of absence. I inherited that gift from her and it happens all the time.

I'm so glad to hear from you and about the boys but wish it was better news.

I miss the old gang. We had our laughs and our cries and you and Pico had so much wisdom to pass onto us.

I hope you get your posting problems figured out and get well enough so you can pop in every so often. Take care of yourself and know that you are thought of by a lot of people.

Nancy

Tiapet

Old Hand
Thanks for posting this!

Blondie,

Lost the last email from year from so long ago. :( I have wanted to send you word of how things turned out. I'm happy to see this from you and sending my best wishes and warmest thoughts for you. I do hope the problem gets fixed so that you can post too. For now, feel the love from all of us to you like a warm blanket.

Tia

Blondie

I'm gonna try this one more time..

It'll let me log in but every time I hit "Submit Post" it tells me I am not logged in. Which is wierd.

I had a great big huge post all typed out and atm I am too exhausted to try to reconstitute it, but I only want to say one thing right now:

I love you.
I need you.(tough one for me to admit, ever)
Stuff is rough, but it could be rougher, and laughter lightens the load, right?
I will see you all soon.

Tears and laughter and much love,
The Infamous Blonde One

slsh

member since 1999
Blondie - I also, hand to heaven, was just thinking about you and Pico's boys this weekend, wondering how things were going. Somehow the boys' ages just shock me. Time flies and all that, I guess.

We need you too, dear one.

And Tia - I see you sneaking in here - holy cow, difficult child#1 is 16? Good to see you're still lurking as well.

Hugs to you both!

Abbey

Spork Queen
My gosh...Tiapet!! So good to see you're still around. :) I feel so old right now.:peaceful:

Blondie...you're on!! Don't be a stranger.

Abbey

Estherfromjerusalem

Oooooh! Blondie! Something in my heart went "twang" when I saw your name here. I have to admit, very shamefully, that I have NOT been thinking of you recently, but I didn't realize that I have truly been missing you until my heart leaped when I saw your name. It was good to hear from you and about you -- well, you didn't really tell us about yourself, but about Pico's boys.

I look forward to hearing more about you again, and catching up after all this time. These are not easy years that we are all going through. I don't really post about my difficult child these days because he p**ses me off so much that I can't bear talking about him, but maybe one day soon.

Welcome back -- we are all hugging you.

Love, Esther

DDD

How awesome it is to know that I am not "old timer" enough to share memories with you, Blondie. :D on the other hand, I am very aware of you and Pico and the devotion of the CD family that has withstood the passing of time. I'm sure I recall Joybells speaking highly of you and your sister on many occasions as well.

Welcome back. DDD

Tiapet

Old Hand
Abbey & Slsh,

Always have been lurking all these years. Can't help not too!

Yes difficult child#1 (the original!) is 16 and driving and not so much a difficult child anymore. Now have the other 2 turned difficult child, middle one however rivals #1 in ways one can not imagine (scarier).

Thanks for the welcome though. Feels good!
:)

Star*

call 911........call 911
Tiapet -

WOW Now I do feel like an old timer - your difficult child is 16???

(time flies) - Good to see you lurking or posting -

Hugs
Star

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Well how fun to find two old friends popping in today. Blonde One and Tia.......we've been through so much together. I hope you won't be strangers.

Big, BIG hugs,
Suz

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Blondie

I does a heart good to see you here! I certainly hope it can be fixed so you're able to post. Gives me a nice feeling to know that you've been lurking though.

We love you and need you too, dear.

And I'm not admitting to being old either. lol

(((hugs)))

PS in case you don't know who I am I'm TMom. :D

Fran

Former desparate mom
Blondie give us an update on the kids. I wondered about your son. How is he doing?
I was thinking of the wedding of your daughter as you glued seed pearls to white tennis shoes? How are things with her?
Hope your health leaves you with the energy to give us an update.

Tiapet, it's good to see you around and know you have been keeping up with us oldsters.

Blondie

Lol FRAN!

It was gluing lace & seed pearls to FLIP FLOPS (!!!) :devil2:, girl, get it right! roflmbo

That has become known in our family as "the Million Dollar Wedding Followed By The 15-Minute Marriage" (not in front of Cheney tho.) Grrr Literaly took 22 months to plan and much much less for it to reach the "Uhhh....no fun, all done!" stage.

I will write an update, problem tomorrow or later tonight. I've a doctor appointment in a few, and getting dressed with-broken ribs is unfun & worse, it's way sloooow!

I have so much to say to many of you (watch out) and it'll probably never all get said, but anyway. I am beyond tickled to be back.

Oh and DDD? Nice try. :D I SOO remember you, lady. But you have it your way, mkay?

:love-very: & laters,

Blondie