Oliver (fka Buster) is visiting this weekend

flutterby

Fly away!
As I stumbled out of bed this morning with my eyes barely half open, I stepped in dog poop. Barefoot. :sick:

So not a good way to start the day. It's a good thing I like him.

He does use the pee pad for pee, though. Gotta give him credit.

And he's curled up in my lap as I type this.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
You give him some extra doggie snuggles and smooches from his Nana Daisy!!! :D :D :D

by the way I think the poo thing was to see if ya still wub him. lol

flutterby

Fly away!
by the way I think the poo thing was to see if ya still wub him. lol

Uh huh. :tongue:

He's a bit spoiled by my mom. She left a bag of stuff with written instructions. Exactly how to do the food, how much, how to mix it, warm up in the microwave the food that was in the fridge (half a can of food mixed with dry at a time - so the other half is in the fridge). I have to microwave it for exactly 7 seconds.

:rofl:

And after all that, he wouldn't eat. :anxious:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
How long has it been since he's visited?? That might have something to do with it. You've got new baby kitties and such now.....maybe he's distracted??

Wow, food warmed up in the microwave, huh?? easy child is gonna LOL when I tell her. Talk about spoiled. ;)

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
When my dogs stay anywhere else they sometimes don't eat or eat very little. If he's only staying the weekend he won't starve if he doesn't eat. I'd just let him decide what he wants. If he picks up that you are worried it will only make him more stressed and then he really won't eat.

Suz

flutterby

Fly away!
He visits fairly frequently, but he doesn't often stay the night. He's not about to let my mom leave without him! But, both she and my stepdad are out of town this weekend.

I figure he'll eat when he gets hungry. I'm sure he'll help himself to some of the cat food at some point. He always liked that. :tongue:

He's acting fine in every other way, so I'm not going to worry. He even took a nap with me earlier and has spent the rest of the time in my lap.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
My dog is a 'bad' eater. Instead of him gulping down his daily ration, he gets it in the AM and noshes on it all day like cats often do.

He has been boarded when I travel at the same kennel for nearly six years. He LOVES the management there (to the point that when I drop him off he goes "whoo-hoo!" and jumps all over the place)

Despite that, he still seems to alternate days when he eats with days when he either nibbles here and there or simply refuses food entirely.

Buster's staying with you is a huge change in pack dynamics and it is actually NORMAL for many dogs to not eat or not eat well under these circumstances.

I wouldn't be at all worried so long as he is excreting and otherwise behaving normally.

The microwaving the wet food serves to melt any gelatin in the can and it releases more of the aroma.

My cat won't touch cold wet food and if I give him actual meat I have to warm it up to 'blood temperature' before he'll eat it. At the same time, Mr. Picky won't touch it if it is actually cooked.