OMG difficult child was just on the news

Nancy

husband and I are sitting here watching the news and they are doing a story on a bill they are trying to pass that requires welfare recipients to undergo drug testing before they receive their benefits and who do they interview right outside the welfare office????? Yep difficult child! They ask her her opinion and she says she just did a drug test for her job and said "welllif you have something to hide then don't get assistance." Nothing like the pot calling the kettle black.

The only good thing I guess is that she did take my suggestions today and went down to apply for assistance.

I am waiting for the phone to start ringing with all the family/friends who saw our daughter identified on the screen as "difficult child Welfare Recipient."

Nancy

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Nancy...

After all she has put you through... The incredulous look on my face (after I snorted in an unladylike fashion at her comment) is probably coming right through the screen.

But... I hope she DID take your advice... OMG.

Nancy

Yeah my husband said....of all the times we have given her advice she has to pick this day to take it. We almost choked when we saw it.

Nancy

buddy

unbelievable. well, as you said at least she followed a suggestion, but wow. So you think she passed the test?

Kathy813

Staff member
Unfortunately, one thing that my difficult child learned from her stay at the halfway house was how to fool drug tests. According to her, it is very easy to do.

Nancy, what else is left for our difficult child's? Sheesh. It just gets better and better. :bag:

~Kathy

That is unbelievable! You must have been so shocked to see her on tv! I can't even imagine what is next for you with your difficult child!

Hopeless

....Hopeful Now
I was going to say unbelievable but then realized it is something that would happen with my difficult child too. They really have their own thinking process. Sending you hugs!

Ephchap

Nancy, my jaw dropped when I read this. O M G. I'm sure you and husband were just stunned. LOL about the first time she ever actually listens and takes advice. Our difficult child's lifestyle is THEIR choice though. We often have to remind ourselves of this fact.

Sending hugs ... to you and to husband.
Deb

DammitJanet

What really is astounding to me is she obviously cant apply the complete hypocrisy in what she said! Even if she isnt getting much in the way of governmental services, she is taking charity in some form or other. She is certainly not supporting herself completely.