Omg omg omg omg omg

flutterby

Fly away!
I feel like I'm 16 again!

I just reconnected through facebook with my bff from high school. We have been out of contact for 12 years, though neither of us really can remember why.

We emailed back and forth several times and then spent 3 hours on the phone with a "date" to talk again tomorrow evening. It takes a long time to catch up on 12 years. And it's like we're just picking up where we left off.

When I was 15/16 and easy child's dad and I were broke up, I dated a guy, A. He was such a kind, gentle person, but I was in this addictive relationship with ex and ended up back together with ex.

After I divorced my 2nd husband, A and I corresponded a few times, but it drifted off.

After 20 years, I still think about A. And apparently, he thinks about me, too. My friend said that for 20 years, even when he was married, he asked about me. Actually, she said he is still "pining for me". She said he told her that if we had stayed together we'd still be married today. *swoon*

Tomorrow she is sending me his email address and phone number. I know I won't have the nerve to call, but I'm already writing the email in my head. I'm so nervous. And excited. And nervous. Did I mention nervous?

I feel like I'm 16 again. This is the guy that made my knees go weak and would have moved heaven and earth for me, but I was stupid and decided to go back to the guy who beat on me for fun.

I feel all giggly and stupidly happy.

And what's really...weird? spooky? whatever? I've been *completely* ok with being single. I've loved it and didn't feel like I was missing out on anything. Until about 2 weeks ago. The feeling hit me pretty hard that I really wanted someone in my life. But, I really don't want to do the dating thing. BLECK. And more spooky? I had a dream about him 3 nights ago.

Probably, nothing will come of this. But, just thinking about it....tee hee hee.

flutterby

Fly away!
Thank you, Witz.

I've spent my entire adult life being guarded...protecting my feelings...folding up inside myself so I don't get hurt.

And I don't want to live like that anymore.

maril

How nice for you. A friend from long ago recently got in touch with me through facebook and it was also a nice surprise; played catch up.

Good luck with the long-lost beau. I can imagine you are pretty excited and I hope all goes well.

nvts

Hey! This sounds like fun. Do you realize when you stop looking for love , it comes looking for you!

Keep your eyes open and remain objective and you'll be fine!

Beth

everywoman

Heather, I'm excited for you. Even if this does not turn into a romantic relationship, I think just widening your circle, planning activities, and getting out of the house is just what you need to move forward. It's time to join life again. You are going to hurt...whether you sit in the house and hurt or go out and enjoy yourself...the illness will be there. But at least if you're busy and happy, you will not "think" about it all the time. And then, Life becomes GRAND!!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well if this isn't more exciting than any tv show!

I literally can't wait for chapter deux!

Way to go dear! This is the most happy I've heard you sound since I've known you!

flutterby

Fly away!
I sent him an email this morning. I said a lot of things that I never would have allowed myself to say before. The whole being vulnerable thing.

He replied. He said he didn't have time to talk right now, but wanted to let me know he got my email, and that we'll talk later.

*sniff*

I have this stupid grin on my face and I'm crying at the same time.

I'm just a silly girl.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Heather ~ sorry to be so late on this but I'm saying the same thing as you OMG OMG OMG.

How very cool to connect with an old friend. AND the getting out is very cool as well. I get out even though I'm in pain - I'd rather be out with people in pain than alone.

I'm so excited to see this "turnaround" so to speak - you are definitely due.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am THRILLED for you!!!!!

This is awesome! Remember that you ARE a beautiful butterfly now, no longer a caterpillar wanting to curl up and wait for metamorphosis. You have done metamorphosized into a beautiful, amazing, wonderful person. I bet these people always knew you were there and were waiting for YOU to see it.

So happy for you! Keep us in the loop.