OMG! What in the world....?

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Just received an email from the Behavior Therapist...

She helped difficult child apply for the IDEAL job.

It's a "job" being a survey-taker online.

:slap::hammer:

Does this woman honestly think this is a way for a high-school student to earn steady income?

Not to mention we don't allow difficult child to use the internet...

H

HaoZi

Yeah... I do those. I know others that do those. Steady income? Pfffft. An income you can live off of? By itself? You gotta be kidding me! It's more like do it all year to put another gift or two under the tree.

klmno

LOL! In the long run, this will probably serve to prove your point to the people in the system.

I'm telling you DF, parents need to start telling this koi is going on to people in higher positions. If enough of us do that, the point has to be noticed.

L

Liahona

Is she trying to force your hand in letting difficult child use the internet?

I know nothing about this job. Does it require difficult child to sign on at a certain time? Is it going to require her to be responsible?

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Hmm. Internet job, no internet access. Sounds like a recipe for failure. (And of course, Mom and Dad look like the bad guys, not BT.)

Not to mention, that's not a job where she sits on her rear and learns NO REAL SKILLS.

BT is OUT.OF.HER.MIND.

buddy

AGAIN??? Oh my, sounds like there needs to be a rule.... NO suggestions to difficult child unless screened by parents first. Period. NOTHING. NOT even brain storming.

uggg

B

Bunny

I'm sorry, but this BT has stepped WAY over the line. This is not her job. She needs to stick to what she is supposed to be doing, and going behind your back is not it.

TerryJ2

You're having a mtng today? Great! Let us know what happens. I'm thought it was a meteor shower I saw last night, but maybe that was you ...

DammitJanet

Has BT ever done surveys online? I have rarely seen anyone earn a significant amount of money doing those. Im pretty sure the requirements say you have to be 18 too. I have tried and am rarely picked.

Marguerite

I registered for a lot of these a year ago and although I did a lot of surveys, I never really made much out of them according to the accounts. And then how do you cash them in? Too much hassle, not worth the effort. I have better things to do with my time.

And I'm an adult, able to make adult choices. Also, doing surveys online when you are NOT security-savvy leaves you greatly at risk of your email address being sent around and around, so you end up with an in box loaded with spam.

Mind you, it does help if you are allowed to use the 'net.

BT needs to get a job for which she is qualified. Such as filling in surveys online, sounds like it's right up her alley!

Marg

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Yeah... I do those. I know others that do those. Steady income? Pfffft. An income you can live off of? By itself? You gotta be kidding me! It's more like do it all year to put another gift or two under the tree.

Before you, Haozi - I'd never known anyone who made money from taking surveys....but that was my impression: Lots of questions for just a few dollars here and there. Hardly the kind of "job" that would pay the rent every month.

Plus I would think that these companies wanting the survey results need the participants to fit a certain kind of demographic - and at the very least be an adult with shopping power...not just a kid with no money.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
I registered for a lot of these a year ago and although I did a lot of surveys, I never really made much out of them according to the accounts. And then how do you cash them in? Too much hassle, not worth the effort. I have better things to do with my time.

And I'm an adult, able to make adult choices. Also, doing surveys online when you are NOT security-savvy leaves you greatly at risk of your email address being sent around and around, so you end up with an in box loaded with spam.

Mind you, it does help if you are allowed to use the 'net.

BT needs to get a job for which she is qualified. Such as filling in surveys online, sounds like it's right up her alley!

Marg

Exactly, Marg!

EXACTLY!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
And as a follow-up to this...

I did try to discuss this "job application" with the BT.

BT told me this was a survey job for which difficult child was perfectly qualified. Applicants do NOT have to be 18...and they can choose whether to work part-time or full-time. So BT went on to explain that this was perfect for difficult child because she could take surveys part-time now...and when she graduates high school she can do it full-time. And she won't have top worry about driving and she can get an apartment anywhere because it is an online job. Isn't it great???

I think BT is not living in the same world as the rest of us...

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
DAAAANNNNGGGG...

Nope, she's in an alternate dimension. CLEARLY.

She wanna see how much money SHE would make doing this?!

Sheesh.