OMG He better never touch my kid

klmno

What an idiot. I hope he does time in jail- and not just 2 days. It was bad enough to read that he thought he had some right to discipline a passer-byer's child, then to read that he actually slapped the child several times, but when I read that the child was 2yo, it sent me over the edge. That is child abuse in my book.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'm kinda surprised the mom didn't report him after his first threatening comment. I wouldn't have waited around to see if he'd make good on it...

That's pretty shocking someone would actually DO that. Crazy.

DammitJanet

I have seen some parents in Walmart that I have wanted to slap. Many in fact. A few rowdy teens too. But a 2 year old? Sheesh! I am glad they got him on a felony. If some idiot ever laid hands on my girls, well, it wouldnt be pretty and they would need a mop and a bucket to come for a clean up in isle 2.

susiestar

Roll With It
Oh No! I would NOT be forgiving him that fast. I would be hounding him and anyone he knows until he did some jail time and some sort of restitution for my child's pain and suffering. A nice vacation on a cruise to Disney or something comes to mind.

You just DO NOT go hitting a child. NOT unless you want to be abused. He might not have hands to slap anyone with.

Why was it HIS job to patrol and police crying children? Why is the crying child to be punished? A 2yo just does not have the verbal skills to tell you what is wrong much of the time. So they cry until you figure it out. Sometimes it cannot be fixed, but physical abuse never solves it.

It is a slap if it is ONE time. To slap a child more than once is a beating. Open handed or not it is a beating.

I really hope the family sues for pain and suffering. That child will probably be afraid of people who look like the man and maybe all men. My kids would have been afraid for a very long time, possibly even afraid to go back into that store.

I just HATE people who do this kind of thing. Adults are supposed to have better self control. HE could have left the store.

I hope the store bans him for life. Walmart is very proactive with the police. A friend's husband was a parole officer. he handled the sexual abusers. They came to him with video tape showing a man pulling a little girl under a round display of dresses and then she came out about a minute later with her clothes messed up. His face was visible when he came out. The mom didn't even know - the girl was following Mom and siblings in a line (like ducks following their mom) and she was hardly gone. Walmart reported it even though it might have resulted in bad publicity for them. They also got rid of the round display racks at most stores after this.

This man better get what is coming to him. GRRRR. I bet if he has a wife or girlfriend they are truly disgusted with them. If he has kids of his own then CPS needs to do an investigation to see how he has abused them!

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
This is so sad. I was at Target today and a young boy was so distraught that all I wanted to do was love him and hug him the way I used to comfort my boys. I miss those years. This man has missed out on a lot of love. His loss, but this is cruel and uncalled for. I would have attacked him had he done this to my kid.

mstang67chic

Going Green
I'm with Janet....Cleanup in Aisle 2....and 3....4....5 and 7.

And maybe some discounted canned goods that just need a good rinsing.