OMG, it's so peaceful. First day of school and he was EARLY!

TerryJ2

What a great way to start out the yr. difficult child got up at 6:30, dressed himself (we laid everything out last night), and even had time to read a chapter in a novel.
We got to school b4 the carpool line officiallly formed, and i was able to talk to the resources teacher (aka sped ed) who was helping with-carpool. I wanted to make a point of telling her what an awesome summer with-had with-Mrs. K, the math tutor. Teachers' methods and personalities make all the difference in the world.
Also, the two stalker girls are no longer going to his school. They are going to the local public school. They called this weekend. He talked to one and refused to talk to the other. It's only a matter of time b4 they meet some new boy and forget about difficult child. I hope.
I hope difficult child's day--week--life ... continues like this.
Not likely.
But I'm enjoying it while I can.
It's amazing what it does to my mood ... I came home, actually ready to work!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Ahhhh- deep relaxing breath!
I have felt this way- kind of - for 2 weeks now. Except the upcoming move again!!! LOL and the **** hitting the fan every day after School! Oh and searching for Day Schools- But for that short peaceful amount of time- AHHHHH

Enjoy

Terry, so glad you have some time to relax and enjoy. I know you will savor it.

The fact this morning even occurred, is a great testament to all the work your family has done.

TerryJ2

difficult child continued to do very well today, and did well at the therapist appointment, too. He's still stuck on having his video game time during the school yr, and we discussed adding to the time of maximum 1 hr per day, only if his grades are good.
husband wanted to know if I picked up the wrong kid at camp, LOL!
It does help to get up earlier. I am going to make that my goal, consistently, this yr.
Thank you all for your support!

Oh, and difficult child said he has the SAME MATH TEACHER this yr. Aaargh! At least he's got the nice math tutor twice a wk.
And only one of the girls is going to another school. The other one is still there.

klmno

Still, he's off to a good start and that can go a long way sometimes- as you know. It sounds like maybe he's matured a little over the past months and I hope he continues to improve at home and that he has a very successful school year. If nothing else, you need the peace!

Wow the fact that he can keep it together during this time of transition is big. I think the extra video game time will be motivating. Passing that good advice that you gave to me, back to you -- you said to watch carefully and catch my gfg17 doing great things, even the little things like carrying in his suitcase from Residential Treatment Center (RTC). I have been doing that and it works really well for me. The fact that I am watching him mindfully, also works to slow down my reactivity to him. Anyway, maybe you can head off some of your difficult child's triggers at the pass -- as the week progresses, he may need more support (as you know).

he sounds like he is maturing some, as klmno noted. Yay!

P.S. I went back and checked -- you said, "think hard, watch carefully." That was really good advice. Those are two hard things to do -- but again, they are giving my mind something specific and positive to focus on.

Last edited: