OMG! It's SNOWING!!!

F

flutterbee

Ok. Which one of you forgot to tell them it's SPRING???? :hearye:

And not piddly little pathetic snow. Big, fat, heavy snowflakes. It's not sticking to the ground, but it's sticking to the bushes. I was letting the dog out so had the back light on and there is this heavy snow and a MOTH flying around the light. That's not something you see everyday.

It was 82 degrees on Friday. Unreal.

Marguerite

It's been snowing in the south east of Australia, too. They are saying that the temperatures tonight in Sydney are likely to be the coldest on record, for April. And last night was darn cold!

For us, snow in April is almost unheard of. The southern Alps got 15 cm the other day, more yesterday. But it was also snowing just to the west of Sydney, in Lithgow and Bathurst as well as in the Blue Mountains. I mean, it sometimes snows there maybe on the coldest days of winter, every other year, so to snow in April before winter has even started - amazing.
I saw the newspaper photos of it today. Again, like yours - big, fat flakes.

Growing up in Sydney, within easy sight of the Blue Mountains (an hour's drive away) I never saw snow until a week-long school trip took us to the southern snowfields one August. A thin smear of ice, and we thought it was snow. I never saw snow falling until a few years ago, never REALLY saw big flakes in quantity until last year in New Zealand.

We're heading in to more of this, but at least you're going to get your summer soon. I hope you didn't have any spring flowers trying to struggle through the soil.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
We had the same snow here yesterday! I sure wish Spring would decide to stick around. I hated turning on my furnace this weekend. I want to turn it off and leave it off! I want to open windows! I want leaves on the trees and flowers blooming (not in my yard as I don't have any but in other people's yeards)!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
OMG! Heather you keep that snow up there where you are. I don't want it down this way!! EEEK

Weren't we at 80 degrees just the other day?? sigh

Andy

And here I thought we took the end of the winter snow with 15 + inches this last weekend. Sorry we were not more selfish and kept it from going your way. What's a few more inches once you hit the 12 inch marker?

What a strange year! While we can see snow in April, it is usually not more than an inch or two and then gone by the end of the day. I have pictures of a morning snow and take the same pictures of green grass in the evening.

I hear talk of more coming this weekend! My easy child plans on driving 4 hours in the middle of nowhere to attend a prom with her cousin - the weather needs to behave.

4sumrzn

Gotta repeat DaisyLover.....keep it there. I DID have to turn the heat on last night, but want NO PART of ANYMORE snow, forget it! I was enjoying the windows open, getting the patio furniture out, cutting the grass & even getting a little sun! Gotta love this Ohio weather....the only place you can have the air conditioner & heat on in the same week (I avoid that, but neighbors don't).

SRL

We had rain mixed with snow and sleet for awhile there yesterday but it cleared off...just in time for an all day outdoor field trip I'm chaperoning tomorrow.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Well we had triple-digit temps here in Orange County, CA all weekend, AND yesterday, too. Wanna trade?

KTMom91

It was 90 degrees in Central CA yesterday...had to turn on the swamp cooler! The wind came up last night, so it's only supposed to be 80 today.

F

flutterbee

We have lots of things in bloom. The trees are filling out, the lilac bushes are looking and smelling wonderful, the Bradford Pears are just gorgeous.

And we have a freeze warning tonight. Sigh.

It did this last year in April, too, and the Bradford Pears didn't recover the rest of the year.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I would wonder -------

If it were to snow everywhere on the 4th of July - that by the 5th of July people would start taking recycling seriously and begin to want to know more about Global warming.

:confused:

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Really Star, come on... It gets warm every year and cold every year...it's been happening for, like, hundreds of years!!! Global Warming!!! They are just making that stuff up...:scared::frozen::hot::heh::heh::heh:

It has been snowing STILL in Idaho, they have broken every record... hmmm
And here in Tucson it has been in the upper 90's, they were saying on the news it has been above normal temps... hmmm

I am enjoying the warmth though...

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I have issues with the whole Global Warming thing. As far as I'm concerned they're jumping to conclusions with not a whole lot of actual factual data. The planet has been around alot longer than we've occupied it. And it's gone thru alot worse changes than we could dream up, even before we managed to figure out caves might make a good place to live. lol Science has tons more to learn, and they tend to forget that sometimes.

As for us, I knuckled under and finally turned on the furnace once I was home from school this afternoon. Didn't see any reason to keep it on all day when Travis was sleeping, the dogs could care less, and everyone else was gone. I never leave it on at night anyway.

No snow. YIPPEE!! But it was awfully chilly today.:pouting: Fortunately for me I've been too broke to go out and buy my spring assortment of flowers. lol