OMG you guys....!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I'm sorry I'm not posting many replies today...lots going on in my difficult child and non-difficult child world.
One of those things...my mom wants to take wee difficult child to someplace like Sylvan. He REALLY wants to learn to read, and she thinks it would be good for him to get a jump on it, anyway. I don't think its a bad idea, will give him something to be proud of, too.
Anyway, she knows about easy child 2's reading issues, and called at lunch AND WANTS TO TAKE easy child 2, TOO!!!! At least for the evaluation part to see how much help she needs, and she'll contribute to the fees!! Since her biological family won't help her...
OMG am I the luckiest person alive, or what?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
What a wonderful mother! You're very lucky.

I will say, it costs a LOT. My sister had my neice in their program for a year. Didn't do a bit of good, unfortunately. Sis had to finally cut her losses and pull her out. Same problem. Reading. Told sis to have her checked for dyslexia with a neuropsychologist. (expecially since their is already one person in the family with the diagnosis) She wouldn't do it. Neice graduated by the skin of her teeth.

susiestar

Roll With It
Some Sylvan programs are great, some really are not. You have to evaluation your prticular Sylvan. They vary so much because it all comes down to the employees and how well they can do what is needed.

Check out other tutoring places, esp the local university. Ours has a great reading program and it is less than half of what Sylvan charges.

You DO have an awesome, wonderful, hug-deserving mom. give her a hug for me!!!

Susie

Abbey

Spork Queen
Ok...I was the first to respond. Mom has to adopt ME first. I'm shoving you guys out of the line.

Abbey