OMG It's only Tuesday??!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm already more than ready for the weekend. :tongue: That is sooooooo not a good sign.

Monday I had Rowdy get attacked. Which threw off my whole day. Got to Chemistry and I think my partner and I totally blew our experiment. Professor kept saying we were doing it right so we didn't stop and start over. But the whole point of it was to make apirin......we got nuthin'. Zip. Zero. Everyone else had a small pile of white powder. Professor kept saying it happens even when you do everything right. Yeah, sure. Just wait until we get the big fat F on the lab. ugh

Did manage to do ok on the anatomy exam, got the highest score in the class. BUT over half the class got below 40 so we're retaking the darn thing on thursday! grrrr (why can't these people study? they had the whole weekend!) So that added a test to my week.

Forced myself to go to the sign language class as I was tired as all get out......Then thought ok, this is my fun class. Had fun until the instructor had us pair up to practice. Guess who I get?? The one 18 yr old bimbette in the class who hasn't practiced a single thing since the first day. She can't go beyond spelling her name. And we're supposed to be asking each other our names, where we're from, where we live, and our addresses, plus how many sibs we have. Since Air Head only knew her first name, we didn't get past that point because we weren't allowed to speak verbally and she couldn't sign to me cuz she didn't know how, and I was signing to her and she didn't have a clue as to what the heck I was saying. So we wind up looking like idiots in front of the whole class.:mad:

I asked her how she thought she was going to get thru this class without practicing. She said "I'm too busy". I laughed. C'mon, you're 18. lol What in blazes can keep you so busy you can't practice sign? (you can do it anywhere) "I watch my niece and nephew and they're just toddlers" Since I was in a foul mood by then I told her "Honey, I watch my 2 grandkids who are 2 and 4, I run a household of 5, cook and clean, and am a full time student AND I still find plenty of time to practice!"

Sign language teacher decided our first test is thursday. Oh, goody. Not.

Killer chemistry test is tomorrow. While I know much more than I did, I still don't feel comfortable with it. easy child said she'll come over tomorrow and help me study while sister in law fixes the back gate. I'm getting up bright and early to study, but this evening I'm giving my burnt out brain a break. :faint:

So now 2 extra tests on thursday. Just what I needed. blah

Ok whine/vent over.

I

Ilovemyson

Yup, been there, am currently there.......

I despise school right now. Between being sick for the last three weeks, Beaner breaking his ankle, and then exams, I am ready for a break!!!

THEN, to find out that one of the classes that I MUST have in Fall/Spring or Spring/summer is only offered in the evenings, for which I do not have a guaranteed sitter. So now I must go to financial aid and see if I can get summer aid of any kind, if not then I have to wait and extend my schooling one more year and add more loan money to pay back!!!!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Mega ((((hugs)))) to ILMS! I was just thinking about PMing you to see how things were going for you. Dang, miss you around here.

Yep. That's why I have to force myself to go to sign language. It's in the evenings and by then I'm pretty wiped out. But if I wanted to do it, it's only offered in the evenings because the instructor works at a school district. Fall was the only opportunity to take the first class.

Any way you could save your refunds from each quarter to pay for that class you need to take in the spring/summer? That's what Nichole is doing. Because she took summer classes again, she'll run out by spring, so she's putting her refunds into a savings account.

With you being sick and Beaner being hurt and laid up, no wonder you're burnt out right now.

((hugs))

F

flutterbee

What a week! And it's only Tuesday! :faint:

I would be furious with the 18 year old too busy to practice - and with the students who didn't bother to study and now you ALL have to retake the test. If you got a good grade, any way you could get the teacher to give you a pass?

At least in 2 more days you can take a deep breath and relax a bit - at least for a couple days.

ILMS, I hope you're feeling better soon and can get the summer aid thing worked out.

(((hugs))) to you both.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Are you sure it is only Tuesday? I feel like it is Thursday... not good enough to be Friday.
K woke manic. 5 am she is/has been on a down hill slide. We are worried... she has been down all day and in a very weird mood. N peed the bed. Oh and when I was rushing to take a 5 minute shower so I could do my volunteer time at the School I was walking out of the bathroom to find K holding the huge heavy dog brush over 5 pound Annie the Calico Cat's head! Yep, let it drop right on top of her. I yelled and she screamed "I tried to stop myself".
She has been like this for a week, like she is just reacting, not really cognizant of what she is doing.
Oh and the in-laws are in town, but mother in law's Dad is very sick so... everyone is very stressed about if he is "really sick" or just the flu? And it was mother in law's Birthday today... but Dad was sick.
And I am not sleeping... tonight I will.
So ladies here is to the weekend!!! I am in on the pity party...
How is Rowdy?
How is Beaner?
How are all of the ladies??? Get some rest... it is Hump day in the morning, halfway through!!!

Andy

What is the 18 yr doing taking a class that she can not keep up in? If it is required for her for whatever, she better be practicing. She can practice on the toddlers.

I found that the littlest kids are intrigued with sign language. They love the flowing hands and fingers even if they are not sure what it means. When easy child was a toddler, I was amazed I still remembered how to sign a few Christmas songs. She loved watching White Christmas and Silent Night and they were fun to sign.

You both are amazing - I don't think I would be able to take such heavy duty classes as you are right now. I am going to stick to teaching Sunday School and helping with 2nd grade Social Studies. My 1st day was today with the 2nd graders - I have three students and LOVED the thirty minutes I had with them. I just hope they can do well on their tests so I can continue with this.

Wiped Out

Staff member
That was exactly my question when leaving work today, it's only Tuesday? Surely a day or two must have passed!

Wow Daisy, your two days sounds about two weeks worth of stuff at least! I hope the rest of your week calms down a bit.

by the way, I've always wanted to learn sign language-how cool that you are doing it!:)

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
I am sensing a mental health day coming on!

2morrow is difficult child II's 12th b-day, I have nothing done, nothing ready and I have family coming for cake in the evening!

I need a break!

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
you know i was wondering this very thing for myself. I feel like i have done way more stuff than is rightly normal for only two days. Looking ahead is bleak.

I mean yesterday we drove the three hours to difficult child 1 had an hour meeting a short visit (if you call it that) then three hours back. Taught my first of many hours of babysitting to middle schoolers. Then went to a disaster meeting.

Today I got up did my janitor job, did a presentation to the ministerial organization in our county for disaster preparedness, worked at the red cross office, drove to easy child 's swim meet, sat through that and came home.

Tommorow is conferences for easy child and genealogy. Thursday is a blood drive all day. And friday I teach a cpr class in the morning. Saturday is another meet, Sunday is another cpr class and in the afternoon and info gathering meeting to see if easy child can do an international youth embassador thing.

I don't want to look at next week. Keeping up with this one is too much. But I know it is equally busy.

I feel your pain and join in the pity party/ whine also.

beth

Abbey

Spork Queen
I would be such a thorn in the side to slip the teacher a note: Hello. I can do sign language. Anytime you want to see it, just ask. But, DON'T put me with a moron 18 year old that doesn't give a crud of what she does. I do.

That really frustrates me. As a teacher, I NEVER assigned group projects for that simple reason. Let me on my own, I'm fine. Pair me with people...it's like an anchor going down. I'm not saying others are not stupid, it's that people work differently and many times it doesn't mesh.

In the end, I'm glad it's Tuesday as I have Wednesday off!!!

Abbey

Marguerite

A thought - if 18 yo floozie hasn't been studying & hasn't got a clue, then sign away to your heart's content as much of a rant about her slack lack of study, as you feel like. Make sure the teacher sees what you are signing.

Marg