Oldest difficult child turned 22 today...

lovemysons

I am so thrilled that my oldest difficult child has survived some very ugly drug days and all that involved (rehabs/hospitals/jail/prison)...

I had all 3 of the kids here this afternoon and added some new pics to my flickr page.
Here it is to view

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13271215@N05/

I am grateful that oldest difficult child no longer uses drugs...still drinks unfortunately. But he is working hard and is still with his 32 yr old girlfriend...so I guess their doing well.

Also young difficult child will have his pacemaker surgery this Wed am...please think a good thought say a prayer for him...thank you.

Love,
Tammy

everywoman

Happy 22nd to your difficult child. I hope that all of his wishes (and yours for him) come to fruition.
God bless him.

lovemysons

Thank you everywoman...
As you know, living with a drug addict...my first born, means crying out to G-d to Please save my beautiful boy. So, in many ways, my wishes have come true. He is really doing well these days, is responsible, and even talking about buying a house with his girlfriend. He just recently became a "daddy" lol...he financed a $1,200 white scottish terrier...she is the cutest. I'ver already grandpuppy sat for difficult child, lol.
He named her "Lillie" he said it was either Lille or Layla and he said he chose Lillie cause he used to know a stripper named Layla, roll eyes.

Tammy

DammitJanet

I didnt realize he was a year younger than Cory. And born two days after Keyana...how bout that! I do think they start getting their act together as they start hitting this age. Certainly has for Cory.

I was thinking about youngest difficult child today and hoping things were going well. I will be praying for him on Wednesday.

lovemysons

That is something...those Gemini's are charming lil devils aren't they, lol.

I think you're right...they've made so mistakes by now they're actually starting to learn from them. I know I've read that your Cory takes responsibility for his Past dumb decisions...oldest difficult child is like that too. Has so many regrets about not continuing football in his younger days, not finishing school etc. He is slowly but surely maturing.
Now...if I could just see some improvement in my young difficult child, yikes...he's another issue.

by the way, young difficult child is Living at our house, AGAIN. I took him to his Pre Op appointment this morning and will likely be the one to take him to surgery on Wednesday. Thank you for the prayers for him, Janet. You're a sweety.

Love,
Tammy

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I am proud of big difficult child. 22 hopefully is a turning point.
I will be sending out a prayer and a good thought on Wednesday as well.

Mattsmom277

Happy Birthday to your difficult child. I always have enjoyed the lovely family pictures.
I've got prayers being said for young difficult child Wed. and for a fast recoup period.
I bet the new pup is adorable.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Buhhhhh NOoo.........okay HOW old am I anyway? MY WORD - the last picture I had in my head of your kids was a bit older than Joey but NOT looking as big as their Dad. ;)

You have a lovely family Tammy. Of course, prayers going, going gone all the time.

Hugs
Star

Lothlorien

Didn't young difficult child just move back in? I guess that was short-lived. Why is he having a pacemaker surgery? Is this a new problem or has he always had heart problems? So young for that.

Happy birthday to older difficult child!

lovemysons

Thanks yall for the good wishes for oldest difficult child and the thoughts/prayers for young difficult child.

Yes Loth...Young difficult child did move in then moved back out then moved back, lol, again yesterday, then his wife showed up at the house last night and spent the night with him and took him home with her today...So I have no idea at this point WHERE young difficult child is living, lol...I think the docs need to look at his brain as well his heart tomorrow. sigh.

Yes, he is young To have these heart issues. Just recently discoverd. He does say that his heart "looks" healthy, it's the electrical misfiring in his heart that's the problem from what I understand.

They are going to do ONE more test before going ahead and doing the pacemaker surgery tomorrow. It's called an EP study. Then so long as it's not related to his thyroid they will go ahead and do the surgery. He will stay overnight in the hospital. husband myself and mom will be there when he wakes up from surgery. He is very anxious about all of this but also feels that his anxiety saved his life...otherwise he would not have gone to so many doctors/hospitals trying to find out whats wrong with him.
I still say he's bipolar (like me) and was diagnosis when he was 14 with bipolar. He really needs to be treated for that too.

Tammy

Mattsmom277

Woke up thinking of your family and your young difficult child today. I hope that surgery is smooth and recoup is quick. Also that he's a "good patient', not a "cranky" one ;)

Please be sure to update us when you have a chance.
Saying prayers and sending healing vibes from here!!

M.

DDD

I'm thinking of you and yours this week. What a rollercoaster ride the boys have been! Hugs. DDD