OMG So Now We Know!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Sorry Lisa...you have so many threads going simultaneously that I don't know which one was posted when. lol.

But what I just said on this other post probably fits here, too. :)

Lisa, I'm trying online dating. It's an education on integrity and honesty; unfortunately, I'm finding little in the men I've met. It's so easy to misrepresent yourself online- to be a sweet-talker or a pathological liar.

So I hold very little credence in the written word anymore. I would be cautious. on the other hand, I would also be too curious to not go see her to test the veracity of her words. I wouldn't stay with her...get a cheap motel and visit for a day or two. Is that possible?

Suz

WOW Lisa.

I've been pretty much of the board for the past week or so (busy busy busy) but I have occasionally popped in and have been keeping up with your saga.

I am hoping against all hope that she is being sincere, and praying for your wisdom to catch it if she is not.

KTMom91

I hope she's changed for the better, and that Kayla and Alex are safe and well. Along with that, I would take everything she's written with an entire box of salt.

trinityroyal

Lisa, I agree with what everyone else has already said.

However sincere the words may sound, I would push for more information about the brain disorder, and keep my guard up.

Thinking positive thoughts, hoping that Stepgfg has turned herself around and that Kayla and Alex are safe, well and happy. However, actions speak MUCH louder and I'd be wanting to see some action before I took a single step toward believing her.

It's like I told my difficult child a few weeks ago..."you have lied so much for so many years, that I don't believe a word you say unless I have independent proof" Without independent proof, I'm just not convinced. I think you should take Shari up on her offer of a drive-by.

Trinity

DammitJanet

Shari...come by my house for a drive by...and I dont mean to just look! I promise not to be home but will arrange for a few others (ahem) to be sitting in the yard...lol.

Anyway...I just wanted to rescind my harsh and skeptical posts. Im not in a good mood right now so Im not much into seeing the good in anyone.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Being the skeptic, I'd wait for a name of a disease. If you thought you were dying, wouldn't you know the name of the disease and do the research? She is on the internet enough. Sorry.

I can't help but think of the e mail solicitations I receive from a woman in Africa with a wonderful loving husband who needs some surgery for a rare disease. Could I send money? or the bank in Africa that needs me to send money so they can send me my millions. As if!!!!
Your stepgfg may have decided that those schemes would work better on family if she used her kids as a lure.

She may be sick but she has burnt her bridges in terms of trust and must prove herself, even if she is sick.

donna723

I don't know Daisy, I'm a little skeptical too. It all sounds sort of "contrived". In the first emails she never mentioned the kids ... who would NOT mention their kids! Then in this email they all sound like Wally and the Beav' in the kitchen baking cookies with June! There's something just not quite right but I'm not sure what it is! And if someone was "dying" of a disease, you would think they would at least know the name of the disease! And they would be receiving some kind of treatment. Does she mention how they're getting by ... does she work?

Do you have Google Earth loaded on your computer? If you have a definate street address, you can look it up on Google Earth and kind of see what kind of neighborhood it is anyway - or if it's a real address.

witzend

Oooh, Donna! Google Earth is a great idea, or even just go to google maps. You can even see what the house looks like from the street. Scary, to me, but cool for checking up on people! I check people out who I'm dealing with on Craigslist before they come by the house or before I go to theirs. I don't want to deal with creepy people and cash, if you know what I mean.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
As far as the "condition" goes I'm skeptical as h ell til I have a name, treatments and such. Stepgfg is too much like her Dad in that area. Actually, my current attitude with it is exactly how I'd handle her Dad. Don't believe it til you see the symptoms/test results yourself, or at least something along those lines.

Aw heck. I'm still skeptical with the whole deal. sigh So nice of you to not think of us til you're ready to supposedly drop dead, dear. Know what I mean. That just keeps running thru my brain.

Any hoo.........no more emails over the past couple days for anyone. Nichole asked if I emailed her today. Nope. Yesterday? Nope. I'm not chasing the girl. I'm just giving her a chance to prove herself.

witzend

It's kind of like that Bill Cosby bit where he talks about the grandparents who were strict parents spoiling the grandchildren rotten because they've suddenly realized that heaven isn't that far away. Even if she is ill, apologies are much less sincere when it's more like checking things off before you end up in Hades for all of the bad things you did to people.

skeeter

Many counties now have auditor sites that list home ownership, searchable by name, address, etc. If you think they may be home owners (as opposed to renting), you can see if the county has such.

Many counties also have clerk of court websites. While privacy issues may limit the amount of information available, you could at least do a search on her name and see if there's any record at all. Ours has any court issues, including divorce, and motor vehicle citations.

Even if she doesn't know her "condition" name, she certainly know her physician's name. Once she gives you that, check to see what type of doctor she's talking about (I mean, if it's a OB/GYN that would somewhat discount the terminial brain issue, no?).

What's the name of the kids' school? You could also then do a search for that.

The little one has a "mental" age of 3 but he has an IEP for ADHD? Um, ok.

I'm just trying to help you with that "resolve"...... you have my thoughts and prayers.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
If you think they may be home owners

:rofl: Uh, no way. I know they aren't. Stepgfg inherited her grandfather's house. (nothing great) But let it be taken for taxes because she didn't pay them. That was 6 months before coming to stay with us. But I'll check into the other two as they may turn up something. Thanks skeeter.

Yup. I've got to stay objective. And now that the shock has worn off, that's alot easier to do. Odd how easily it is to fall back into an old groove.

She emailed Nichole last night to say she'd sent off school pics and some drawings the kids made. I'll believe it when I pull it out of the mailbox.

Janet.......if I ever get an address........I'll take you up on it. Thanks.

donna723

I've got it on mine too. You can also email an image from Google Earth to someone just like you would with any other picture.