OMG - At least we aren't Kate Gosselin!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Mom is a control freak. Seriously. She admitted as much on the series several times, not to mention you can see it in this interview. Trust me, I grew up with a control freak.

Unfortunately, she would be a control freak regardless of whether or not cameras ever came into their lives. Perhaps she'd have even been MORE severe (highly likely) because she wouldn't have had the entire country watching her every move.

I think all such shows should be eliminated. Someone's daily life is not entertainment. If we're that desperate for entertainment in this country then we have some serious issues of our own as a society. Same goes for just about all the rest of the so called "reality" shows.

witzend

I think all such shows should be eliminated. Someone's daily life is not entertainment. If we're that desperate for entertainment in this country then we have some serious issues of our own as a society. Same goes for just about all the rest of the so called "reality" shows.

I couldn't agree more.

dstc_99

Control freak is so true! But I know parents who are worse or just like that with their kids. Those parents don't have to worry that their kids mistakes and failures will end up as news. I think I would be more controlling if I thought my kids would be exploited.

Then again she did put them in the spotlight in the first place. Maybe that old double edged sword.

Sent from my iPhone using ConductDisorders

witzend

Kate's comment now is that the girls were "caught off guard". Huh? Whose job is it to protect (guard) them from the prying eyes of the media, and who brought them to The Today Show?

I'm not sure how she thinks she's going to make people have a better perception of her with statements like that.