older kids visit Santa??

K

Kjs

I think I am going to take difficult child, the neighbor two kids and make them visit Santa. Even though that time has gone, I try to keep the magic of the season. After all...how will Santa know what to bring?

meowbunny

I'd hate to imagine the teasing they would get if any of their peers saw them. There is a time that the magic comes from the heart and not from Santa. At 13, I'd say it is time for the heart to take over.

slsh

member since 1999
Kjs - I'm with you. Taking all 4 of the kids to see Santa on Saturday - complete with photo.

It's a part of the magic of the season in our family. I think it's important to hold onto the child-like wonder and hope. Certainly other parts of the holiday give that opportunity as well but for us, anyway, Santa is an integral part of the season.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I don't think you're ever too old to visit Santa. My sister and I had our pics taken with the old elf a few years ago and sent it to our mom. It was fun~

However, there are those couple of tween years when I can see some kiddos not thinking it's very cool. Take 'em anyway! Haha.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
This is something I'd definately go along with how difficult child feels about it. 13 is an awkward age at best. No need to make it worse with the potential for severe peer teasing if he's seen. Especially if it's not really something he wants to do.

Travis wanted to see Santa at 13, we didn't get pics, and he used Nichole as an excuse, although he really did want to see him. Travis still believed in Santa clear up til I think he was 16 and I finally just had to tell him otherwise. (took alot of convincing too)

However at 13 Travis' "developmental" age was at about 5 yrs.

Hugs

13 is an iffy age. It can go one of 2 ways. Either he will be way too embarrassed, or completely unashamed and not care what anyone thinks.

Besides, Christmas break starts today. The kids will forget in 2 weeks.

(take him!)

K

Kjs

I do not think difficult child would be embarrassed. I think he would enjoy it. We had a really fun talk before school today. I think his friends would join him.

DammitJanet

Can you borrow a toddler? Then he can save face in going to see Santa in case anyone sees him. Or...he can always say what my kids said.

He can blame it all on you. He can tell everyone that if he ever told you that he didnt believe that you told him Santa wouldnt come...lol. My kids continued to tell me they believed in Santa until they turned 18 simply because when they were about 7 or so and asked me if he was real I told them that if Santa wasnt real then there was no reason for Santa to come...lmao.

DJ, that's the best answer about Santa I've heard... I'm going to file it away in the back of my mind for easy child 1 when she starts asking questions.