Omg omg omg omg omg omg omg...............

Calamity Jane

You're the definition of a Warrior Mom. I'm in awe! Good for Q - sounds like everything is finally going to work out for the best for you both. Wonderful!

klmno

Buddy, try hard not to let your fears interfere with how you are reacting to these people. I have no doubt you have reason to worry about the sd's and others' reactions and decisions but if you react to them instead of maintaining your stance, it could backfire. You are doing wonderful, as usual, so just keep doing what you are doing. Except for this- find time and commit to taking care of yourself. Really, it can cause you to fall apart and be useless to Q later in life if you don't.

InsaneCdn

If the current SD tries to mess this up? Advocate will be down their backs with the whole stack of "stuff" you are sitting on right now... Somehow, I expect this SD knows that, too...

susiestar

Roll With It
This sound amazing and I hope and pray that Q is placed there. If they won't put him there? GO to WAR over their illegal restraints, abuse of Q, etc....!! Heck, I bet we could make this go viral if we all worked on it and did something on youtube or facebook about it if the press wouldn't get involved. Make it easier for them to place Q there than to fight you on it! Let the law advocate handle things HER WAY and I bet you will get what you want.

I am so THRILLED that there is such an amazing program so close to you!!!!

buddy

Buddy, try hard not to let your fears interfere with how you are reacting to these people. I have no doubt you have reason to worry about the sd's and others' reactions and decisions but if you react to them instead of maintaining your stance, it could backfire. You are doing wonderful, as usual, so just keep doing what you are doing. Except for this- find time and commit to taking care of yourself. Really, it can cause you to fall apart and be useless to Q later in life if you don't.

I am trying. My mom had him during the tour and I got back in time to get him early but she said I could just go home, they were having a great time and instead of feeling guilty, I went home. It was so nice.

I wish I had money for a haircut or something but oh well. Q and I went for such a nice walk the other day. We love to ride bikes but with his stress lately it is not fun for me. Maybe I will sneak home during his school time or during his Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) time and start biking without his knowing it (he will fuss about it if I go and he doesn't get to).

I am getting these headaches and what you guys have said about strokes, I hope that wouldn't happen to me but I will let the dr know that when I go to get the pms/peri-menopause issue checked out.

LittleDudesMom

Buddy, I know it's been said 100 times - but take care of yourself through this whole stressful process. If you can't afford to get your hair cut, I bet you could take a nice long soak in the tub, or sit outside with a drink and a book on these lovely evenings. Find a way to do for you. Being a single parent myself, I know how difficult it is to shoulder this alone.

This place sounds wonderful! You know, it so happens that easy child and I were talking about this yesterday. She is going to school to be a Special Education teacher and she was talking about the rise in need for autism education and she could see herself working in a special school for autistic kids. I will keep everything I have crossed for you and Q.

Sharon

buddy

A funny thing.... the new home program coordinator came with us on the tour. He seems really nice. Has been our coordinator for about three months now.

He was formerly an EBD teacher in another popular intermediate Special Education. district for more of the eastern suburbs (but still not one our district belongs to .... they just think they can do it all)

He liked where he worked but he said this was like 6 times the size of the program he worked in and he told the guy giving us a tour, he just got a new job but he would want to work there! That said a lot to me because he sounded like he was really disillusioned with his former job.

really trying to not borrow trouble or worries, just used to having the other shoe drop, then get picked up and thrown at me lately.

Buddy,

Stay positive!! Take care of yourself. Riding your bike is an excellent idea. Fresh air, sunshine, exercise, can work wonders for stress.

This is excellent news!! Sounds like a great place for Q!!

As always, thinking of you and Q... SFR

buddy

New school. It looks like this but with the tape on windows and no landscaping. drywall is all up inside and major installations are done. the view to the right of what is shown here is that the building goes on about as long as what you see in the front. It is HUGE. yet they plan on maybe 400 students.... our highschool was smaller with thousands of kids.

rejectedmom

I am so relieved for you and Q! Everything will work out and Q will be going to this new school very soon. Do not stress over what might happen. Focus on what you want to happen and just keep putitng those good vibes out into the universe so they come back to you. I will continue to pray for you & Q! -RM