OMG can't get this gallbladder out soon enough!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Just had my 4th and WORST gallbladder attack -- :holymoly: I thought I was in labor it was that bad... about an 8 this time. Thankfully it only lasted about 40 minutes and then wow, it was like a curtain lifted! Whew!

husband was a basket case -- wanted to rush me off to the ER. I took 2 ibuprofen first, and then insisted on calling the nurses line before going anywhere. By the time the nurse called back, the pain was down to a 2 and falling. She said all the ER would do is manage my pain.

My appointment with the surgeon is this Wednesday, and after this evening's excitement, if there was any doubt in my mind about needing this surgery, it's completely gone now!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
No fun in the least. I hope the surgeon can schedule it pretty quickly if the attacks are getting that bad.

((hugs))

LittleDudesMom

Here's hoping the appointment goes well tomorrow and the doctor schedules this asap - you can be back up and running for the holidays in no time if they schedule it soon! I know you know this, just be careful what you eat until then...

Hugs,
Sharon

crazymama30

I hope the surgeon can get you on his schedcanule soon. I hope too they can do it lap and not open, that is pretty much all the do anymore. It is, as surgery goes, an eady one to recover from.

shellyd67

Oh gosh, I sure can relate. I had a major attack in June and ended up in the ER and walked the halls crying in pain until the Dr. came in to see me 2HRS later ... I had mine out a few weeks later.

Recovery isn't so bad and you will feel a sigh of relief knowing you will never have to suffer that again ! GOOD LUCK !!!

P

PatriotsGirl

Do be prepared to be laid up for at least a few days, though. It is easy to recover from, yes, but it was a few days before I was able to get up and move around...I took a week off of work and needed it. Hope they schedule you soon!! Those atacks are no fun at all. I still remember them vividly.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Hope they get that puppy out soon. I have never had gall bladder problems but have diverticilutis and from what you describe, feelings are the same - being pregnant but dialiated to a 9 and producing nothing for the effort LOL - only mine doesnt really go away and eating makes it worse so I just don't eat hardly anything - who knew someone could live on baked/mashed potatoes and soup broth for three months (but shopping for new clothes helps ease the pain :p

Marcie

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Thanks everyone :)

My mom's already warned me that I'll probably not want to be taking the stairs up to our bedroom for a few days. Good thing we have a comfortable couch!

I just want to get it over with!!

susiestar

Roll With It
(((((hugs)))))

Be sure to tell the surgeon that you CANNOT wait and cannot stand it anymore. This will help them schedule you faster. Unless he gives you a date in just a couple of days, call his office anytime you have even a TWINGE of pain that you think is from the gallbladder. DON"T try to be tough or patient - all that does is let them postpone things. If the pain is severe, frequent, or you "whine" then they will get you in sooner. been there done that with some other things. The doctor who did my hysterectomy is not just awesome, he is also a family friend and he told me that the more you complain of pain/problems, the higher priority you become. Trying to not bother them, to tough it out, to be a "good girl" the way we were raised, well, that just means you hurt more, hurt longer, and gives things a LOT higher risk of becoming more complicated or even life threatening.

Don't think of it as whining or complaining, think of it as being honest and telling "the whole story", even if the doctor acts annoyed or like you are a bother or PITA. Some docs just do. THEY are the ones with the problem - they are idjits. Or so he told me, and so I have seen.

So emphasize the awfulness of these attacks, and push for a fast date for that surgery!!!

I am so sorry you hurt so much!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
When I booked the consult, the nurse/receptionist/whomever I spoke with said the surgeon is only scheduled out a few weeks and she felt pretty certain he could get me in before the end of the year for the procedure. So fingers crossed! I'll update tomorrow evening when I know more (my appointment's at 4pm PST).

In the mean time I'm trying really, really hard to eat foods that are safe (non- or low-fat) and remember the agony I was in last night when something like a burger or cheese starts calling to me!:morecrackers:

shellyd67

I ate the same things for weeks before the surgery and actually lost 15 lbs.

I was scared to death to eat anything high in fat and that was greasy etc... It did stink though but that one attack thru me for a loop.

I to this day have not had a pork chop because that was what sent me into the attack and it has been 6 months since I had mine out ... LOL

I quit smoking and couldn't eat yummy stuff all at once. I was one miserable lady !

Remember to hug a pillow when coughing, laughing and even getting up and down. It helps ease the pain a little... Again, wishing you all the best and a speedy recovery ...

Star*

call 911........call 911
You know...........

When I said "get some kind of madoldy that would render you impaired from now until next Christmas starting Christmas Day of THIS year." I didn't mean HAVE a flippin' gall bladder attack to get out of going to husband's crazy families microwaved gin and tonic reunion. :groan:

Feel Better Soon - Okay CHickie?

Hugs & Love

Steely

My Aunt just had hers removed, and she also lost 15 lbs. She is happier and healthier than she has ever looked. They were able to do it laproscopily (sp) and she was up and going in days. She came out to my house 10 days later and was raking leaves.

GOOD LUCK - you will be SO happy.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Fifteen pounds... 15 pounds... 15 pounds...

Man, if I could just get that in writing! :rofl:

I need to lose about 15 x 4 and life would be oooooh so gooooood! :winks: Hmmm... probably don't have four gallbladders. What ELSE can I prune off this old bod?